Market Capped for Kaberle at 4.5 million

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Re: Market Capped for Kaberle at 4.5 million

In Response to Re: Market Capped for Kaberle at 4.5 million:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Market Capped for Kaberle at 4.5 million : how do you say "Tomas it was nice knowing you" in Czechoslovakian?....
    Posted by days-of-Orr[/QUOTE]

Tomas, bylo potěšením.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Market Capped for Kaberle at 4.5 million : I assume most are high on him because he's not Kaberle.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]
    By this do you mean he's yet to win anything?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Market Capped for Kaberle at 4.5 million : He has an absolute rocket from the point and when he played the PP with Subban, whenever either of them had the puck, the Bruins were forced to respect the bomb. I also thought he played well defensively, was fairly gritty, and I think he can be moved down the line if we need to do that.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    Do you mean the guy that's been on 4 teams in the last 3 seasons while never surpassing 30 points? Or the guy who played 6 games in the post-season while posting 2 points and a -3 rating? Oh yeah..........it's the same guy. Wyz has landed  23 shots in 18 playoff games. Is this supposed to be a major improvement on the 33 shots TK put on net in 25 games this post-season(while winning)? Anyone else notice Kaberle played around 18 minutes per game(finals)in Boston's 4 wins but only about 13 minutes per in the 3 losses?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

On to the next...

John Buccigross
    Islanders Trade Negotiating Rights for Ehrhoff to Buffalo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]On to the next... @Buccigross John Buccigross Islanders Trade Negotiating Rights for Ehrhoff to Buffalo
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

hilarious, this guy's not signing with anyone before Friday now that he's seen the interest he's getting....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Market Capped for Kaberle at 4.5 million : He has an absolute rocket from the point and when he played the PP with Subban, whenever either of them had the puck, the Bruins were forced to respect the bomb. I also thought he played well defensively, was fairly gritty, and I think he can be moved down the line if we need to do that.

Marc Andre Bergeron also has a rocket from the point that the Bruins had to respect when they played the Lightning. Don't care for him either . Like Wiz-news-ski he has bumped around from team to team the last few years. That's telling me something about these two, teams are having a hard time finding a good enough reason to hang onto them. Despite the positives with their play there must be more negatives to not keep them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Market Capped for Kaberle at 4.5 million : Do you mean the guy that's been on 4 teams in the last 3 seasons while never surpassing 30 points? Or the guy who played 6 games in the post-season while posting 2 points and a -3 rating?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

This is false and misleading. Not only did Wiz record 51 points this year (21 in 32 games with NYI and 30 in 43 with MTL), but he was basically a 0.5PPG player in the two years before that during which he recorded 30 points or was close to it in 70 games or less. Also, how can you really criticize a guy who was just under that pace of production against the best team, defense, and goaltending in the world and off of a sample size of 6. He's also a pretty tough guy -- reliable shot blocker, willing to drop the gloves (fought Hnidy game 2), and played about 23.5 minutes a game for the Habs injured.

Not saying we should blow our load over this guy, but he is the type of player the Bruins need. Even MA Bergeron from back in the day would be that type of player. The PP still does suck and we already have 5 d-men who are completely capable of shutting it down while generally struggling to create offense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Market Capped for Kaberle at 4.5 million : That's telling me something about these two, teams are having a hard time finding a good enough reason to hang onto them. Despite the positives with their play there must be more negatives to not keep them.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Cory Stillman, Marian Hossa, Dominic Moore, Dennis Seidenberg, dare I say Raffi Torres, and a bunch of other guys are moved around from team to team for a variety of reasons that have nothing to do with the player's play.

Wiz was traded from CHI after the ridiculous Campbell signing and in return for Sammy Pahlson, who was lights out for the Ducks in their Cup run. His rights were traded a year (or two?) later by Anaheim when they figured they couldn't sign him. Then Montreal targetted him when their defense was crumbling at the beginning of last year and they needed a reliable fill-in. The deal to Columbus the other day was the same as the Anahaim to NYI deal -- get something for nothing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Market Capped for Kaberle at 4.5 million : Cory Stillman, Marian Hossa, Dominic Moore, Dennis Seidenberg, dare I say Raffi Torres, and a bunch of other guys are moved around from team to team for a variety of reasons that have nothing to do with the player's play. Wiz was traded from CHI after the ridiculous Campbell signing and in return for Sammy Pahlson, who was lights out for the Ducks in their Cup run. His rights were traded a year (or two?) later by Anaheim when they figured they couldn't sign him. Then Montreal targetted him when their defense was crumbling at the beginning of last year and they needed a reliable fill-in. The deal to Columbus the other day was the same as the Anahaim to NYI deal -- get something for nothing.

dc, looks to me like a bunch of different reasons ^^^^why he wasn't good enough to keep for those teams. If he was that good a team finds a way to make room for him.

Just curious, who would you slot him ahead of on the B's backend ? Remember he will be demanding big bucks as a UFA. I don't think he cracks top 4 and I hope PC doesn't waste that kind of cap space on a 5-6 defenceman. I'd be happier if he promoted a cheaper younger talent from Providence, at least to start the season.

I think we both agree to disagree with the value of wiz. btw excellent posting .

