Most Teams In Division Have Improved Except For Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Most Teams In Division Have Improved Except For Bruins

In response to red75's comment:And now Ottawa gets better, way better, with Bobby Ryan.

No playoffs.

Oh would you just chill out - it's the freaking 5th of July! [/QUOTE]

The division II goalie was wrong about Tim Thomas for years, wrong about the Bruins being quitters and losers. Now SoxFan goes n back tracks from what he said on his apology thread just like when he said he was going to dissapear LoL

So now all he has now is coming back on BDC to taunt. A real loser!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I like that PC isn't doing much today. The first few hours of free agency seems to be consumed by GMs overpaying players, and giving them way too many years. There's always teams near the cap floor that can offer ridiculous contracts which makes it difficult for a team like the Bruins to compete (being closer to the cap limit). 99% of players will take the money for a lesser team than take less to play for a team like Boston. Honestly I don't expect much, he made the big move that freed up some space and brought in some talent and youth. Maybe he signs one UFA to a short contract, but I'm more than content with them going into training camp and letting Smith, Spooner, Knight, etc. battle it out for a roster spot. If they don't perform well enough PC has plenty of pieces to bring someone in around the deadline. In my opinion PC is doing everything right so far this off season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

I like that PC isn't doing much today. The first few hours of free agency seems to be consumed by GMs overpaying players, and giving them way too many years. There's always teams near the cap floor that can offer ridiculous contracts which makes it difficult for a team like the Bruins to compete (being closer to the cap limit). 99% of players will take the money for a lesser team than take less to play for a team like Boston. Honestly I don't expect much, he made the big move that freed up some space and brought in some talent and youth. Maybe he signs one UFA to a short contract, but I'm more than content with them going into training camp and letting Smith, Spooner, Knight, etc. battle it out for a roster spot. If they don't perform well enough PC has plenty of pieces to bring someone in around the deadline. In my opinion PC is doing everything right so far this off season.

Amen to some sanity around here. It's the same every FA and deadline...fans want to see the big splash and are willing to sacrifice everything for the "hope" that comes with those big names. Trading Seguin was a risk, no doubt about it. But as we've seen with everyone's millions of suggestions today, all PC did was give himself options. Now it's about finding the right fit at the right price. Patience....

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

was wrong about Tim Thomas for years, wrong about the Bruins being quitters and losers. Now SoxFan goes n back tracks from what he said on his apology thread just like when he said he was going to dissapear LoL

So now all he has now is coming back on BDC to taunt. A real loser!

San it's those kinds of posts that drive me loopy. The Stanley Cup, of which the Bruins were a finalist, ended less than two weeks ago, there's more than two months of off season, a trade deadline, and 1,230 games to be played before next year's post season, and already there are predictions as to the Bruins not even making the playoffs, simply based on, what? 5 hiours of free agency?

Yeah on paper it does look like there's been some improvements by division rivals, but the game isn't played on paper, and there's still alot of off season left.

It's like Chicken Little - THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING!

Relax and take a deep breath 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

Personally I think this offseason has been hijacked by PCs notion that he must pay Rask. Paying a goaltender $7M plus (the rumored cost) seems outrageous given the Bruins' defensive identity. Khudobin managed a .920 save percentage last season. Goalies have the tendency to look good when the team in front of him plays good defense and poor when the teams plays as such. I truly think that Khudo(had we kept him) and Svedberg could have done fine in net for us next season and we could have alotted Rask's money on the rest of the team. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

But it is something we have to put up with especially with the "Seguin Army" unhappy.

No matter who PC trades for or signs it will not enough.

Went through this right after the Kessel trade, pure panic LoL

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Bruins will make playoffs but will struggle .They will not  score almost as bad as the year they signed Satan.

