Mistake Seguin 4th line

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

Mistake Seguin 4th line

IMO the bottom 2 lines should look like this:
    Ryder Seguin Peverly
    Kelly  Campbell Thornoton/Caron/Paille

There is no reason to have a talent like Seguin on the 4th line desinged for energy, Phyiscality, and shut down.  You see what Mike Gillis just did in Vancouver with Hodgson and his explanation for doing so! Hodson nor Seguin are 4th line players.  The Bruins have put themselves between a rock and a hard place here.  By keeping him up, you are saying he is good enough to play, SO LET HIM PLAY!  Where he can showcase his attributes and grow and learn from his mistakes.  Right now would be the perfect time to see what he's made of.  Were playing Ottawa tonight Claude in March with a comfortable lead on the divsion.  He needs to play to grow, either here or Providence!
    Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Mistake Seguin 4th line

Shhhh little angel. Refer to the 223918 other posts on this exact matter.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: Mistake Seguin 4th line:
    [QUOTE]Shhhh little angel. Refer to the 223918 other posts on this exact matter.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

Including the most obvious one "Almost Pointless".  Gessh how could you miss that?!?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

He can't go to Providence.  He also can't go back to Juniors anymore (28th was the deadline).

Simply put, he is the odd-one out.  I think he's played well enough that it wouldn't be a detriment to a team to have him on one of the top two lines.  However, he hasn't out-played the players the Bruins currently have on the top two lines.  I say two because it appears that Julien wants to use the Kelly line as a defensive line - Seguin would not be a good idea on a line that is focussed on defense.  Instead, he goes out on an eat-up-some-minutes line often against the other team's worst players.  I'm okay with that.  It gives him a chance to do some things he might not be able to risk doing on a higher line.  The lack of results may be discouraging, but I think the experience is still beneficial.

As we saw on Saturday, Julien is willing to plug him in on higher lines when one of those players is serving a fighting penalty.  I think if there is an injury, he gets moved up.

It will be interesting to watch and see if Julien tries a few different line options tonight if the Bruins manage to blitz the Senators.  There are few easy games this time of year, though, so I wouldn't count on that happening.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

It almost makes too much sense to swap him with Kelly, yet Claude continues to use him on the 4th line. 

The 4th line could be a great shutdown like with the addition of Kelly, and the 3rd line would be a fast offensive line.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]lol Im a regular I read all the posts.  Maybe you should read mine!  The question is where to go from here.  Not where we are! In Response to Re: Mistake Seguin 4th line :
    Posted by samsonov[/QUOTE]
    We have nowhere to go. I'm staying home tonight to watch the Bruins vs. Senators. You can go out if you want. Also they B's are riding a 5 game win streak. There is no need to change anything. I know you're a regular on this board, I read every post... of everyone. I am everywhere.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

The title of this thread was made by Larry King

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I agree with the o/p on this. Seguins talents and growth are being wasted playing with 4th line grinders like thorton and campbell. I don't know why claude seems so scared to take the training wheels off tyler. His offensive mind and talents are being wasted and retarded by playing him with his current linemates.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with the o/p on this. Seguins talents and growth are being wasted playing with 4th line grinders like thorton and campbell. I don't know why claude seems so scared to take the training wheels off tyler. His offensive mind and talents are being wasted and retarded by playing him with his current linemates.
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]
    Honestly where is he going to play? Good Christ this has been rehashed so many times. All lines are clicking right now. Kelly, Ryder, and Peverley is a great shutdown line. Seguin is not being wasted on the 4th line. He is learning how to play a two way game that will benefit him later on in his career.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mistake Seguin 4th line : Honestly where is he going to play? Good Christ this has been rehashed so many times. All lines are clicking right now. Kelly, Ryder, and Peverley is a great shutdown line. Seguin is not being wasted on the 4th line. He is learning how to play a two way game that will benefit him later on in his career.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

Respectfuly disagree with you on this. Pevs and Ryder have much more offensive upside than Seguins current linemates. Why would him playing on the 4th compared to the third mean he can't play a complete game? I also think having seguin feed ryder passes would be good and if seguin played with pevs thats some awsome speed there too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

I have no problem with him being on the fourth line--- as long as he is used on the second PP unit where they can utilize his strengths.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mistake Seguin 4th line : Respectfuly disagree with you on this. Pevs and Ryder have much more offensive upside than Seguins current linemates. Why would him playing on the 4th compared to the third mean he can't play a complete game? I also think having seguin feed ryder passes would be good and if seguin played with pevs thats some awsome speed there too.
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]
    Because Seguin is terrible at defense right now and Kelly is not. The third line is out there as a shut down line in Claudes system. I don't want Seguin with that responsibility. There isn't that much on the 4th, it's an energy line. They expect them to go out hopefully stay in the O zone and not allow the other team to score. They aren't out on the ice during defensive situations.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'd be much more ok with Seguin on the 4th line with Thornton sitting out and Paille or Caron in his place.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Don't look now, but the B's just went six for six on a road trip.  How did that fourth line do?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Life is good in Bruins Land.  Hes lucky to get any ice time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Seems like since the trade Seguin's development has been put on the backburner. He should be put with Peverley and Kelley on the 3rd line

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

i like your thoughts BADHAB, sit Thornton and let Seguin and Paille provide speed  and smarts. Another option would be to put Seguin with Bergie and REX on the 4th line. However, REX's limitations are growing and he needs Bergie to cover all of his mistakes and lack of speed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Seguin is fine where he is, he is playing well, but he is still a defensive liability in his zone.. I think playing on the 4th line is actually giving him some confidence as he appears more confident getting his nose dirty knowing he is covered out there.
    I dont agree that Kelly Ryder and Peaverly are "clicking" and more then tryder has with anyone else this season, ryder and seguin actually had great chemistry early on.. I think Ryder has been really good offensively most of the year.

Kelly has been valuable as a defensive center, and a guy who can take draws, thats what he was brought in to do, and that is what he is doing.. The bruins have a center on each line who can take draws, if seguins slides up to the 3rd line, it wont be kelly sliding back, it would be peaverly i guess, and I dont know that you can really make the arguement seguin is a better player at this point in his career..

The "being wasted" comments though are old, and really based on nothing.. Thornton played 57 games as a rookie, turned out fine, seguin is getting very similar ice time to what kessel got as a rookie.  He and marchand are the first 2 bruins rookies to scoer more then 10 goals since 81..
    Hes not playing for edmonton where the only importance is rebuilding the team, and that is centered around him, the bruins need to field the best team possible.. If you want Seguin to play 20 minutes a night, you need to root for a different team..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

YES CHANGE LINES GREAT IDEA...AFTER WINNING 6 STRAIGHT!  YOU SHOULD BE COACH

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

mistake reading another thread on where seguin "should" be...his line was one of the best last nite! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Had to feel bad for Seguin last night. Passes to Thornton bobbled half a dozen times, wide open at the side of the net for an easy tap-in and Campbell with his head down (no doubt he has to constantly concentrate when the puck is on his stick) shoots a weak backhander into Anderson's chest. Seguin will be lucky to get another point playing with these two...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

I thought Seguin looked timid last night; wouldn't venture into the corners; always looking over his shoulder... he's got talent but no way is he worthy of more time than he's getting - not with the rest of the roster the way it is.