Marchand "regrets" mocking Maple Leafs with golf swing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Unite. Show Bruins-Unite's posts

Marchand "regrets" mocking Maple Leafs with golf swing

The Golf Swing Gesture - Story

I'm still laughing about this. Priceless. Unsportsman-like, yes. But hillarious.

From Matt Kalman and The Bruins Blog:

After a scrum, Marchand made a golf-swing gesture that probably got under the skin of some of the blue-and-white-wearing players. It also irked the Bruins' bench boss.

"I got a little bit of an earful [from Claude Julien between periods]," admitted Marchand after the game, "it won't happen again."

Marchand said that Phil Kessel(notes) popped him in the mouth and there should've been a penalty. Instead there was a razzing from the bench and then the gesture. "That was a little immature of me. I shouldn't have done that," said the pesky winger.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Re: Marchand "regrets" mocking Maple Leafs with golf swing

I never seen this. If Marchand done this it was extremely immature of him. Hopefully the kid matures because he is a good hockey player. But he is also very immature & this is right up there. Somebody better get this kid on the right track because he is going to get himself hurt with his actions.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand "regrets" mocking Maple Leafs with golf swing:
    [QUOTE]I never seen this. If Marchand done this it was extremely immature of him. Hopefully the kid matures because he is a good hockey player. But he is also very immature & this is right up there. Somebody better get this kid on the right track because he is going to get himself hurt with his actions.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]

I find it funny and completely appropriate emotion and gamesmanship from one of the consistently best players on this team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Big deal. If this is all he has to worry about he's in for a hell of a career. Great goal Brad!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Brad has turned into a little punk.  A rookie mistake maybe.  Last idiot that did that was Peters in Buffalo.  If he wants to be classed with that group good job Brad. 

Classless move by an ever growing classless player.  I dont care if he scores 40 goals, if he keeps pulling these moves I will never cheer for him.  His reputation will take care of itself someday soon.  Karma is a B___H!  Any good/smart hockey player knows you never taunt the enemy that way.  That is like the death blow of all jinxes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Some people seem to think this type of punk behaviour is okay. Marchand is starting to get a well deserved reputation as a bit of a punk. This is not the first questionhable thing he has done or said. There is a bit of a pattern forming here. He may of got away with it in Junior but the NHL is different.

Marchand is a good player & is an asset to the Bs when he doesn't cross the line. His actions on the ice in the last couple of months (cheap play, dumb penalties) as well as some very questionable comments to the media have me wondering if this is not going to be one of those guys that wears out his welcome pretty quickly as he moves around the league.

Someone has to get this guy under control. Certainly a top 6 fwd on this team but the act is getting old quick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Marchand got suckered in the face, right in front of the ref and no penalty was called.
    He made a golfing gesture. I really don't see the big deal. He made a rookie mistake. It could have been much worse.

How would you have reacted after getting punched in the face?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Players mock each other and say dumb stuff to each other all the time. I like marchand and I like what he brings. I have no problem with him being an agitator, its part of his game and he's good at it. As long as he keeps his play clean then keep agitating. He still is no where to the cooke's and Avery's of the league. If his play draws penalties, keep it up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

If he gets sucker-punched and razzed from there bench, I think it's open season for him to mock them however he wants.  CJ is right to be mad at him, and Brad is right to regret it, but I like it that to Marchand it's more than just a job.  He takes it personal.  It's also funny.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Personally, I love it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]Players mock each other and say dumb stuff to each other all the time. I like marchand and I like what he brings. I have no problem with him being an agitator, its part of his game and he's good at it. As long as he keeps his play clean then keep agitating. He still is no where to the cooke's and Avery's of the league. If his play draws penalties, keep it up.
    Posted by bgrif008[/QUOTE]

The difference is Avery & Cooke have been around a lot longer then Marchand. If Marchand continues with this punk attitude he will have plenty of time to reach Cooke & Avery status.

He has crossed the line & is not going to be respected around the league if he continues with this attitude. The same thing is happening with Subban in Montreal. It is one thing to be an agitator but Marchand has been more then that.

I like Marchand. The kid has skill & speed which was a much needed element to this team. He can also be a pest which can be a good attribute. But making a golf gesture to the Leafs was & is a punk move. Especially when you end up losing the game. Marchand has to grow up & can be a pest while still respecting the game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Don't like the antics, but like what the kid does on the ice.

