Marchand for Dubinsky

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

Marchand for Dubinsky

I,m ready to give up on Marchand! Numerous times I have watched Marchand fumble & bumble the puck, dropping the puck to no one, refusing to give the puck to Eriksson, ( these 2 have zilch for chemistry) taking stupid penalties etc. etc. He has excelled in the PK i,ll give him that. I,d love to see Dubinsky on Bergeron,s leftside with Iglina on his right. With the 2 making about the same salary the only stumbling block would be Marchands no trade. The B,s have enough PK to overcome that loss. Lucic-Krejci-Smith  Soderberg-Kelly-Ericksson

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Re: Marchand for Dubinsky

We don't really need Marchand. Not until April.

Bruins are in first without him. We'll need him at playoff time. Does anyone actually think that Brad will not make a contribution for the whole year?

Don't delude yourself with regular season uselessness.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

I,m hoping he,ll turn it around eventually......he just does not look right. What upsets me the most is the chemisty with Eriksson, many times he is available for a pass with Marchand looking right at him & he,ll hold on to it. What the heck is up with that? I,m a big Dubinsky fan & think he would look great in a B,s uniform. Probably Marchand will turn it around, but he,s pi** ing me off right now! LOL i,d make a terrible GM but tell me, wouldn,t Dubinsky look good in a spoked B?  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I have concerns on how he is playing, pucman is correct on his assessment on how his play is, many sport broadcasters are commenting on his play and seem to question it also. Im not ready to give up because he has a modified ntc meaning the bruins still have some power to move him and the Bs have an advantage either way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

We.ve all seen what he can do, so let's not jump ahead. Both Claude and Peter are closer to what is happening, and will change it up if necessary

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:[QUOTE] We don't really need Marchand. Not until April.

Bruins are in first without him. We'll need him at playoff time. Does anyone actually think that Brad will not make a contribution for the whole year?

Don't delude yourself with regular season uselessness.  [/QUOTE]

True but right now Marchand stinks!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I've noticed the same thing re: giving the puck to Eriksson.  Noticed it early on when both Marchand and Bergeron seemed to be playing a two-man game with Eriksson frequently finding gaps and making himself available only for them to choose another option.  I don't see it with Bergeron any more, and I'd say part of Marchand's problem is that, because Bergeron isn't playing that little two on two game any more, Marchand often seems like he's on his own.  He has Seguinitis.  And because he's not giving up the puck to the open man, he's not getting the chance to open up for return feeds.  Take those two things away from most quick, smaller players and they aren't going to fare very well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

That said - I'd rather ride this out for a full year if necessary before I'd make a trade.  Marchand's a headcase.  When the wheel of hamsters in his head comes around again, you'll notice a difference.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrr. Show NeelyOrr's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We don't really need Marchand. Not until April.

Don't delude yourself with regular season uselessness.

[/QUOTE]

Agree, he will get it going

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

If we are thinking about trading Brad. I would like to see the bruins make a package deal to Edm. involving Yakupov and a stay home d man.

(1) Next season Iggy will not be a Bruin and Yakupov can be on the RW 1st line with Looch and Krejci

(2) Yakupov on the 2nd and 3rd line this season with ie Yakupov Bergy Erikson and Smith Kelly Yakupov . Bergy can tune up Yakupov getting him ready for 1st line duties next season.

(3) If March goes the bruins will need to pursue another PK player .

The line up could start :

Looch Krejci Iggy

Soderberg Bergy Erikson

Smith Kelly Yakupov

Paille Campbell Spooner

Thornton

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Eriksson is on pace for a good season, blaming him for Marchand's woes isn't in the conversation. Bergeron is the center on that line not Marchand nor LouI.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

How about simply switching LWs on the 2nd and 3rd lines for a game or two. Marchand might just naturally click better with Kelly and Smith. Putting the Swedes with Bergeron could very easily end up being a brilliant move. Soderberg's strengths seem to be puck possession and crisp passing. Eriksson is a 30 goal scorer...maybe Carl could actually put the puck on his stick. This just seems like a no brainier. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to Madhouse27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How about simply switching LWs on the 2nd and 3rd lines for a game or two. Marchand might just naturally click better with Kelly and Smith. Putting the Swedes with Bergeron could very easily end up being a brilliant move. Soderberg's strengths seem to be puck possession and crisp passing. Eriksson is a 30 goal scorer...maybe Carl could actually put the puck on his stick. This just seems like a no brainier. 

[/QUOTE]

I with that also but it has not happen YETTTTTTTTT!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:[QUOTE] We don't really need Marchand. Not until April.

Don't delude yourself with regular season uselessness.  [/QUOTE]

True but right now Marchand stinks!

[/QUOTE]

It will pass.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Marchand is struggling right now, though last couple of games he has played better. Actually thought his game last night was one of his better ones. Marchand on his best day is  better than Dubinsky on his best day, and I like Dubinsky. Marchand is better/more effective.

He needs to play on that edge, not sure if they reigned him in a bit this year, but to me, his whole game is better when he's getting people mad, even Julien.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If Claude decides to give it a try (and it works) we'll all be free to just sit back and enjoy some elite level hockey. They'll be no grandstanding, end zone celebration dance, I told ya so's, requests to be put on the payroll etc. from me. It's just a wish and I know others share it. Blah at predictions on here and the grandstanding, avoidance and arguments that always seem to follow them. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

If we're talking about switching LW's, what about switching Marchand and Lucic for a game or two? I think Lucic would work fine with Bergeron and Eriksson, and maybe Iginla and Krejci can light a fire under Marchand.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]

If we are thinking about trading Brad. I would like to see the bruins make a package deal to Edm. involving Yakupov and a stay home d man.

(1) Next season Iggy will not be a Bruin and Yakupov can be on the RW 1st line with Looch and Krejci

(2) Yakupov on the 2nd and 3rd line this season with ie Yakupov Bergy Erikson and Smith Kelly Yakupov . Bergy can tune up Yakupov getting him ready for 1st line duties next season.

(3) If March goes the bruins will need to pursue another PK player .

The line up could start :

Looch Krejci Iggy

Soderberg Bergy Erikson

Smith Kelly Yakupov

Paille Campbell Spooner

Thornton

[/QUOTE]

What happens when Yakupov goes to play in the KHL next year?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

I like the idea of Soderberg with Bergeron and Eriksson.  It allows two excellent lines

Caron-Kelly-Smith  and my Marchand-Spooner  line with take your pick of Paille, Campbell, Thornton.  I don't know if that takes away from the penalty kill too much.  But that's what I would do.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Marchand, aka "nose" has only "mailed it in..." thus far this season and if I'm correct he has followed that same pattern during previous regular seasons.  It is high time he's traded for anything even a few hockey pucks!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ok you might have taken to o many pucks on the head.  

Or ur not a bruins fan either way 

In the words of the great late archie bunker

" stifle it"

[/QUOTE]

If I promise to stifle will you admit I'm correct about the "nose"...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If we're talking about switching LW's, what about switching Marchand and Lucic for a game or two? I think Lucic would work fine with Bergeron and Eriksson, and maybe Iginla and Krejci can light a fire under Marchand.

[/QUOTE]

I certainly like your idea a lot better Red.