most intriguing finals matchup?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

most intriguing finals matchup?

i know i'm getting a little ahead of myself- the playoffs have yet to start. but the best matchup to me would be any original 6 matchup, or the best storyline of all bruins vs. sharks. jumbo joe comes back to boston to face the team he could not lead himself to the cup. how crazy would that be? i think it could happen

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: most intriguing finals matchup?

BOS VS ANA

Could be greeeattt! A beat em up, knock em down series with TONS of goals scored.

Or

BOS vs CHI

Original 6, Defending champs playing the next longest cup drought in the game(aside from thier own until last year). That could be awesome too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In no particular order:

Montreal-Anaheim: A few ex-Habs on the Ducks, but none more important or respected than Saku Koivu.
    Detroit-Pittsburgh: The third in what would be the "Best two out of 3" finals.
    Boston-SJ: Joe Thornton. 'Nuff said.
    Chicago-NYR: Original 6 matchup of 2 8 seeds.
    Vancouver-anyone: Wow! Vancouver didn't choke this year!
    Phoenix-Tampa Bay: Intriguing to see if the number of viewers outside of the 2 cities would be measured in the hundreds, or dozens.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

never thought of the  pho/tb implications. would quebec city be for or against this matchup? quite the conundrum...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FerenceONpoint. Show FerenceONpoint's posts

Phoenix-Tampa Bay -- Bettman's WORST nightmare.

NHL's best case scenario:
     - Crosby comes back for ECF -- Washington vs Pitt.
     - WCF -- Detroit vs Chicago
     - Stanley Cup Finals -- Detroit defeats Washington

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Re: most intriguing finals matchup?:
    [QUOTE]Phoenix-Tampa Bay -- Bettman's WORST nightmare. NHL's best case scenario:  - Crosby comes back for ECF -- Washington vs Pitt.  - WCF -- Detroit vs Chicago  - Stanley Cup Finals -- Detroit defeats Washington
    Posted by FerenceONpoint[/QUOTE]

I think the NHL would love DET-NYR as well....get the biggest media market in the league back into really caring about hockey, at least for a little while.

I don't think this has a snowball's chance of happening, but with the NHL, you never know. PHI was a 7 seed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Bos vs Chi
    Chi vs NYR
    Det vs Bos
    Bos vs Van
    Ana vs Bos
    Mon vs Van

Edm vs Ott?