Marchand

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Marchand

Well, Wheats said he was the next one out the door.  Could he be right, or was yesterday's demotion just a wake up call?  Who would you like to see playing with Bergy and Loui?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Marchand

Smith did not look out of place at all yesterday. Brad looks to me like he is protecting an injury it seems. Right now Marchand can't win a battle along the boards to save his life. The pass he made right to the Blue Jacket at the blueline, i've never seen him make a mistake like that.

Marchand will make his way back up, he's too good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He looks lost out on the ice. I hope he starts playing better but it goes back to last seasons playoffs, he was dreadful then and it's carried right into this season. I hope he turns it around soon.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"...Wheats said he was the next one out the door...

I think 'Wheats' friend, 'Mr Credibility' is the next one out the door.

C'mon. Hockey is a fluid game. It's not golf. Marchand was demoted - for two errant and irresonsible own-zone passes - as an example. He will be better - that's how real players (unlike Seguin) respond to such things.

Lucic makes one or two of his blind backhand passes every game - when's he out the door?

Marchand is not going anywhere.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to gord11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

C'mon. Hockey is a fluid game. It's not golf. Marchand was demoted - for two errant and irresonsible own-zone passes - as an example. He will be better - that's how real players (unlike Seguin) respond to such things.

Lucic makes one or two of his blind backhand passes every game - when's he out the door?

[/QUOTE]

He did against the Jackets as well. Wake up call for the Honey Badger, nothing more.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

And by saying that about Lucic, I am not implying that he is next 'out the door'. Like Marchand, he brings too much else.

It's a game of mistakes and recoveries. Bad shifts are erased by good ones. Bad stuff/habits/tendencies that are 'in the wood', systemic, get you traded. Marchand, at his core, is a very good hockey player and an even better Bruin.

Everybody knows this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to gord11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

For the right player, he's tradeable IMO.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Trying to do too much. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

When you get rid of Seguin and Peverly in the same offseason, you might expect to notice less speed on this team.  I think it's an issue.  It's part of the reason I wanted to B's to try for Mason Raymond (cap issues understood...).  

The B's are suddenly kind of slow.  I sometimes see a 40-second patchwork of 10 passes to get from behind their own net, up the ice, and into the O zone.  I hate watching other teams skate it up the ice and into the zone in a blaze of speed.

I think guys like Marchand and Krug are very important to the Bruins because they have the speed and skating ability to carry the puck, fast break, and put D-men on their heels.  For all of the greatness we see in Lucic, Bergeron, Krejci, and Iginla, they don't have that.

Marchand is a very important piece, I think.  Speed is needed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

If he were to go on 10-game scoring droughts, I could see him being shipped out... but he's fun to watch!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Marchand is doing his thing, but has been slower to adjust this year. screwing with the existing third line, in any way, shows Claude's weakness in decision making. Claude needs to let a change roll around for a while rather than during a fast game. Many of the other NHL teams have upgraded their speed which can cause problems for the bruins slower D men like Chara, Boychuck, and even Seidenberg. That hits at Claude's core defense, so a bit more thinking before changing the top lines. There's no need to think any longer about replacing Thornton.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I thought outside a few games he was invisible in the playoffs.  I could see him getting dealt.  Th more i hear about this arrogant little terd the less i like him.  In these parts he is very much disliked.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

shupe, he led the team in scoring last year.  Do you really think that, just because he had one underwhelming playoff and, apparently, he has some maturity/personality issues...do you really think they'd give up on him and deal him?  C'mon, you're smarter than that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

shupe, he led the team in scoring last year.  Do you really think that, just because he had one underwhelming playoff and, apparently, he has some maturity/personality issues...do you really think they'd give up on him and deal him?  C'mon, you're smarter than that.

[/QUOTE]

I could see it happening.  Yes i could.  These types of players eventually wear their welcome out.  Do you think hes a bruin for life?   

His personal mature issues are very high and well known.  Hes a snug idiot who gives nothing back off the ice.  if the bruins are built on class individuals they are missing the boat with this clown.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Marchand is doing his thing, but has been slower to adjust this year. screwing with the existing third line, in any way, shows Claude's weakness in decision making. Claude needs to let a change roll around for a while rather than during a fast game. Many of the other NHL teams have upgraded their speed which can cause problems for the bruins slower D men like Chara, Boychuck, and even Seidenberg. That hits at Claude's core defense, so a bit more thinking before changing the top lines. There's no need to think any longer about replacing Thornton.

