Marchand Kisses the Cup and His Ring

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Marchand Kisses the Cup and His Ring

How did this escape it's own thread?

I just saw footage of it.  For those that are as slow as me (or for those who created, read and commented a thread I missed), Marchand kissed an imaginary Cup and later his ring in an "In Your Face" move vs. Vancouver.

I love it. 

Outside of hockey plays, this is easily my favorite Marchand moment.

(if this has been discussed already, whatever, it's nite's fault.)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Re: Marchand Kisses the Cup and His Ring

I loved it Nas , it was just a friendly reminder of who the boss was in finals  . 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I just saw footage of it.  For those that are as slow as me (or for those who created, read and commented a thread I missed), Marchand kissed an imaginary Cup and later his ring in an "In Your Face" move vs. Vancouver.

I love it. 

[/QUOTE]

It was discussed and i loved it then and i love it now,way to go Honey Badger!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Borrowed this from Hags:  * Good piece by Bruce Arthur on the battle between Boston and Vancouver that will probably never end.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I'd rather see him score some goals.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I saw it and posted it during the game thread.  I asked if what i saw was what I thought I saw.  Yeah, they won the game but it was a nice reminder/up yours token from Marchand to those gathered.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

We touched on it in the game thread. I wrote then I loved it. I still love it. Thought it was real creative and you know it still bugs the Canucks. I think Marchand needs to be emotionally engaged, a pest for him to be the player he needs to be. I can't help think that the Bruins reigning him in a bit has effected his overall game. I say agitate all you want, just don't take the dumb penalty or suspension. I hope he finds that happy medium.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Like I said on the game day thread - what better way to remind the Canucks of the difference between winning a meaningless interconference game in the dog days of December and laying the smack down on the road in game 7 of a Cup Finals.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Good support for marchand, and one of the few decent threads on this board this year. What's with all the venom , movies and non-hockey garbage ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Terrific hockey moment for us Bruins fans for sure.

That said, my favorite is still Ference giving the Montreal faithful the finger. I have been wanting someone to do that most of my life.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I wrote about this in the Hughson thread, so I'm pasting.  Mixed reaction from me, but I'm certainly not upset about it for the same reasons as most of the critics.

Again, I thought Marchand's antics were dumb, but not for the same reasons as Hughson.  Hughson can carry on about class and sportsmanship all he wants, although that would be a sharp departure from 2011 when he apologized for everything, including a grown man biting another grown man.  Lots of unsavory things are said during hockey games.  Kissing a ring isn't the worst I've seen.  BFD.

I thought Marchand was dumb, because his antics further advance the feeling that he doesn't have his head in this season.  Instead of worrying about the present, he's still getting off on the team's Stanley Cup two years ago -- a time when his play was much, much better than it has been this year.  

They were losing by four goals and he's having a terrible season.  His antics seem to suggest that none of that matters because he got a ring two years ago.  That's BS Brad.  Get your head in 2013.  Your team needs you.  We already had your 2011 victory parade.

I thought the Canucks just kind of laughed it off, for the most part.  I would have.  I was surprised that Hughson (and then Kesler) made such a big deal about it.  Hughson spent half of the 3rd period carrying on about it.  I guess you react to the things you're insecure about.  

I recall a worse mouth-to-finger episode in that building two years ago that didn't seem to bother Hughson much...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I completely agree with you Fletch. Its not the act but how it symbolizes where his head is at right now. And its not good.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Loved it. It's who he is love it or hate it it's who he is and he was being true to himself. Anyone thinking him kissing his finger or raising an imaginary cup has anything to do with where his head is at or he's living in the past please, that's nothing but pure conjecture. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Loved every bit of it. He obviously needs to find his game, though.

I said in the thread about Marchand being traded that I wouldn't mind seeing him go for the right price, but then again, I don't know if Lucic was any better during the regular season last year. And look how that turned out. He went full beast mode in the playoffs.

If he can turn it on in the playoffs, I'll be 100% OK with his current struggles.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

I didn't like it. Never give your opponent free ammunition.

Save it for the few minutes after you win the Cup and even then do it just once.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I am, I am...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Lol....nice. Almost makes me want to punch him in the face and I'm a Bruins fan!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I completely agree with you Fletch. Its not the act but how it symbolizes where his head is at right now. And its not good.

[/QUOTE]

If his head is in proper Marchand gear, he does exactly what he did.  He has to have the GFY and your mom too approach.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I loved it the 1st time with the ring kiss. I wouldn't even have minded the Stanley Cup lift, but he did it in front of the camera a total of 4x & apparently he was hoisting the cup in the warmups too when the fans started to boo him. So, where is exactly his head at? I actually was hoping someone would knock his teeth in. Once, or twice OK. But, there's such a thing called overkill. One thing I agreed with something that Craig Simpson said. "He's not the only one to ever win a cup!" And CJ had seen enough of it too as he told Marchand after his last lift skating by the Canucks bench. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If his head is in proper Marchand gear, he does exactly what he did.  He has to have the GFY and your mom too approach.

[/QUOTE]

If his head were in the game he would be listening to his coach and I can guarantee that CJ was none too pleased about that. He can get away with that if he is producing....but not if he is a drag on his linemates and his team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

Lol....nice. Almost makes me want to punch him in the face and I'm a Bruins fan!!!

[/QUOTE]

LOL! I know eh? I love the guy when he can put all his pesterings (new word) & skill together in the same game. It's when he allows his beaking off & shananigans get in the way of his production. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

I love it. 

[/QUOTE]

Hey I'm a freakin goalie...I'm used to that! lol