1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Milbury and Jones on Jagr

Jagr's stick is too long.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BurtonMercer's comment:

If not for Rask, we'd be down 0-2.

Part of being a great team is having great goaltending.  If not for Rask, the Bruins probably wouldn't have made the playoffs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to BurtonMercer's comment:

I thought they nailed it.   Great win last night, obviously, the team shockingly camed out in a daze in the first and somehow fought through it.  But, Jagr is killing them in transition. If not for Rask, we'd be down 0-2.  Bout time the analysts pointed out how ineffective he's been. You just have to hope they can hide the major flaws in his game now.

At this point, Soderberg coming in and moving Seguin up probably isn't an improvement, but you have to hope Jagr picks it up in this part of his game. I don't care if he scores or is on the ice when Bergy or Marchand score, but please get it going in transition, because the turnovers and crappy, slow line changes can't be hidden all series against a team like the Hawks.  

Great to see Seguin pick it up in the offensive end last night.  Maybe that will get him going.  Kelly looked great. 

Agree I thought one of Seguin's best so far in playoffs,keep that line together no more Peverly or the Dog.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Great game for Seguin, personally I think Jagr is doing ok...not great, but ok. He's a big guy that is highly skilled at passing - I imagine his legs are having a real hard time at this point (especially after that triple overtime game). I thought during the third and overtime Jagr was creating offensive chances and he is getting some good looks that he is just not burying right now. I read today that he hasn't even scored in practice during this playoff run, but I still think at times he has made an impact on our offense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Jagr was the best player on the ice during the OT, you can all eat up the Milbury digs, but he created scoring opps, he took shots, and he made some fantastic passes during the 3rd period and the OT. He hit the crossbar on what should have been the GW goal. I'm so sick of the Jagr bashing, enough.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Jagr started slow like most of the team last night but I honestly have no problem with him being on the ice.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

take a look at the final minute of the Pitts game and the Chi game last night. You will find it being Jagr controlling a rebound, grabbing the puck out of harm's way and carrying it out of danger across the blueline. This is the guy who isn't supposed to be out there, and shouldn't be playing with so and so, and is too slow, too lazy, too this, too old....enough. He's a quality player, Julien knows he's a quality player, and that's why he is out there and not other guys when the game is truly on the line.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

Jagr was the best player on the ice during the OT, you can all eat up the Milbury digs, but he created scoring opps, he took shots, and he made some fantastic passes during the 3rd period and the OT. He hit the crossbar on what should have been the GW goal. I'm so sick of the Jagr bashing, enough.

Totally agree. I have no problems with Jagr. If there was a better alternative available, Julien would be playing that guy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kentuckybruin. Show kentuckybruin's posts

Milbury is a tool. I thought Jagr was one of the better player in the 3rd and overtime.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Speed was never his game, and he's even slower now. And obviously not the all-world talent he was. But this guy, and I know he hasnt been scoring as much as we'd hoped, is terrific down low and along the boards. Very important come playoff time. Numerous times the B's have kept the puck int he offensive zone that has either led to goals or quality scoring chances due to him being able to keep the puck in the zone or maintain possesion because of his work.

There has been a few occasions where the B's have scored off an offensive zone face-off becasue the puck was kept in the zone by the Jagrs work the shift before.

I would love to see this guy get a big goal, he's had his chances, and I think it's coming.

Remember i said that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Also, I like Mike Milbury. I like how he is opinionated and passionate about the game. I think where he he is now, he is good for hockey, especially in the American market.
    But evaluating players has never been his strength. Look no further than his transactions, not contracts as I beleive Wang had a big say in those, but his trade and draft history as all the proof you need.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Also, I like Mike Milbury. I like how he is opinionated and passionate about the game. I think where he he is now, he is good for hockey, especially in the American market.
    But evaluating players has never been his strength. Look no further than his transactions, not contracts as I beleive Wang had a big say in those, but his trade and draft history as all the proof you need.

Wang was behind a lot of the trades as well, the Yashin deal specifically.  As for the players drafted, if we're going to say Milbury is poor at talent evaluation, does the same apply to Chiarelli?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Milbury was right after the first period, but Jagr picked up his play and was better as the game wore on. I'm not a fan, but he is helping keep the puck in the offensive zone. I expected that he would pick openings much better than he has.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I recall we were all screaming at Recchi during the '11 run as well...too slow, time to hang 'em up, holding back Marchand and Bergeron, etc, etc etc.

I'm not a huge Jagr fan, but he is far from the problem. Yes, maybe Seguin on that line would make it better, but you gotta look at it from the other angle and think about what demoting Jagr would do to the 3rd line. It's better this way - more balance.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

I recall we were all screaming at Recchi during the '11 run as well...too slow, time to hang 'em up, holding back Marchand and Bergeron, etc, etc etc.

I'm not a huge Jagr fan, but he is far from the problem. Yes, maybe Seguin on that line would make it better, but you gotta look at it from the other angle and think about what demoting Jagr would do to the 3rd line. It's better this way - more balance.

This is why he is on that line, not because Jagr is a much better player than Seguin, he isn't, it's because he would weaken that 3rd line significantly as it wouldn't even be a good defensive line anymore.

Jagr is a wizard in the offensive zone and when the Bs have the puck in the neutral zone, however, backchecking, forechecking, playing D and line changes are parts I have issues with.

Net, net , he's better than Bourque, Daug, Soderberg, et all the replacement possibilities but I continue to have a problem with his coasting. Milbury is not that crazy in his assessment.

Bergeron and Marchand can make up for a lot of Jagr's faults and I still think he's great in the offensive zone, but the way it is constituted is better since CJ wants to run 3 lines.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

I think Milbury has it all wrong!

Jagr has hit the post in 3 straight games and could have 5-8 goals wit6h some luck!

Jagr will score the cup winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Jagr's stick is too long.

+1

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Jagr > Milbury < Seguin

-----------------------------------------
    "Lighten up Francis"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Do you really think the Bruins front office did not know what to expect when they signed Jagr?  He is 41 years old and do you really think the Bruins expected him to chase 20+ year old guys around the ice.  What he's doing is the job he has been asked to do and in my opinion he's doing a more than acceptable job.  He clogs up lanes, is outstanding around the net and is also doing the job of a veteran who other players look up to.  Also in my opinion, he's here for this SC run and that's it.  More than likely he will not return next year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Jagr producing again!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Milbury also called out ovi.  Milbury is a bigger blow hard then anyone not named healy.  He gets some ratings for this.  Jagr has made the bruis finally have a pp qb.  I love watching jagr.  Glad hes on our team!  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Onthe405. Show Onthe405's posts

regardless of how you feel about Jagr and I think he has been terrific, you don't even consider touching the seguin/kelly/paille line with the way they have been producing.