[/QUOTE]

I challenge you not to mention Claude's name in your next 5 posts.  Come on, you can do it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

shupe, what your deal?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

shupe, what your deal?

[/QUOTE]

Habs fan, obviously.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I could see it happening.  Yes i could.  These types of players eventually wear their welcome out.  Do you think hes a bruin for life?   

His personal mature issues are very high and well known.  Hes a snug idiot who gives nothing back off the ice.  if the bruins are built on class individuals they are missing the boat with this clown.  

[/QUOTE]

Speaking of clowns...this unsubstantiated nonsense is so cliche. Oh look...another New England sports fan ready to run their athletes out of town over nothing. Don't let facts get in the way of a good argument:

http://www.bradmarchand.com/charities

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/articles/1330860-marchand-s-charity-bunt

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/28/brad-marchand-had-his-hair-massacred-for-charity-today/

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2013/04/17/brad-marchand-bruins-extend-charitable-efforts-to-boston-marathon-bombing-victims/

For actual reporting on how Bs managment thinks and what's in Marchand's head, perhaps leave it to the pros:

http://espn.go.com/boston/nhl/story/_/id/9695405/boston-bruins-brad-marchand-matured-keep-agitating

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

What the hell? Run out of town? Why? Because he hasn't done much in the first 4 games of the season?

I'm pumped about this team. They've got tons of skill, are 3-1, have carried the play in just about every game, and have allowed only 4 goals with a goalie in net. The young guys (Smith, Caron, Krug, Hamilton, and Bartkowski) have all shown great strides.

I don't see an issue with their speed, personally. The first line may not be exciting on the rush, but Iginla is no slower than Horton. Eriksson will create more offense than Seguin, regardless of a lack of speed (compared to Seguin, anyway).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Speaking of clowns...this unsubstantiated nonsense is so cliche. Oh look...another New England sports fan ready to run their athletes out of town over nothing. Don't let facts get in the way of a good argument:

http://www.bradmarchand.com/charities

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/articles/1330860-marchand-s-charity-bunt

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/28/brad-marchand-had-his-hair-massacred-for-charity-today/

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2013/04/17/brad-marchand-bruins-extend-charitable-efforts-to-boston-marathon-bombing-victims/

For actual reporting on how Bs managment thinks and what's in Marchand's head, perhaps leave it to the pros:

http://espn.go.com/boston/nhl/story/_/id/9695405/boston-bruins-brad-marchand-matured-keep-agitating

[/QUOTE]

He lives in my subdivision.  Does absolutely nothing in his home area.  hes known to the police here.  People in his home town speak very badly of him.  He gives zippo of his time.   Meanwhile sid goes out privately without media attention and gives his time to the kids.  Goes out and skates for fun.  Great role model.  Brad on the other hand.  Does nothing.  Thanks for the facts though.  He classless.  Not once have i heard a positive spin on him.  i have heard numerous things in a negative fashion.  hes the same guy who smacked around a security guard after the cup win bc he thinks hes better then everyone.  Point blank.  Hes a tool. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I couldn't possibly argue as to how nice a guy Marchand is off the ice.  He seems like kind of a pr!ck.

But who cares, as long as he's not causing trouble for the team or getting arrested?

Shupe, you just provided the rationale that the Bruins shouldn't have given up on Seguin and should have 'worked with him'.  Lots of rumors about bad behavior there, and he is also known to the Boston police as a smug jerk, like your characterization of Marchand.  

I'm not running Seguin down at all, but I don't understand why you object to one young, talented player being a jerk off the ice, and not the other.  The difference, to me, comes down to one ice production.  Or, does the behavior affect the player's job?

Marchand was the Bruins leading scorer last year.  When it really counts, Marchand has turned in some excellent playoff performances (was bidding for SC MVP in 2011).  Seguin on the other hand has not progressed like he should, and rumors coming from inside and outside the locker room are not flattering.  He just finished a 22 game playoff run with one goal.

So, I'm not trying to tear down either player.  I think both are very good.  But you've got to apply some consistent logic in opposing the Seguin deal, but then supporting a Marchand deal.  I think on-ice performance needs to be the biggest factor, if we're agreeing that both guys have maturity issues.  Does it affect their play?  I think Marchand comes out ahead here.  And, with Seguin's pedigree he brought back a nice little bounty in a trade.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I think a player's personal character is of utmost importance to the Bruins brass.  With that said, guys might get a mulligan or two, but at the end of the day if a player continues to exhibit poor behavior off the ice, PC and Neely have no problem moving him.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I couldn't possibly argue as to how nice a guy Marchand is off the ice.  He seems like kind of a pr!ck.

