McQuaid

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

McQuaid

I hope they keep him in the lineup once Boychuck returns....

Although he's looked a little tenuous in his 3 fights this year, and flopping around like a puppy whose legs are growing too fast, he seems to be building confidence with the extra ice time he gets...

Didn't seem to have balance problems last year when he was up, although
    all of his fights then were with guys his own height.... I hope they keep him in.

Go Wolfie !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhanlon156. Show bhanlon156's posts

Re: McQuaid

I think they need to put him in the cafeteria for 6 months and then the gym for 6 months and bring him back next season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

So you want to keep him in the lineup over JB because you think his fighting is getting better?

Sorry I would rather JB's slap shot then McQuaid's fists.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I like McQuaid, good kid, and I think we all appreciate his willingness to drop 'em so Chara and Stuart don't have to.  But c'mon, Boychuk is a much better player and should be back in the lineup as soon as he is ready.

Not to fear, I'm sure there will be more injuries to the top six D-men, and McQuaid will get his chances this season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

why not sit Hundwick instead of McQuaid?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

sit JB ? hardly !! I was thinking Hunwick ....

and ya, he needs to add a few pounds and look into that thing called the squat rack at the gym

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

McQuaid was a steal for just a 5th rounder.  That is one of PC's good trades that has kind of gone under the radar a bit.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

McQuaid should stay and Hunwick should sit ....McQuaid is a much better D and so much more physical

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

I like McQuaid, but Hunwick is the most mobile defenseman the Bruins have. McQuaid playing and Hunwick sitting makes the defense into the Maginot Line.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

I have to disagree with the people saying he looks nervous or however you want to put it in fights. Whenever I see his face it looks more focused than nervous, and he can certainly hold his own from everything I have seen from him thus far.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

ya, I'm endorsing the guy !! he just looks a little tentative when he starts off relative to last year ...

the kid is mean and has endurance - once he outlasts a few guys in his fights ( " All day McQuaid " ), he'll have quite a few more supporters on here.

Looks like Dunnie gets his wish, tho, per Fluto:

" If Boychuk plays, Adam McQuaid could be the healthy scratch. McQuaid, however, made a big-time contribution on Monday when he fought Rod Pelley in a spirited scrap..."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

I am a supporter of his, but again it sounds like you are more enamoured with his fighting then his hockey. His hockey still needs work...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Get rid of Ference! Get some young blood into the lineup and remedy the cap situation. Admittedly, we'd be light on D, but we can address that at the deadline.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: McQuaid:
    [QUOTE]ya, I'm endorsing the guy !! he just looks a little tentative when he starts off relative to last year ... the kid is mean and has endurance - once he outlasts a few guys in his fights ( " All day McQuaid " ), he'll have quite a few more supporters on here. Looks like Dunnie gets his wish, tho, per Fluto: " If Boychuk plays, Adam McQuaid could be the healthy scratch. McQuaid, however, made a big-time contribution on Monday when he fought Rod Pelley in a spirited scrap..."
    Posted by Griswal65[/QUOTE]

To clarify, it's not my "wish." I like McQuaid. He needs to get better. Hopefully he will. It's nice that he's a good fighter, but that's not all there is to playing defense.

And to clarify further, I'm not a "his," just fyi.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I know this is not going to be popular but I would sit Stuart and play McQuaid.  Stuart may learn some offence by watching a few games from the press box.  The only thing Stuart has over McQuaid is experience, I am certain once McQuaid gets more experience he will be the better defenceman.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]I know this is not going to be popular but I would sit Stuart and play McQuaid.  Stuart may learn some offence by watching a few games from the press box.  The only thing Stuart has over McQuaid is experience, I am certain once McQuaid gets more experience he will be the better defenceman.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

Stuart went through a rough stretch but he played a tremendous game Monday (and was the well-deserved #3 star). Now is not the time to sit him. Offensively, he and McQuaid are pretty much equal, though IMHO Stuart has a better shot.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

McQuaid will sit because Julien prefers experience on the blueline.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

well, it's my wish he plays tonite against a very physical, and goony, Rags team....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rdb3131. Show Rdb3131's posts

I think the Bruins should keep McQuaid and trade Stuart (I am a huge Stuart fan) However we need some cap space and McQuaid and Stuart are stay home defensemen. Stuart as value.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

IMO you do not sit Stuart to play McQuaid. The Rangers have decided to use Boogard, Avery and Prust to stir the pot. I'd keep Stuart, McQuaid for any necessary rough stuff; use Hunwick to move the puck and sit Ference even though he hasn't backed away at all but just due to size. I don't think Julien will do this, but it is my perspective.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]IMO you do not sit Stuart to play McQuaid. The Rangers have decided to use Boogard, Avery and Prust to stir the pot. I'd keep Stuart, McQuaid for any necessary rough stuff; use Hunwick to move the puck and sit Ference even though he hasn't backed away at all but just due to size. I don't think Julien will do this, but it is my perspective.
    Posted by Bogie6[/QUOTE]

So you want to sit a player that is tied for the + lead on the team.  Ference is better than all of Stuart, Hunwick and McQuaid.  No way he should sit.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I've said this once recently and I'll say it again - Hunwick has been one of their better defensemen over the last couple of weeks.  He's been winning battles all over the ice.  Several times had to ask "who's that?" when I saw a Bruin D pile into someone, take the puck, and skate away recently.  It was Hunwick each time.  I was ready to drive the trade Hunwick bandwagon, so I'm happy to defend him now. He's earning his keep.  Hey...isn't this a contract year for Matty?

Honestly, I think Ference is the odd man out, and I won't be surprised if he's dealt.  He's a bigger cap hit than Stuart, he is, as OTB mentions, tied for +/- lead, and he's that ever-valuable commodity - veteran defenseman with a manageable contract.  McQuaid doesn't even have to be better than Ference, just good enough to prove he can play the #6 role and not hurt the team.