MIDSEASON GOATS: BIGGEST DISAPPOINMENTS FOR ALL 30 NHL TEAMS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Re: MIDSEASON GOATS: BIGGEST DISAPPOINMENTS FOR ALL 30 NHL TEAMS

RHO...For me, I would have put  David "Casper" Krejci.. Savard , at least I give the guy credit for trying despite trying to play with a  mashed  mellon....I have seen some glimpses of bounce back... the other guy isn't even trying...How he gets a pass on here from some is beyond me...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Boychuck & Krejci.

In Response to MIDSEASON GOATS: BIGGEST DISAPPOINMENTS FOR ALL 30 NHL TEAMS:
    [QUOTE]http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Midseason-Goats-Biggest-disappointments-for-all?urn=nhl-306600 Prior to reading this, I was curious to see who the Bruin choice was.  As an aside, please check out who got honourable mention with the Leafs.  Clearly a Bruin fan fave.
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Patrick Marleau, kinda thought that would be the case, contract now is in place... slide time.  The one I would consider taking from the heap, Cam Barker.  He would thrive under the CJ system.  BTW, Johnny Boychuk is not living up to the contract!!!!  A dud. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: MIDSEASON GOATS: BIGGEST DISAPPOINMENTS FOR ALL 30 NHL TEAMS:
    [QUOTE]RHO...For me, I would have put  David "Casper" Krejci.. Savard , at least I give the guy credit for trying despite trying to play with a  mashed  mellon....I have seen some glimpses of bounce back... the other guy isn't even trying...How he gets a pass on here from some is beyond me...
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

cowboy- didn't Krejci get his melon mashed and miss 6 games this year as a result?  Krejci is tied for 2nd on the team in scoring, is 2nd in PPG, and is a +10.  Nobody gets a "pass" out here, if you haven't noticed.  Maybe you should start a thread ripping him if you feel he is not being held accountable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In Response to Re: MIDSEASON GOATS: BIGGEST DISAPPOINMENTS FOR ALL 30 NHL TEAMS:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: MIDSEASON GOATS: BIGGEST DISAPPOINMENTS FOR ALL 30 NHL TEAMS : cowboy- didn't Krejci get his melon mashed and miss 6 games this year as a result?  Krejci is tied for 2nd on the team in scoring, is 2nd in PPG, and is a +10.  Nobody gets a "pass" out here, if you haven't noticed.  Maybe you should start a thread ripping him if you feel he is not being held accountable.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Crowls, DK has no PP goals this season... and if you would have told me that at the beginning of the season I would have bet large against that happening  half way thru the season...What is he on track for a whopping 55 pts at this pace.. That's great.. this is supposed to be our #2 centre.. these are the stats that  are alarming to me as a fan of DK46...

Last 15 games... 7 pts.. four of them came in two games.. -2 .. 9 of those games less than 40% on face offs.. the rest barely over 50%.. playing his usual 20+ shifts a game..  18 shots on net in that span...I think we need more out of this guy .. 1 GWG all year .... he has become irrelevant in this offense..

Good thing he got his points early or else it would be embarrassing..

And  comparing Krejci's mild concussion to Savard's grade 4 concussion and the journey this guy has taken to even getting back to playing hockey is ridiculous..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Re: MIDSEASON GOATS: BIGGEST DISAPPOINMENTS FOR ALL 30 NHL TEAMSHow

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MIDSEASON GOATS: BIGGEST DISAPPOINMENTS FOR ALL 30 NHL TEAMS : Crowls, DK has no PP goals this season... and if you would have told me that at the beginning of the season I would have bet large against that happening  half way thru the season...What is he on track for a whopping 55 pts at this pace.. That's great.. this is supposed to be our #2 centre.. these are the stats that  are alarming to me as a fan of DK46... Last 15 games... 7 pts.. four of them came in two games.. -2 .. 9 of those games less than 40% on face offs.. the rest barely over 50%.. playing his usual 20+ shifts a game..  18 shots on net in that span...I think we need more out of this guy .. 1 GWG all year .... he has become irrelevant in this offense.. Good thing he got his points early or else it would be embarrassing.. And  comparing Krejci's mild concussion to Savard's grade 4 concussion and the journey this guy has taken to even getting back to playing hockey is ridiculous..
    How would you know how bad his concussion was....the guy has his wrist dislocated and a concussion and you expect him to be 100% , but you give Savard a free pass because his brain got scrambled worse than Krecji's