He'll mature........or somewone will kill him.....LOL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Let me see here.

Komisarek cross checks marchand in the face after the whistle. Celine Dion tries to start with Rechi and Seguin. Kessel punches brad in the face and mocks him, Marchand finally snaps and makes a stupid gesture back.

Yet Brad is the villian here? I think you guys have this kid under too much of a microscope. You know the difference between BM and Avery ( I wont even mention Cooke thats just rediculous I cant beleive anyone here is even considering that comparison :headshake:).

Is that No1 on Avery's team cares/corrects him when he steps over the line, yet BM has a coach and teammates who care and try and correct him. This is why he still has the chance to grow up and not make foolish mistakes. Which are few and not normally crossing the line.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Enough already Marchnd Haters!  If you don't like the kid, don't freakin watch the games!  Go watch a gentelmen's game like golf or tennis, but please stop the b*tchn & complaining about a guy that is having a tremendous rookie season and is very fun to watch.  This stuff happens all the time in many sports, remember the Patiriots and the popcorn against TO and the Cowboys?, how about Dwight Howard with the Chalk and the photo mimicking of Lebron during intro's, what about the Fleury vs. Price striking the pose battle.  Lighten up and enjoy the ride, otherwise find something else to watch, because Marchand will not change his stripes, especially since it is working extremely well for him!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i think it's hilarious, acting like a punk and being a dirty player, are two different things. i hope he cleans up the dirty play, but have no problem with this gesture. i've never seem a team whine as much as the leafs. at one point it looked like komisarek was going to actually cry after a scrum. truth hurts, the leafs will be teeing off in a week or two. boo hoo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I laughed a lot, I loved it. John Wensink is loved and he once mocked the Minny bench by challenging it to a fight. Bunch of girls.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Whether you like it or not, the punk attitude will cost the Bs in the playoffs.  There are many who watch the game from other players, coaches, referees, and the NHL in general.  Not a smart move by Marchand.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from STFU-Yankee-fans. Show STFU-Yankee-fans's posts

[QUOTE]Brad has turned into a little punk.  A rookie mistake maybe.  Last idiot that did that was Peters in Buffalo.  If he wants to be classed with that group good job Brad.  Classless move by an ever growing classless player.  I dont care if he scores 40 goals, if he keeps pulling these moves I will never cheer for him.  His reputation will take care of itself someday soon.  Karma is a B___H!  Any good/smart hockey player knows you never taunt the enemy that way.  That is like the death blow of all jinxes.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

WOW!! CRY ME A RIVER!!!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Funny but stupid. At least wait until the game is out of reach before mocking the playoffless Leafs...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

How does a gesture with no tangible impact on the game that recieved no punishment "hurt the team in the playoffs?"

Did chirping players all last year hurt the Hawks in the playoffs?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Brad's going to do what Sobotka did in the playoffs last year frustrate the opposing team. It was gamesmanship nothing more Marchand's learning a tough game. If the vets on the Bruins didn't like I'm sure they spoke to him about it move on.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ahhhh, cause others see the foolish behavior as degrading.  The end result of the foolish behavior is imprinted on the brain of the powers to be as being a "punk".  Now given the imprint and Marchand propensity to use his stick subtedly will undoubedly affect the referees view of his play especially in the playoffs.  You out play the other team and embarass them.  Toronto won last night!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UCONN. Show UCONN's posts

[QUOTE]Ahhhh, cause others see the foolish behavior as degrading.  The end result of the foolish behavior is imprinted on the brain of the powers to be as being a "punk".  Now given the imprint and Marchand propensity to use his stick subtedly will undoubedly affect the referees view of his play especially in the playoffs.  You out play the other team and embarass them.  Toronto won last night!
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

I think it's a bit of a stretch to think that the refs are going to call him for more penalties because his pissed off some a few players.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Ahhhh, cause others see the foolish behavior as degrading.  The end result of the foolish behavior is imprinted on the brain of the powers to be as being a "punk".  Now given the imprint and Marchand propensity to use his stick subtedly will undoubedly affect the referees view of his play especially in the playoffs.  You out play the other team and embarass them.  Toronto won last night!
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

Cooke has had a reputation 10x worse than Marchand for a few years now. Did that stop Pitts from reaching the SC Finals 2x and Winning it 1x?