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Market Capped for Kaberle at 4.5 million : This is false and misleading. Not only did Wiz record 51 points this year (21 in 32 games with NYI and 30 in 43 with MTL), but he was basically a 0.5PPG player in the two years before that during which he recorded 30 points or was close to it in 70 games or less. Also, how can you really criticize a guy who was just under that pace of production against the best team, defense, and goaltending in the world and off of a sample size of 6. He's also a pretty tough guy -- reliable shot blocker, willing to drop the gloves (fought Hnidy game 2), and played about 23.5 minutes a game for the Habs injured. Not saying we should blow our load over this guy, but he is the type of player the Bruins need. Even MA Bergeron from back in the day would be that type of player. The PP still does suck and we already have 5 d-men who are completely capable of shutting it down while generally struggling to create offense.
    It would've been quicker to just say "you are a liar". Sorry to confuse as I honestly misread the stats. It's easily missed as he's played for so many teams in the past 4 years. Regarding his playoff numbers, the fact he's played in so few games is rather telling. He's obviously not doing a whole lot to put the teams he's moved to over the top. He's played 18 playoff games since 05-06 and has 5 points and is -3. I'm sorry DC but I just don't get the appeal in this guy. He actually reminded me a lot of Wideman(before you start in remember I was 1 of the few Wideman supporters). I don't hate the guy but I also don't see anything special. Anything over 3 is too much for him but he'll likely get much higher.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I agree DC, I did not go back and watch film of Wizniewski's career, I am essentially enamored with what I saw after the Habs traded for him.  I thought he was clearly a capable number two guy who could play in any situation.  Maybe that is not the norm for him, but it is what I saw in a small sample. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Market Capped for Kaberle at 4.5 million:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Market Capped for Kaberle at 4.5 million : hilarious, this guy's not signing with anyone before Friday now that he's seen the interest he's getting....
    Posted by days-of-Orr[/QUOTE]

Seriously "why would he ?" is right. Markov should get a big hug n kiss from Wiz now. Perfect scenario for James cap goes up and the Shabs break the bank again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Dez, I don't think you're a liar, so I wouldn't say that.

Chowdah, you're also right, I don't know if the money he is inevitably going to get fits his place on the depth chart -- in fact, I will bet he's going to get a ridiculous deal and so it can't be justified for Boston, but I still like the player. The B's are very solid and at any given time Boychuk, Ference, or Seidenberg is capable of being the number 2 guy.

I think the strongest reason for (and actually against, based on what he'll get paid) getting Wiz is that he is a lot like Boychuk.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez, I don't think you're a liar, so I wouldn't say that. Chowdah, you're also right, I don't know if the money he is inevitably going to get fits his place on the depth chart -- in fact, I will bet he's going to get a ridiculous deal and so it can't be justified for Boston, but I still like the player. The B's are very solid and at any given time Boychuk, Ference, or Seidenberg is capable of being the number 2 guy. I think the strongest reason for (and actually against, based on what he'll get paid) getting Wiz is that he is a lot like Boychuk.
    DC, I'm just giving you the business. You're an awesome poster who, if anything, is overly respectful of others. You're all right in my book.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]Dez, I don't think you're a liar, so I wouldn't say that. Chowdah, you're also right, I don't know if the money he is inevitably going to get fits his place on the depth chart -- in fact, I will bet he's going to get a ridiculous deal and so it can't be justified for Boston, but I still like the player. The B's are very solid and at any given time Boychuk, Ference, or Seidenberg is capable of being the number 2 guy. I think the strongest reason for (and actually against, based on what he'll get paid) getting Wiz is that he is a lot like Boychuk.
    Seidenberg proved he is capable of being a no.2 guy[perhaps no.1 on a team without Chara],his play was almost as good as    Chara' s .He was outstanding all year.However I don't think Ference and particularly Boychuck are legitimite no.2 D .I think Kampfer has a shot at replacing Boychuck [maybe midway through next year] on the backend. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Market Capped for Kaberle at 4.5 million : Seidenberg proved he is capable of being a no.2 guy[perhaps no.1 on a team without Chara],his play was almost as good as    Chara' s .He was outstanding all year.However I don't think Ference and particularly Boychuck are legitimite no.2 D .I think Kampfer has a shot at replacing Boychuck [maybe midway through next year] on the backend. 
    Posted by DallasSmith[/QUOTE]
    I agree with your entire post Dallas. It happens sometimes.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Market Capped for Kaberle at 4.5 million : I agree with your entire post Dallas. It happens sometimes.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    I was drunk when I posted it Laughing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Market Capped for Kaberle at 4.5 million : Seidenberg proved he is capable of being a no.2 guy[perhaps no.1 on a team without Chara],his play was almost as good as    Chara' s .He was outstanding all year.However I don't think Ference and particularly Boychuck are legitimite no.2 D .I think Kampfer has a shot at replacing Boychuck [maybe midway through next year] on the backend. 

I'd go as far as to say that Seidenberg was our top D-man against TB and Vancouver. He was absolutely amazing in the playoffs. Cannot be overstated at all.

Boychuk has shown that from time to time he's capable of logging big minutes, being physical, and even producing. He plays well with Chara, so that's technically a number 2 guy. That said, he hasn't shown he can play at that level consistently.

Ference somehow is just solid (no more, no less) for this team regardless of what he's asked to do. Don't expect any flash whatsoever, but regardless of the situation, the goal usually gets accomplished with him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Market Capped for Kaberle at 4.5 million : I was drunk when I posted it .
    I knew something was up............,

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Kampfer has the offensive pop and scored a few goals right after being called up last year.  Then he went more conservative....maybe the coaches told him to tone down the rushing.  But he still has that high speed and killer instinct.  

He made some rookie mistakes, sure.  To be expected.  D mistakes are much more glaring than O mistakes.  So he lost his slot on the team.

But he has a lot of potential.  With a chance, he could become a Rafalski or Zubov type.  Now that Kaberle seems gone (yea!), let him fight for that slot.  He may surprise us all this coming year.  He has the right stuff.