Morrow to Pittsburgh?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Morrow to Pittsburgh?

According to Bob Mckenzie, Pittsburgh and Dallas have a trade in place for Brendan Morrow - he just has to waive his no-trade...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: Morrow to Pittsburgh?

i wonder if that would take them out of the iginla sweepstakes 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

They need to replace Jordan Staal.  I'll be happy if this deal goes through as I don't think Morrow would be the "missing piece" in Boston and it will hopefully take Pitt out of the running for the bigger guys.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

If it happens, I'm a bit bummed. Morrow would provide a lot of leadership and experience and inspiration. He's a great captain in Dallas and never takes a shift off. I see him as the total utility guy that Claude could plug in anywhere. Plus, he's not going to cost the Bruins a valuable prospect (or two, in the case of Iginla)

Like today. With Claude's shake-up of line combinations. Brendan Morrow would look a lot better on that second line than Paille. And Pandolpho, I hope he is only meant as a stop-gap. He's not bringing much.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

They need to replace Jordan Staal.  I'll be happy if this deal goes through as I don't think Morrow would be the "missing piece" in Boston and it will hopefully take Pitt out of the running for the bigger guys.

True but seems like it's for a no name Morrow in exchange.  How does Shero always fleece the Dallas Stars ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Having said all this and whether I like it or not, if this is true and Morrow is going to Pittsburgh, then it puts Iginla and the Bruins on a collison course.

Iginla has stated the four teams he'd like go to - Though he is very much in the driver's seat, I have to think that the Flames would prefer not to see him in the Western Conference. If Pittsburgh's out of the running (though they could conceivably be after both Morrow and Iginla), it kinda leaves him to the Bruins - and maybe with a little more leverage.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In response to gord11's comment:

According to Bob Mckenzie, Pittsburgh and Dallas have a trade in place for Brendan Morrow - he just has to waive his no-trade...

Pittsburgh should be looking for defense and goaltending not more scoring.  i can see it now. another first place team ousted in the first round.......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LOL and the plot thickens:

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger 51s

Source close to B.Morrow situation says Boston also in the mix. Morrow considering both Pens and Bruins.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Yes!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

as per TSN Brendan Morrow waives his NTC to go to Pitt 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Oh well, is that the player the B's really need though? The bigger fish await !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

If Bruin's go after Iginla i think Camara will be in the deal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Like NAS said, it does open the door for the Bruins agressive approach for Iginla . 

Morrow's cap hit is 4.1M , this means Pens will have about 4M in cap space left and that's not enough for Iginla.  Unless of course they trade away 4m in cap space but highly unlikely.

I think the Pens didn't have what the Flames are asking and I think now it's a goaltender. I was sure Pens would have been front runners. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Camara,Spooner,Caron,Subban,Hamill, Knight, your guess is as good as mine.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Like NAS said, it does open the door for the Bruins agressive approach for Iginla . 

Morrow's cap hit is 4.1M , this means Pens will have about 4M in cap space left and that's not enough for Iginla.  Unless of course they trade away 4m in cap space but highly unlikely.

I think the Pens didn't have what the Flames are asking and I think now it's a goaltender. I was sure Pens would have been front runners. 

Don't think the hole 4M goes on cap,just what's left for remander of season,same as Iginla comming over.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Me too, and the goalie thing might have been the clincher.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

Me too, and the goalie thing might have been the clincher.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

True but seems like it's for a no name Morrow in exchange.  How does Shero always fleece the Dallas Stars ?

The same way Montreal did a few weeks ago?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

Morrow has become a real injury prone player as of late, because of his gritty style.  I'm glad Pitt went that route because it takes them out of the trade market and essentially puts us in the driver's seat for Iginla.  Morrow was 5th on my personal wish list behind: Iginla, St. Louis, Alfredsson and Clowe.  Alfredsson is not happening and Clowe is a distant 4th.  Even if Iginla were only a rental, I would give up whatever it takes that doesn't involve Spooner.  Our first round pick will be bottom 5 (crapshot at best), roster player would be Caron and the prospect Jared Knight.  Do it!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from originalcallodthedom. Show originalcallodthedom's posts

In response to CamOJonasink's comment:

Morrow has become a real injury prone player as of late, because of his gritty style.  I'm glad Pitt went that route because it takes them out of the trade market and essentially puts us in the driver's seat for Iginla.  Morrow was 5th on my personal wish list behind: Iginla, St. Louis, Alfredsson and Clowe.  Alfredsson is not happening and Clowe is a distant 4th.  Even if Iginla were only a rental, I would give up whatever it takes that doesn't involve Spooner.  Our first round pick will be bottom 5 (crapshot at best), roster player would be Caron and the prospect Jared Knight.  Do it!

Caron can barely make the lineup if any roster players leave for a big name it'll be peverley Horton or Ference. Even then it's unlikely. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to originalcallodthedom's comment:

Caron can barely make the lineup if any roster players leave for a big name it'll be peverley Horton or Ference. Even then it's unlikely. 

you think that a rebuilding team would have no interest in caron, yet you think they would jump at ference? may i ask why?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

If that's what they want fine. But something tells me that the package you put together isn't what Calgary is looking for. Try Subban, and go from there.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Also you have to give up something to get something the old saying goes. When everyone wants to make Caron a centerpiece of a major deal its kind of funny. If Calgary does that I am in. But Caron was a healthy scratch the other night and is having trouble beating out Pandolfo. Hey maybe Calgary doesn't look at things like that. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from originalcallodthedom. Show originalcallodthedom's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

you think that a rebuilding team would have no interest in caron, yet you think they would jump at ference? may i ask why?

Did I say they would? No bit I'd be more pressed to get someone who's had a nhl career over someone who may be a third liner at best. Ference is a ufa after the season. A team might take a look at that. No knee wants a trade centered around Caron. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I'll be surprised if Horton is involved. Rather silly considering the point is to get that 3rd line scoring. That could mean Horton gets put down to the 3rd line & he becomes a play-off hero again. The purpose of a Jarome is to increase the B's chances to win it all again. Not to remove a huge part of the lineup. Yes Horton & Lucic are playing like Sh...it, but they're still part of the plan of helping with a 2 in 3. I'll also be surprised to see Ference move as well. You can't teach his experience to just anybody. He's also not having a great year, but still a huge part of the top 6 in d & in reality I don't think Ference is a huge enough piecein a return to go to Calgary. I think it'll have to be a Boychuk.