McKenzie: Toews and Kane can easily justify asking for over 12 million per season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

McKenzie: Toews and Kane can easily justify asking for over 12 million per season

They can begin negotiating this summer, and McKenzie thinks on long term deals they can justify doubling their compensation....that's a little much. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Re: McKenzie: Toews and Kane can easily justify asking for over 12 million per season

With contracts to Hossa, Sharp, Crawford, Keith already in place, there won't be much left for the supporting cast. Still a very good team. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: McKenzie: Toews and Kane can easily justify asking for over 12 million per season

The cap is going to keep going up and the Hawks do draft well with putting low salary, hard nosed players were they need the them. Bowman will have to front load both contracts so it will be tough. Not sure it will take $12M a piece though. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

be honest with us rusty, do you have aspergers? 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I know the cap is going up, but thats too much. The two of them are not worth 3.3 million more than Crosby and I don't care when he signed it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

If Toews asks for $12M, I think he might just get it.  I don't know about Kane though.  The Blackhawks could end up in a tough spot if he really wants that much.  Trade him, or keep him for one last playoff run?  They may get something if they keep him and trade his negotiating rights before July 1st, but I doubt it would be a significant return.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know the cap is going up, but thats too much. The two of them are not worth 3.3 million more than Crosby and I don't care when he signed it.

[/QUOTE]

That's what I am saying. So, you could deal the less safe player which is Kane. Kane is better, IMO, but Toews is the captain and the more mature, complete player.

This is the classic cap conundrum; you have great young players at once, and when it comes to pay, you can either pay ahead and hope they take it, or you get a good deal with value back, fearing not being able to sign them BOTH.

It sounds dumb, but if you start quietly announcing "I may have to deal Kane or Toews", you have the leverage at the end of the day.

Take advantage of it and just keep going. It's what Ken Holland did a good job with for so long, except pre cap era, he didn't have to trade. He just walked from the player and promoted someone else.

[/QUOTE]

kane is better than toews? seriously...do you have a disability we should know about?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The initial couple of years may be tough, but if the deals are seven years each, I think it's okay.  Five years into it, they will be 32 years old.  If the cap continues to go up and knowing that inflation in general exists, a 32 year old Toews may be a decent bargain at $12M. 

Remember how crazy Kessel's $5.4M deal seems to us a few years ago?  What a deal today!

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The initial couple of years may be tough, but if the deals are seven years each, I think it's okay.  Five years into it, they will be 32 years old.  If the cap continues to go up and knowing that inflation in general exists, a 32 year old Toews may be a decent bargain at $12M. 

Remember how crazy Kessel's $5.4M deal seems to us a few years ago?  What a deal today!

[/QUOTE]

What are the cap hikes and years in the CBA?  

[/QUOTE]

let me introduce you to this awesome website called google. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do you have the internet?  If you do, you can find this information there.

Google.com is a new and useful site.  See, you type what you're looking for into the text box and then click "Google Search".  You'll get a bunch of different web links that you can click on that may help you in your research.

Let me know how that works for you.  If you can't get that to work properly, try this other one.  It's Yahoo.com and it is also a text based web page.  They call these "search engines".

Welcome to the world wide web!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's what I am saying. So, you could deal the less safe player which is Kane. Kane is better, IMO, but Toews is the captain and the more mature, complete player.

This is the classic cap conundrum; you have great young players at once, and when it comes to pay, you can either pay ahead and hope they take it, or you get a good deal with value back, fearing not being able to sign them BOTH.

It sounds dumb, but if you start quietly announcing "I may have to deal Kane or Toews", you have the leverage at the end of the day.

Take advantage of it and just keep going. It's what Ken Holland did a good job with for so long, except pre cap era, he didn't have to trade. He just walked from the player and promoted someone else.

[/QUOTE]

kane is better than toews? seriously...do you have a disability we should know about?

[/QUOTE]

Ugh. The stupidity continues. Did I not say the "less safe" player is Kane? Yes, I did.  Kane is clearly the more lethal player, which means he;s worth more.  Jesus.

The stupidity is intolerable.

DO you have a learning disability? If so, I apologize.  

You trade the more attractive player and keep the one a miniscule notch down who is the Captain and safer choice.

[/QUOTE]

you edited the post. you originally said that you thought kane was the better player. toews is better than kane across the board btw 

update: this is the edit i'm writing on this post you brain dead moron. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i suggest you read my previous comment. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:[QUOTE] If Toews asks for $12M, I think he might just get it.  I don't know about Kane though.  The Blackhawks could end up in a tough spot if he really wants that much.  Trade him, or keep him for one last playoff run?  They may get something if they keep him and trade his negotiating rights before July 1st, but I doubt it would be a significant return. [/QUOTE]

Agree I think Toews could get what he asked for but not Kane. I don't know if I could trade Kane, that would have me tossing n turning if I were Bowman. In the end, though, it might have to be considered.

Buffalo would break the bank for Kane.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do you have the internet?  If you do, you can find this information there.

Google.com is a new and useful site.  See, you type what you're looking for into the text box and then click "Google Search".  You'll get a bunch of different web links that you can click on that may help you in your research.

Let me know how that works for you.  If you can't get that to work properly, try this other one.  It's Yahoo.com and it is also a text based web page.  They call these "search engines".

Welcome to the world wide web!

[/QUOTE]

The numbers aren't final in most CBAs. They might be somewhat close or speculated on what they might be, Handy.  So, Googling anything now means nothing. It matters what the numbers are.

Christ, you are so dumb. When you lock out, that means you have leverage. Barring Jacobs and Bettman being dumb, which they obviously are not, it means they left themselves some room.

The CBA is contingent upon on overall revenue and ratings. I could are less what Google says today, Handy. Why not buy that industrial jar of Vaseline you always wanted for Christmas?

You are so dumb it's hilarious.

[/QUOTE]

he's so much smarter than you it's silly. but you know everything right? like how you can't edit posts even though you can? and how gorton wasn't the GM of the bruins even though he was? god you are so bad at everything. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't care about how awful these boards have become and doing sneaky editing.  l liked the old way when it was better and less trolls were allowed. I am thrilled you think it means something. lmao

Could you be any more insecure?

This is a paradise for frauds like you and NAS, but you enjoy.   

[/QUOTE]

i have a question: does it not bother you that everyone universally hates you? that is all. 

25. This post has been removed.