Miller extension

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Miller extension

Sorry if its a repeat. 2 years 800k per. Awesome 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Miller extension

Good news, gotta hand it to PC, very reasonable salary. I hope the B's keep him but now under contract for 2 more years he would likely be desirable in a trade.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good news, gotta hand it to PC, very reasonable salary. I hope the B's keep him but now under contract for 2 more years he would likely be desirable in a trade.  

[/QUOTE]

I was just thinking the same. Bart was signed and then they attempted to move him. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Smart move by PC.  Hopefully they hold on to him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I have been impressed with Bart, Miller, Warsofsky and Trots... glad to see one more signed, but we can't keep them all. Which one goes for a Cup run?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Stanley just traded them all for Scarlett Johannsen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Stanley just traded them all for Scarlett Johannsen.

[/QUOTE]

Nah just Boychuk goes along with Krejci, caron, Subban and our 1st pick....for .......Ryan Johanssen and Jack johnson 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

I have been impressed with Bart, Miller, Warsofsky and Trots... glad to see one more signed, but we can't keep them all. Which one goes for a Cup run?

Disagree a bit on Bartkowski. He seems to have this knack for picking up utterly stupid penalties. For example, Sunday against Chicago with the score tied 2-2 and 5 seconds left in the 3rd period, he picks up a penalty for cross checking a Blackhawk face first into the boards at center ice. Chicago didn't score in the OT but we were lucky they didn't and maybe if he wasn't sitting in the PB for the 1st two minutes we might have. He was at center ice with 5 seconds left in a tie game and he decides to cross check a guy who posed absolutely no threat to the Bruins at the time.. This is just the most recent in a line of dumb decisions he's made.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to trouts' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Disagree a bit on Bartkowski. He seems to have this knack for picking up utterly stupid penalties. For example, Sunday against Chicago with the score tied 2-2 and 5 seconds left in the 3rd period, he picks up a penalty for cross checking a Blackhawk face first into the boards at center ice. Chicago didn't score in the OT but we were lucky they didn't and maybe if he wasn't sitting in the PB for the 1st two minutes we might have. He was at center ice with 5 seconds left in a tie game and he decides to cross check a guy who posed absolutely no threat to the Bruins at the time.. This is just the most recent in a line of dumb decisions he's made.

[/QUOTE]

Not true. His penalty trouble is only in the last 4 games. Prior to the Toronto game, he only took 5 penalties in 30 games. Not too bad.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, if you put all of trouts's posts into one page, you'd see a pattern.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from heebiehoo. Show heebiehoo's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not true. His penalty trouble is only in the last 4 games. Prior to the Toronto game, he only took 5 penalties in 30 games. Not too bad.

[/QUOTE]

BFINJ, I have to disagree here, Bart seems to make some boneheaded plays quite often.  maybe they are more egregious lately and he is geting whistled for them, I don't know . But he seems to just not have the "hockey sense" so to speak.   don't get me wrong, he has filled in admirably, but I don't think he is a long term solution.  He has built up some good will and trade value.....he has done a fine job for us but he would be the one to trade of all our young D men in my opinion

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Think Miller has been pretty solid.  Was thinking that there doesn't seem like there is a ton of daylight between his game and McQuaid's.

Read a piece from Hags that speculates that McQuaid could be "on the block" with this move.  Similar game at 2x the price.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Think Miller has been pretty solid.  Was thinking that there doesn't seem like there is a ton of daylight between his game and McQuaid's.

Read a piece from Hags that speculates that McQuaid could be "on the block" with this move.  Similar game at 2x the price.

[/QUOTE]

That will interest Sather.

But seriously, kind of fits the type of player Burke is looking for.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I wouldn't deal McQuaid, not this season.  Perhaps in the summer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

good signing. simple as that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yep, the season is so boring that a 26 year old journeyman defenseman with one goal and one assist in 16 NHL games is exciting.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Those numbers are also the reason I think it's awfully premature to think about dealing a more experienced D away.  16 games - trade McQuaid! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Found the piece from Hags that I referenced earlier. 

http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/impact-miller-signing-could-be-far-reaching-bs

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Yeah, if you put all of trouts's posts into one page, you'd see a pattern.

Really! I've been posting for 4 years longer than you so maybe you can let me know what pattern I've fallen into. I've rooted for this team for years and watch every game. I praise guys I think are really talented and putting out effort, and make comments when I think they aren't performing well. Isn't that what an open forum is all about? I rarely, if ever, put another poster down which seems to be the main mission of some posters at this site, especially you.

Let me make an exception to that rule and say that I think your one line put-downs of other posters are usually thoughtless and dumb. And your comment about trading for Scarlett Johannson wasn't at all funny nor was it clever, if it was humor that you were after.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:[QUOTE]

I wouldn't deal McQuaid, not this season.  Perhaps in the summer.[/QUOTE]

Interesting how some are using a very small sample size of Miller to suddenly dismiss McQuaid. It makes Bartkowski expendable again however. PC will have to make a roster move when Hamilton and Kelly are ready, both were skating again today.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

As mentioned, any hope of bringing in a top 4 D means a younger, more affordable D will need to go the other way. PC just giving himself options, that's all.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alsims. Show Alsims's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Interesting how some are using a very small sample size of Miller to suddenly dismiss McQuaid. It makes Bartkowski expendable again however. PC will have to make a roster move when Hamilton and Kelly are ready, both were skating again today.

[/QUOTE]

Yes,Miller has looked good but he is playing sheltered minutes.I think he would make an ideal 7th defenceman in the playoffs but our D is already inexperienced as it is.No disrespect to Miller but I hope he is a healthy scratch come playoff time. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Alsims' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes,Miller has looked good but he is playing sheltered minutes.I think he would make an ideal 7th defenceman in the playoffs but our D is already inexperienced as it is.No disrespect to Miller but I hope he is a healthy scratch come playoff time. 

[/QUOTE]

Huh? Sheltered minutes, whats that?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I like Miller.  I like Bartkowski alot, although he is having a tough season.  He needs to be stronger and smarter.  I like the other young options too.  One or more of them will be dealt if we bring in a significant guy; Hamilton and Krug appear to be off the table.  I still haven't heard anyone who is available and good enough.  We need a number two guy, someone to eat up big minutes.  Someone with the ability to stop top players and top lines.  The rest of the guys will fall in well after that. 

The guys in-house, have the potential to fill the gaps but I don't expect it.  Boychuck is capable of playing a bigger role, but he just doesn't seem to bring his A game on a regular basis.  At times he is firing away making big hits, playing against top lines.  Other times he disappears for a month, neither good or bad just there.  McQuaid has impressed me this season, I feel he is a trying to raise expectations and his role.  Obviously the young kids have to be better.

Ultimately our best bet is for us to hope PC will be able to pull another rabbit from the hat, like he did when he got Seidenberg.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Really! I've been posting for 4 years longer than you so maybe you can let me know what pattern I've fallen into. I've rooted for this team for years and watch every game. I praise guys I think are really talented and putting out effort, and make comments when I think they aren't performing well. Isn't that what an open forum is all about? I rarely, if ever, put another poster down which seems to be the main mission of some posters at this site, especially you.

Let me make an exception to that rule and say that I think your one line put-downs of other posters are usually thoughtless and dumb. And your comment about trading for Scarlett Johannson wasn't at all funny nor was it clever, if it was humor that you were after.

[/QUOTE]

Pick a new target, Trouts.  Put downs aren't Book's MO.  That's more like me, Dez, SanDog, nite, shupe, and the King of All Putdowns:  pauly1.