Mid-To-Early Season Coaching Changes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Mid-To-Early Season Coaching Changes

Must be the trend now. Dan Bylsma wins with the Pens a few years ago. This year, Hunter turns the Caps into a viable playoff team, completely changing their dynamic of offense first. Now the Kings are completely different due to Sutter. The Ducks didn't make the playoffs, but were one of the top 5 teams in the league points-wise from the time they made their coaching change. I don't know, it just shows you how competitively close all the teams are in the NHL. It's achieved true parity throughout the league, not just the 16 who make it. Only a few teams are not "Cup" worthy, usually due to no goaltending or lousy coaching/personnel. Was Toronto a horrible team? Or could they have pulled a Caps, especially had they had a Holtby waiting in the wings? The B's owned the Devils this year, but they also got man-handled badly by the supposedly terrible Canes. You wonder about the teams that didn't get in by a few points and then you think if some had, maybe some other teams are getting upset in the 1st or 2nd round. It's parity, no other way to explain it. Shows you that coaches do make a difference and I think Julien has been a very positive influence in the way the B's went from the O'Connell-Lewis era of just shaky play to a more defined style.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Mid-To-Early Season Coaching Changes

And i won't be naive in knowing that the remaining four teams have four outstanding goalies--Smith, Quick, Lundquist, and of course the great Brodeur (not dead yet).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: Mid-To-Early Season Coaching Changes:
    [QUOTE]And i won't be naive in knowing that the remaining four teams have four outstanding goalies--Smith, Quick, Lundquist, and of course the great Brodeur (not dead yet).
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Interesting though, that until this season, nobody would have included Smith in a discussion about "outstanding goalies".  Could Sean Burke really have made that much of a difference in Smith's play?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

[QUOTE]And i won't be naive in knowing that the remaining four teams have four outstanding goalies--Smith, Quick, Lundquist, and of course the great Brodeur (not dead yet).
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Imagine reading this post at the beginning of the year. It would be a pretty easy game of "one of these goalies is not like the others".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mid-To-Early Season Coaching Changes : Interesting though, that until this season, nobody would have included Smith in a discussion about "outstanding goalies".  Could Sean Burke really have made that much of a difference in Smith's play?
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]
    I don't know for sure. What Smith really needs to work on is being a better teammate. The guy's having the first great year of his career and he already feels comfortable throwing his mates under the bus. It makes me wonder if  that's partly why he's on his 3rd team in 5 years. Maybe he should call Bryzgalov and ask him how much easier it is to perform putside of the huge spotlight in Phoenix.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/16/tippett-addresses-smiths-critical-post-game-remarks/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mid-To-Early Season Coaching Changes : Interesting though, that until this season, nobody would have included Smith in a discussion about "outstanding goalies".  Could Sean Burke really have made that much of a difference in Smith's play?
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Normally i would say no, but Burke lobbied management to get Smith and seemed pretty confident they would be a good match.