Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Re: Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin...

All three lines are cooking, and even having Caron help Campbell provided the rest for the other three lines, although Hamill is not as solid as Caron. Hamill is still better than Pouliot, but would be too slight for 4th line duty. Corvo is finally adding some input to the power play. Interesting how Claude gets more ice for Campbell and Caron on the PK and filling in with Kelly. Defense looked a bit ragged without Ference. Kamfer has speed and recovers, but was only so-so [pressure ?] Seidenberg was not up to par, and Boychuck still needs a smarts injection to go with his toughness.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Seguin is...
    T-2nd in goals
    T-4th in points (behind three guys who don't know what defense is.....Kessel, Thelma, Kopitar)
    1st in +/-

......and not even top 40 in shots on goal

And if he maintains his current pace......
    60 goals
    49 assists

I don't expect this pace to keep up (although I wouldn't be surprised), but he could break 50 in one and 40 in the other, and possibly in the running for Hart, Richard, etc.

But none of that is bold......this might be, and I said this before this hot streak, and before this line was put together:
    This will be the year Bergeron breaks the point per game barrier.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin...:[QUOTE]Orr/Espo or 92 Pens.  I felt going into the season that the Bruins top-6 could be dynamite and they have been. Possibly the best 6 pack in two decades. Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Speaking of 1992 that's the last time the Bs scored 30 goals in 5 games. Poor Rick Bowness takes his club to the Prince of Wales finals then gets canned by Harry never understood that other than Sutter became available, that was Sinden's guy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Ah, that firing. I will always remember that as the begining of a slow downward spiral as a Bruins fan until  Chiarelli took over.

In Response to Re: Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin... : Speaking of 1992 that's the last time the Bs scored 30 goals in 5 games. Poor Rick Bowness takes his club to the Prince of Wales finals then gets canned by Harry never understood that other than Sutter became available, that was Sinden's guy.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Please be reminded that their performance also makes the other lines (and match-ups) better, as well.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

RWTK,
    Seguin was one of the few reasons why the Bruins didn't sink entirely in the first few games. And this line wasn't together due to CJ trying to give Seguin the 3rd line to center and filling in on the 1st line, because Krejci was hurt. Now that Bergeron has a legitimate threat (Bergeron is never in a lull due to immaturity, mind you), we're finally going to see him shine offensively. I remember tons of people complaining about how Bergeron doesn't get the respect he deserves around the league......this year is his chance to do that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin...:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin... : Interesting stat. As for Bowness, that was in Harry's peak scapegoating era. The following season, he scapegoated Moog out of town. It was always someone else's fault not Jacobs's budget or Harry trying to sell us on Steve Heinze being a quality second line RW. Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

The begining of the long road down hill for for sure. Funny my pops used to call Heinze "snow shoes" cause he looked liked he skated in them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

I don't want to be THAT guy who says, "I was saying it at the beginning of the year and people were giving me crap" but.......yeah it's true.

I wanted this since before the preseason.  I even made a thread about what the lines should be.  And a lot of people said I was wrong to want Seguin on the Bergeron/Marchand line and that it should be Peverly there, while Seguin gets less minutes and plays on the third line

I was surprised at how many people rejected the idea.  I just thought it would be such a dynamic line, full of quality scoring chances for a kid that we know, just needs chances and he WILL BURY THEM

And now that it's come true, it's been better than even I hoped, so early into it.  Hope they keep it together for a long time

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

What's amazing is this line still misses a ton of opportunities. 2-3 posts a game, near-misses, not burying chances, open nets.

I'm not criticizing....just saying that they are so crazy-good and creative, that sometimes the play is even faster than what they can handle. Teams have no answer for these guys, and they will continue to create chances.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin...:
    [QUOTE]What's amazing is this line still misses a ton of opportunities. 2-3 posts a game, near-misses, not burying chances, open nets. I'm not criticizing....just saying that they are so crazy-good and creative, that sometimes the play is even faster than what they can handle. Teams have no answer for these guys, and they will continue to create chances.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

I agree Asmaha, I expect them to clean up those little mistakes as they play together longer.  It's funny to think that they can clearly get better, not that I expect better point production then what where getting, but it seems feasible.