But who cares, as long as he's not causing trouble for the team or getting arrested?

Shupe, you just provided the rationale that the Bruins shouldn't have given up on Seguin and should have 'worked with him'.  Lots of rumors about bad behavior there, and he is also known to the Boston police as a smug jerk, like your characterization of Marchand.  

I'm not running Seguin down at all, but I don't understand why you object to one young, talented player being a jerk off the ice, and not the other.  The difference, to me, comes down to one ice production.  Or, does the behavior affect the player's job?

Marchand was the Bruins leading scorer last year.  When it really counts, Marchand has turned in some excellent playoff performances (was bidding for SC MVP in 2011).  Seguin on the other hand has not progressed like he should, and rumors coming from inside and outside the locker room are not flattering.  He just finished a 22 game playoff run with one goal.

So, I'm not trying to tear down either player.  I think both are very good.  But you've got to apply some consistent logic in opposing the Seguin deal, but then supporting a Marchand deal.  I think on-ice performance needs to be the biggest factor, if we're agreeing that both guys have maturity issues.  Does it affect their play?  I think Marchand comes out ahead here.  And, with Seguin's pedigree he brought back a nice little bounty in a trade.

[/QUOTE]

Seguin never assaulted anyone that got tossed under the carpet like brad.  Seguin may or may not have been yanked outta bars for different reasons but i know marchand has been.  My deal with marchand is that during the lockout i did not see him one time in the rink with other kids.  I did see him snub a few kids as he jumped into his ride and bolted.  Hes known in this area as a guy who thinks hes above everyone.  It dates back to junior.  I think he is a terrible role model.  They were worried that he wasnt going to get many people for his cup celebration here.  

I dont expect him to be on all the time during the offseason.  But hes probably the worst sports figure in NS in regards to giving back.  Hes a selfish little prk.  

Seguin is a scorer.  He sure didnt stink it up last year or the year before

16G 16a + 23 last year brad had 18-18

29 38 + 34 the year prior.  Outscored brad

for me i see what seguin did. I don't think its any worse then what brad has done.   Brad was his running mate in most of those late nights if im a betting man.   

Its the reason i say i could see him being dealt.  Yet people like you are defending him in the same light i defended seguin.  I dont know what seguin does to give back bc i dont see it.  I get a front seat view here.  And for me if i can give up 4 hrs on saturdays and sundays after working shift work why cant he.   My opinion of crosby as much as i cant stand some of his on ice stuff is that he is a god around here bc of what he does....bc he wants to not bc there is some chart.  Hes as classy as they come.  Sid practiced all summer with nathan and matt duchense.  Gave countless hrs to the kids.   never ever a bad story of him.  I would love to here just one good story about brad.  

I never was a big fan but respected how he changed his ways on the ice.  Thing is.  Hes an idiot in real life.  I dont think i can get past that.   

Im not saying i want him traded.  I think hes a darn good player and has improved to the point that i thought he was our mvp last year.   I could see him being dealt though and wouldnt care.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Well, obviously I can't comment about inside information and personal experiences.  Like I said, I could easily believe that Marchand is a bit of a D-b@g off the ice.  And on the ice.

But I don't know how much his D-b@g personality effects the product on the ice, and I think he's a pretty important piece for this team right now, 3rd line or not.

It's hard for me to get to far vested in who's a good guy and who isn't, since I have been disappointed by so many sports stars I once admired (Bonds, Armstrong, OJ, etc.).  

I work for a City suburb of Denver and once helped oversee a $100,000 donation from Denny Neagle towards a new baseball field complex for Little League kids.  We decided to name to park after him and watched him graciously cut the ribbon with his family.  Awesome guy.  Two weeks later he gets picked up in the ghetto with a $20 prostitute, doing meth and getting a BJ in his car.  Had to change the name of the park when it hit the press.  Being a moral judge of pro athletes gets too complicated for me.

I've stopped assuming that they are good guys unless it is unquestionably proven to be true.  So, I'm left to root for the Bruins and support the players who help the team, while putting very little interest in keeping a moral scorecard of who's signing autographs and acting cool off the ice.  I think I trust Neely and PC to figure that stuff out.