This is just a silly statement, but to quantify your "logic"...
    THUS far.. without any more moves on the Bruins part...Losing Seguin, Horton and Peverley's goal scoring and picking up Erikkson, Smith, and Fraser is a net loss of 19 goals.. with the latter playing 40 less games. Im thinking the Bruins won't be at the bottom of the league in scoring and probably a 3rd seed at worst.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

On paper they improved absolutely. On paper the B's still have a bonafide team & just proved they can still compete for a cup. The Duds...I mean Buds haven't proved nothing accept that they're willing to TRY to improve. This Leafs team doesn't scare me one bit with their lineup yet. If they play against the B's & start demolishing them? Then I'll change my tune.

[/QUOTE]

With Tyler Bozak as the Leafs #1 centre you should be afraid.............very afraid !

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to stanjon's comment:

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

[QUOTE]

I like(d) Seguin, but no matter what you think the Bruins improved with Eriksson, 2 or 3 years from now that might be totally false, but for immediate impact the nod is to Boston so far.

Not sure about that. Seguin may explode as of next year.

[/QUOTE]

Only because Dallas does not have a number one centre like The Bruins do - he's now their number one and will get according minutes and a substantial uptick in production because of the responsibility on his shoulders. Same thing that happened with Wheeler when he went to the Jets. Does not make them better just means they're in a different role.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

[QUOTE]

I like(d) Seguin, but no matter what you think the Bruins improved with Eriksson, 2 or 3 years from now that might be totally false, but for immediate impact the nod is to Boston so far.

Not sure about that. Seguin may explode as of next year.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe if he tries to eat 70 hotdogs to beat world record holder Joey Chestnut's 69!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

So do we blame Rask as much as PC for not being able to make a deal? Doesn't allow PC to  know how much cap he has to spend?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In response to G4ck5's comment:

So do we blame Rask as much as PC for not being able to make a deal? Doesn't allow PC to  know how much cap he has to spend?

PC knows approximately how much Rask will take, and if a signing were to put them over he'd have option to shuffle salary around to get them under.

That he hasn't signed anyone more likely means he hasn't felt he'd get sufficient value for the money.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

No panic here...in my view they only need 1 more Top 6 forward.  They lost 2 top 6 guys in Seguin/Jagr AND Horton and replaced one of them with Loui.  Seguin was a top 6 in reg. season only to be replaced by Jagr in the playoffs, thus I counted just one spot.  They have room to land one more fA with the trade.   Peverley is easily replaceable as is Ferrence.   Also, keep in mind had Horton stayed he would not be ready till December.  Tor and Det have improved but I still love this lineup.

bergeron-Marchand-Free Agent

DK-lucic- Louie

Kelly-Soderberg-Paille

ST-campbell-rookie

Bottom line...this is still as good a lineup as any in the East.  I do think there is a void in the Top 6 but the Bs have the money to fill that (iginla, for example).  The def group and goaltending are still better than our new division rivals.  No panic.  

Luc Dufour was as tough as Nails.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

In response to G4ck5's comment:

[QUOTE]

PC knows approximately how much Rask will take, and if a signing were to put them over he'd have option to shuffle salary around to get them under.

That he hasn't signed anyone more likely means he hasn't felt he'd get sufficient value for the money.

[/QUOTE]

I agree Dr. PC said last week that they already had a number budgeted for Rask. He's well aware of how much cash he's got for others.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Hrm. Crickets in here.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

The Leafs signed perhaps the most wanted UFA in Clarkson but I still don't think their center corps of Bozak, Kadri, Bolland and McClement compares to Krejci, Bergeron, Kelly and Campbell.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

The Leafs signed perhaps the most wanted UFA in Clarkson but I still don't think their center corps of Bozak, Kadri, Bolland and McClement compares to Krejci, Bergeron, Kelly and Campbell.

That's for sure.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

unless they

Unless  they make  bigger moves, you will see how silly a statement this is.

Add Iginla's 14 goals and the Bruins have lost a net of 5 goals from the players they let go AND can now afford Rask AND play more consistent and responsible hockey. Care to reasses your doom and gloom prediction of them bottom feeding in scoring and eeking into the playoffs?