Mccabe/Phillips/Kabs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Mccabe/Phillips/Kabs

Would a guy like this be enough of a move at the deadline?  Would that give b's fans the confidence to see this team move into elite status?  I just have a hard time seeing how we pull off the richards/parise type of deal mid season.  I duno, while mccabe is a good player, I'm not fired up by these guys, maybe kaberle.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Mccabe/Phillips/Kabs

bbbf,

its a starting point.  Phillips would be my choice if our PP didnt stink so bad.  I think we could get Phillips for a 2nd round and Stuart.  But may have to look at Kaberle b/c we need a PP guy.

I think we need a #2 dman. 
    I think we need a scoring fwd that can make a difference to the top line. 
    Penner is my guy for that.

I think we need a 3rd line center.  Belanger or Frans N are my choices there. 

Adding Penner pushes Horton to the 3rd line.  Which instantly gives us a nice 3rd line as well.
    Krejci/Lucic/Penner
    Bergie/Rex/Marchand
    Belanger/Horton/Ryder
    Campy/Thorton/Seguin

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

How much of an upgrade is Phillips over Stuart?

McCabe is terrible. 

All reports from Toronto fans suggest that Kaberle would drive us crazy.  I don't like to put that much stock in that, but remember what we told Toronto fans about Kessel?  There has to be some merit there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Phillips wouldn't help us one bit

McCabe is awful

Kaberle would be ok, if the price isn't too high

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

What about Eric Brewer? Any word on him..not sure if the Blues are wanting to move him but we have traded with them in the past.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

golden,

I think Brewer would be an excellent choice. 

Kaberle has played much better of late and is in a terrible situation.  He has the ability to move the puck and most important be a PP QB.  We don't have that.  He would be a much needed upgrade.

Phillips is better than anyone not named Chara on our backend.  Phillips kills penalties, would play second PP unit and in the right situation would do very well.  He is a very good shut down guy.  He is having a bad year.  But he is and would be much more than Stuart who has been a scratch and never plays PP. 

MCCabe who I am not a fan of is a leader in Florida, plays the PP, my fear is his own end and 5 on 5 so I likely pass on him.  Kaberle is a better option.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

This year, id take Seidenberg or Ference over Phillips...he's been awful

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Just read an article on ESPn that a Kaberle to the Habs deal may be coming.  So i ask how would that move make everyone feel.  Would you rather him go there or be apart of this team??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I think that if there isn't a bonafide power play type defenceman available, the Bruins will look at upgrading up front. I still think the Bruins will make a deal with the Oilers, who's fans now are looking for blood and want change. The Oilers and Bruins have a history of making deals as well.

Question : Who amoungst them is a bonafide powerplay guy ?  eric brewer ?   kaberle ?  mccabe ? phillips ? ...we will find out. PS : i'm still hoping they look at acouple of the canucks Dmen that are UFA this year, biesksa or ehrhoff. just my thought.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In Response to Re: Mccabe/Phillips/Kabs:
    [QUOTE]What about Eric Brewer? Any word on him..not sure if the Blues are wanting to move him but we have traded with them in the past.....
    Posted by golden9x2[/QUOTE]
    I posted  in another thread that the Bs were scouting the blues and (?) forget who, game and it was suggested brewer minght be the Bs target.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

stuke,

you can cancel the canucks off the list.  They have been riddled with injuries and Rome is getting mega minutes. 

Kray

I know Phillips is having a bad year.  But he would still be our 2nd best dman.  His experience alone gives him a nod on top of his overall resume.  He would be like adding Ward.  A Ward that can play the PP. 
    I will say this.  Pretend Chara gets hurt.  Is our defense a top notch unit that contain elite players?  It is scarey bad minus the Big Z. 

We need an upgrade. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mccabe/Phillips/Kabs : I posted  in another thread that the Bs were scouting the blues and (?) forget who, game and it was suggested brewer minght be the Bs target.
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]

I also read that they were not overly happy with Halak at the moment. I would be intrigued with a big combo deal like Halak & Johnson for Rask,Wheeler, our #1 pick and prospect.

Going into the playoffs with a proven winner + Vezina candidate has got to scare the bejeses out of opponents.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

bridge.

Please rethink your post.  Wheeler/Rask and our #1. 
    Rask is a backup.  Wheeler is a 3rd liner and our #1 pick will be near the end of the draft. 
    Halak is a very good young goalie under contract as a #1.  And Johnson is a #1 overall pick.  If you add Lucic and Toronto's #1 they may bite.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

[QUOTE]  If you add Lucic and Toronto's #1 they may bite.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Johnson has not played as well this year but still has tons of potential. I would throw in Toronto's pick AND either Stuart or Boychuck.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

why do we want Halak?  he doesnt address our most pressing need.  Johnson is gonna be hard to get.

