Might be it for Dipietro.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Might be it for Dipietro.

Just released by the Hurricanes farm team. Who knows how things would have worked out had he stayed a little longer at BU. He was fun to watch that year.

Got to meet him and play with him on a couple of ocassions as he would sometimes come down to shinny hockey in Quincy. Very nice guy, he gave me one of his sticks, never used it since he was a lefty but it's in my basement. When he came down he never wanted to take time away from another goalie but we were psyched to have him there.

One quick note, you know how players do the spin and pick up the puck on their blade like a lacrosse player? he could do that wiith a goalie stick in full equipment and nail it everytime.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/10040099/rick-dipietro-cut-carolina-hurricanes-farm-club

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Might be it for Dipietro.

Four time 20 game winner, two time 30 game winner. Wasn't really on any good teams. It's the contract he will be remembered for and his ill fated beating at the hands of Pens goalie Johnson.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Four time 20 game winner, two time 30 game winner. Wasn't really on any good teams. It's the contract he will be remembered for and his ill fated beating at the hands of Pens goalie Johnson.

[/QUOTE]

Sad, but true.

That said, I wouldnt mind being known for that contract.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:[QUOTE] Sad, but true.

That said, I wouldnt mind being known for that contract. [/QUOTE]

And as long he has invested well, definitely set for life. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

It comes sooner or later, I think he will get another shot somewhere before years end, like edmonton maybe.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just released by the Hurricanes farm team. Who knows how things would have worked out had he stayed a little longer at BU. He was fun to watch that year.

Exactly what I've always wondered with him.  He was so good there, but was so young and raw.  Shoulda picked up a few more Beanpots and let Jack Parker shape him mentally.

Easy for me to say...$$$