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

cowboys - I'm not sure who could be considered the Bruins' biggest disappointment.  Based on his early season struggles, perhaps Rask, maybe?  I thought his play then was certainly unexpected but he seems to be on his way to finding his form at present.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

RHO, I'd pobably say Horton right now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In Response to Re: MIDSEASON GOATS: BIGGEST DISAPPOINMENTS FOR ALL 30 NHL TEAMSHow:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: MIDSEASON GOATS: BIGGEST DISAPPOINMENTS FOR ALL 30 NHL TEAMS : How would you know how bad his concussion was....the guy has his wrist dislocated and a concussion and you expect him to be 100% , but you give Savard a free pass because his brain got scrambled worse than Krecji's...what an idiot!
    Posted by Beezfan4life[/QUOTE]

Ok Doc! for your info a dislocated wrist takes about 6 -8 weeks for recovery.. I know, I have had it .. My wrist is fine and 100% and I played over 150 rounds of golf this past  year with no soreness, no ill effects....  Its been 9 months since Krejci had his.. I am sure its cured by now..  Are we going to use that excuse 3 months from now as well.. and if you don't think there is a difference between a mild concussion and a grade 4 concussion then I can't help you.. Look it up and read .. You might learn something... then again you might not ...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Boychuk's play has been well below what many expected.  Zero goals halfway through the season it's exactly what a guy called "Johnny Rocket" should have.

Krejci and Savard have both been slowed by concussions, but that doesn't mean people didn't expect more from them. 

I think my biggest disappointment has been the powerplay in general.  Let's face it:  It's an embarrassment.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Broduer over Kovalchuk?  Are you kidding? 
    I would have to go with Rask for this one.  Savard gets a "get out of jail free" card for a while. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Agree with Boychuck being included in the "biggest disappointment" conversation, I would also add Wheeler.  Although he has played really well lately, his overall production does not indicate a bounce back to his rookie year, rather more of a continuation of last year (projected 19-19-38).  Hopeful that his recent play gets him turned around.

Horton is right there as well, as he is one pace to have one of his worst statistical season's as a pro.  A projected 23-29-52 season is not good enough for a guy with his ability.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]cowboys - I'm not sure who could be considered the Bruins' biggest disappointment.  Based on his early season struggles, perhaps Rask, maybe?  I thought his play then was certainly unexpected but he seems to be on his way to finding his form at present.
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    He has solid numbers just hasn't got the wins. He has seen some terrible bounces go the other teams way this season. If I had to choose I would say Stuart. Before he got injured he was making glaring mistakes. I was expecting big things out of him this year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You were expecting big things from a stay at home defenseman?  Where you hoping he'd stay at home even more? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

[QUOTE]You were expecting big things from a stay at home defenseman?  Where you hoping he'd stay at home even more? 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Mission accomplished, lol!!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

0 goals by Boychuck, 9 points by Rask mid January. Both unbelievable stats!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

wino never misses an opportunity to slam Rask.  Rask is 5th in the league in SV%, and while he has not been as sharp as I think he is capable, he is hardly the biggest disappointment.

Your desire to slam Rask misses the point that his starts/points are way down because of how well Thomas has played.  That argument should have played right into your wheelhouse.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: MIDSEASON GOATS: BIGGEST DISAPPOINMENTS FOR ALL 30 NHL TEAMSHow:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: MIDSEASON GOATS: BIGGEST DISAPPOINMENTS FOR ALL 30 NHL TEAMSHow : Ok Doc! for your info a dislocated wrist takes about 6 -8 weeks for recovery.. I know, I have had it .. My wrist is fine and 100% and I played over 150 rounds of golf this past  year with no soreness, no ill effects....  Its been 9 months since Krejci had his.. I am sure its cured by now..  Are we going to use that excuse 3 months from now as well.. and if you don't think there is a difference between a mild concussion and a grade 4 concussion then I can't help you.. Look it up and read .. You might learn something... then again you might not ...
    150 rounds of golf ,and Zero games in the NHL. 1 is a contact sport...the other....not . Your also NOT David Krecji, so how could you possibly know what's going on with him , unless your telling me you can read people's minds.....genius!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Good choices.

