Michigan State's Krug agrees to deal with Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Michigan State's Krug agrees to deal with Bruins

http://blogs.providencejournal.com/sports/bruins/2012/03/michigan-states-krug-agrees-to-deal-with-bruins.html

Undersized but he can skate

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Michigan State's Krug agrees to deal with Bruins

Kampfer clone ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Haven't seen much of him, but from what I have, he looks to have solid positioning, a good first pass, and is solid from the point. That your take San?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'm excited by this.  I was under the impression that the whole league came calling for this guy and that Detroit was the favorites.  I'm glad that the Bruins landed this guy, sounds to me like the Bruins are better negotiators than the rest of the league.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Hang on a second.  The Bruins press release says he's going to report to Boston, not Providence, and wouldn't be eligible to play in the post season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Michigan State's Krug agrees to deal with Bruins:
    [QUOTE]Kampfer clone ?
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

Hope not, I think Minnesota should try converting Kampfer to forward.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

He is "petit " 5'9 ... hope he can get away from big hits. 
    I always thought Ryan Ellis was small for the NHL and he's 5'10.  Kampfer was 5'11.
    I cannot comment on his play, I've never seen him play.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Same size/shot as Warsofsky.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

All of a sudden Providence sounds like a lot more interesting place to see a hockey game with Florek and Trotman signed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michigan State's Krug agrees to deal with Bruins : LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL You're such a fraud.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

How the hell does that question make me a fraud? I've seen him play twice, and from what I can recall that's what his game looked like to me. But As I said, I have not seen him play much, so I asked San to tell me if I was wrong or not.

Get over yourself already NAS.

Also, on another note, with WM and Maine out, I hope PC is pursuing Abbott and Dekeyser

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I'm excited by this.  I was under the impression that the whole league came calling for this guy and that Detroit was the favorites.  I'm glad that the Bruins landed this guy, sounds to me like the Bruins are better negotiators than the rest of the league.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Last night on HNIC Freidman was talking about an un-drafted NCAA player, I don't think it was Krug ,  or was it ?
    If not anyone know ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michigan State's Krug agrees to deal with Bruins : How the hell does that question make me a fraud? I've seen him play twice, and from what I can recall that's what his game looked like to me. But As I said, I have not seen him play much, so I asked San to tell me if I was wrong or not. Get over yourself already NAS. Also, on another note, with WM and Maine out, I hope PC is pursuing Abbott and Dekeyser
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

They got one of the undrafted guys whose stocks went up in the tournament, getting another one would be miracle.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

After seeing two Michigan State games, you remember that an undrafted, unsigned, undersized defenseman has "solid positioning, a good first pass, and is solid from the point."

Such a fraud. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I just picked this up from the blog . Isn't he going to report to Providence ? and why would he not be able to dress for the playoffs ?
    Even un-drafted players signed after the trade deadline can't be added to playoff roster ?

Update: The Bruins announced early Sunday afternoon from their Boston office that Michigan State defenseman Torey Krug, signed to a contract on Saturday, will report directly to the varsity. He will be in Boston Tuesday morning and is eligible to play in NHL games only through the remainder of the regular season. He is small (5-feet-9), and wired for offense.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michigan State's Krug agrees to deal with Bruins : They got one of the undrafted guys whose stocks went up in the tournament, getting another one would be miracle.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

True enough, but I can dream. (PS didn't Pitts or Philly grab three players post tourey last year - recall reading something about that)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]After seeing two Michigan State games, you remember that an undrafted, unsigned, undersized defenseman has "solid positioning, a good first pass, and is solid from the point." Such a fraud. 

Yeah, cause in those two games I'm pretty sure he got three points, one off a an assist point shot and two assists out of transition. When I watch a game and someone makes a decent play to get the score I tend to at least vaguely recall it when the name comes up again. It's called watching hockey NAS, you should try it some time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]After seeing two Michigan State games, you remember that an undrafted, unsigned, undersized defenseman has "solid positioning, a good first pass, and is solid from the point." Such a fraud. 
    Well Nas, he is a Hobey Baker finalist. He was probably rather noticeable out there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

What is it with the women around here?  They just make stuff up.

I know I've had girlfriends who liked to hear themselves talk, but I have never heard of one who typed for the sake of seeing her words.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michigan State's Krug agrees to deal with Bruins : After seeing him make a couple of assisting passes, you recall his first passes and his positioning? F-r-a-u-d

Sigh, why do I bother even talking to Captain Grumpy?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]What is it with the women around here?  They just make stuff up. I know I've had girlfriends who liked to hear themselves talk, but I have never heard of one who typed for the sake of seeing her words.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Nobody believes you ever had a girlfriend.

Such a fraud.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michigan State's Krug agrees to deal with Bruins : LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Nobody believes you ever had a girlfriend. Such a fraud.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Good one, Crowls.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'm looking forward to seeing what this kid can do.  Compared to NHL defensemen, he's tiny.  I can't imagine him moving a big lug from the crease.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]I'm looking forward to seeing what this kid can do.  Compared to NHL defensemen, he's tiny.  I can't imagine him moving a big lug from the crease.

No idea how this kid will evolve, but there are the occassional undersized D who can make the transition. Rafalski comes to mind. Not comparing the two, just saying it is possible.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michigan State's Krug agrees to deal with Bruins : No idea how this kid will evolve, but there are the occassional undersized D who can make the transition. Rafalski comes to mind. Not comparing the two, just saying it is possible.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Dan Boyle, undersized and undrafted. Seems to have worked out nicely for him.

25. This post has been removed.