I would rather we look at Backes and Brewer if we are gonna play blockbuster trade gm. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

[QUOTE]why do we want Halak?  he doesnt address our most pressing need.  Johnson is gonna be hard to get. I would rather we look at Backes and Brewer if we are gonna play blockbuster trade gm. 

Because Rask is playing like @ss and if Timmy goes down we are as good as "1 and done".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

You can't dress two goalies.  And if we are playing the what if game I would rather what if Chara goes down or Bergie goes down.  If Chara goes down I don't care if we have a board across the net we are gonna lose. 

Rask is a backup.  Most teams would love to have Rask as a starter. 

We need a lot more than a high priced backup goalie.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Your right shuperman...riddled and i think salo went down again..surprize ?  i don't know who the heck is out there that would help our PP. I guess we will find out some time soon..I'm sure PC isn't happy with it either. I'm pretty sure Recchi on the point is not the answer. Could I be wrong ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

I love Recchi but not on the point.  He's too slow at retrieving and carrying the puck out of the d-zone.  Everyone seems to slow down and there appears to be little momentum as they approach the other teams blueline.  I also notice he struggles at straddling the offensive blueline and creating his own space.  He's better off in front of the net.

Within the roster, Bergeron is the better option to rush the puck but he's not ideal either.  Kampfer was showing promise but it might be too much to ask of him in his rookie season.

I think Kaberle is the best option of the 3 D mentioned.  Aside from his offensive skills, I think Kabby could experience a sense of rejunination playing on a team with playoff aspirations.  Pair him with Chara and you have a great puck possession duo.  His PP skills far outweigh his Dzone limitations IMO.  With CJ's system and playing with a guy like Chara, I don't think we'll see the same dzone limited Kabby that currently exists in T.O.

Boston's 1st in 2011 and a one of Colborne or Caron for Kabby.  Sure it is a rental for the time being.  But if Kabby still wants to play in the NHL, why not Boston after this season?  Some deals are made for the short term and considering all the picks and prospects in the B's stable, now is the time for some short term thinking.     

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]I love Recchi but not on the point.  He's too slow at retrieving and carrying the puck out of the d-zone.  Everyone seems to slow down and there appears to be little momentum as they approach the other teams blueline.  I also notice he struggles at straddling the offensive blueline and creating his own space.  He's better off in front of the net. Within the roster, Bergeron is the better option to rush the puck but he's not ideal either.  Kampfer was showing promise but it might be too much to ask of him in his rookie season. I think Kaberle is the best option of the 3 D mentioned.  Aside from his offensive skills, I think Kabby could experience a sense of rejunination playing on a team with playoff aspirations.  Pair him with Chara and you have a great puck possession duo.  His PP skills far outweigh his Dzone limitations IMO.  With CJ's system and playing with a guy like Chara, I don't think we'll see the same dzone limited Kabby that currently exists in T.O. Boston's 1st in 2011 and a one of Colborne or Caron for Kabby.  Sure it is a rental for the time being.  But if Kabby still wants to play in the NHL, why not Boston after this season?  Some deals are made for the short term and considering all the picks and prospects in the B's stable, now is the time for some short term thinking.     
    Posted by misterpaulo[/QUOTE]

Excellent thinking as much as I would love to see a scoring forward over a PP defenseman, Kaberle is a better catch without costing the Bs valuable picks. Reality sucks though, Burke would ask for more like #1 picks past and future. To complete the thread thinking, McCabe is not the answer, and Phillips is a good defensive defenseman (we got those).  

Now back to a forward, unless a deal can be made for a player like Richards then all is off on trade choices.  PC will be the smarter to wait and trade during the summer when he can improve the team without dismantling future draft picks.  In other words, if it is no Richards (like or kind) then no trade according to PC.  The Veersteg trade speaks volumes.  

Believe me it hurts to realize this but it more than likely is what is to be.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]why do we want Halak?  he doesnt address our most pressing need.  Johnson is gonna be hard to get. I would rather we look at Backes and Brewer if we are gonna play blockbuster trade gm. 
    I would love Backes and Brewer here. Backes and Campbell fighting everyone and losing most times.(I'm being serious though I really like him). Backes is a tough as nails type guy. Don't think the Blues would be willing to move Backes unless they were getting a legit return.