Boychuck while I have to agree his numbers are disappointing I think he's had and has nagging injuries. He's not himself and not sure he'll recover this season.
    Rask is getting better but I won't complain about our goaltending.
    Outside of the Bruins has to be Kovalchuk.

P.S. a mention for RMiller  - Wideman at -16 (and counting) 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

[QUOTE]wino never misses an opportunity to slam Rask.  Rask is 5th in the league in SV%, and while he has not been as sharp as I think he is capable, he is hardly the biggest disappointment. Your desire to slam Rask misses the point that his starts/points are way down because of how well Thomas has played.  That argument should have played right into your wheelhouse.

Where is the slam lady? Learn too read. Did you predict 9 points earned by Rask by January 16th? Or did you, like myself expect much better? I didn't even say he was the biggest disappointment. You did, loser. But since you take it there, instead of sve % look at his g.a.a.. Mediocre at best. 4-9-1 is outright terrible. Boychuck having 0 goals, that is not me slamming Boychuck either. Both stats are plain fact lady, think up a better argument!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MIDSEASON GOATS: BIGGEST DISAPPOINMENTS FOR ALL 30 NHL TEAMSHow : 150 rounds of golf ,and Zero games in the NHL. 1 is a contact sport...the other....not . Your also NOT David Krecji, so how could you possibly know what's going on with him , unless your telling me you can read people's minds.....genius!
    Posted by Beezfan4life[/QUOTE]

Actually I do know what is going on with DK.. He isn't playing worth a lick , that's whats going on... for too long now , and he is an important part of this team ,and he is not contributing offensively, defensively, whatever... If he is hurt and not 100% maybe he shouldn't be playing then... but the way CJ runs him out there every game for 20 minutes + , 23 shifts on average and for him to be pitching zero's on a nightly basis leads me to believe he is fine health wise...
    The question needs to be asked..

And buddy, learn how to properly talk to adults.. your grade school insults are childish at best.. you don't need them to validate your argument..We have a difference of opinion.. That 's what makes the world go round.. Have a nice day!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Krejci has the skills of Bergeron. The fact is he is not using them. I would agree his play has been nothing but a huge dissapointment!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

i'd have to agree with the article and say it's savard. in the offseason, we all thought he was healthy. back in september, if you would have asked anybody on here how many points he'd have midseason, most of us would have 40+.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

beantown - I think I remember reading back when the Bruins acquired Horton that he was as prone as they come to hot streaks so with any luck those posts that seem to be getting in the way of his shots during the first half of the season will start to become goals over the second half of the year.  Lord knows he's has some supreme scoring opportunities.

NAS - I'd like to think whomever is coaching the Bruin PP (Is it Ward?) that they feel the heat from the glare of club brass and realize that with every display of what appears to be an unfocussed, misguided, mostly non-entity of a man advantage, their position is being reassessed. 

As presently arranged, the PP poses very little if no real threat of sustained pressure.  The dump-and-chase formula is rendered ineffective if the Bruins aren't quick enough to get in on the opposition's defenders and cause turnovers.
    Other clubs appear to know what's coming. 

I know you recall when the Wings were winning those Cups, teams were
    reluctant to take liberties with the thought of giving Zetterberg, Datsuk, Lidstrom etc. the extra man with that constantly moving and circling system of theirs.  (I think for a while McCarty was their lone enforcer and wasn't replaced after his release.) 

Scotty Bowman said he never understood the rationale behind having the extra man and giving up puck possession.  He wanted his club to mostly carry the puck in then set things up.  Whatever the Bruins PP system is, it doesn't appear to be conceived to make use of the players' strengths.  Let's hope for increased production in that department.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

[QUOTE]wino never misses an opportunity to slam Rask.  Rask is 5th in the league in SV%, and while he has not been as sharp as I think he is capable, he is hardly the biggest disappointment. Your desire to slam Rask misses the point that his starts/points are way down because of how well Thomas has played.  That argument should have played right into your wheelhouse.
    Crowls, wino dissapeared last year when Rask was terrific and Thomas was on the bench. He showed up after the philly series. Good for him though, his idol Thomas is having a great season