Re: Most Wanted

In Response to Re: Most Wanted:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most Wanted : I don't even get your meaning
    Posted by Swerengen[/QUOTE]
    Nobody does.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most Wanted : Nobody does.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

i said 2 pages back to shut your pie hole.  how is your sj sea puppies look this year anyway. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most Wanted : i said 2 pages back to shut your pie hole.  how is your sj sea puppies look this year anyway. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Tough start(0-3) with 13 players in NHL camps. Back to 3w-3L now that the players are trickling back.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Just play hockey and win games. This is what is wrong with hockey right now. Stupid threads like this condoning such atrocious behavior. Play good hard blue collar hockey. That's all I ask. You don't need to go out looking for revenge. The past is the past, they won the cup. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Just play hockey and win games. This is what is wrong with hockey right now. Stupid threads like this condoning such atrocious behavior. Play good hard blue collar hockey. That's all I ask. You don't need to go out looking for revenge. The past is the past, they won the cup. 
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]
    Call? Either you haven't played a lot; or you've never been cheapshotted. Players have minds like elephants! They never forget. It's not about just winning all the time. Nate had his lights knocked out on a dirty play. HE DIDN'T get to play in game 7 & take part in the play on the ice. He got something taken away from him that never should've happened to begin with. Bank on it that Horts will want redemptation!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Nitemare:  Being a punk is a HUGE difference than being a malicious, career-ending type player.  Thats my only issue with some of the names in this mix.  One of the dirtiest players in the game is Ovechkin in my opinion.  Avery is an ANGEL compared to him, but people single out Avery for being a punk.  The guy is not a malicious player who tries to put guys in the hospital:  Ovechkin is.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]
    You're 100 % correct on that statement Big. However; neither type of player gets my respect when they pull those stunts! I find both antics cheap. Matt Cooke is both! I agree that Ovie crosses that line at times as well; but there's far worse than him.

Angel & Avery will NEVER go together from my mouth. No matter who you're trying to describe as being worse. One thing I will give Avery. He does back up some of his garbage he throws. I loathe the idiot; but I respect him moreso in the sense that he will allow someone to try & pay the bas tard back.  The perfect hockey guy who recently played the agitating role & backed his mouth up with his fist. Mat Barnaby! Hated that guy with a passion; but for a guy of his size to fight Big Z 3 different times & survived every time gets the big R from me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

See, Ive got no issues with those guys.  If you play tough, agitate, yap & back it up, I have absolutely no issues with those guys.  Dont get me wrong, I really dont like Avery's antics.  They go a hair too far in my opinion at times (like hitting Thomas in the head, I mean, whats the point?) but he doesnt back down.  He picks his spots, etc., but so do other players that we love.  I always liked Barnaby.  I thought he must have been a great teammate and he never backed down.  TONS of respect for him and I would have loved to see him with the Bruins.

I dont like the crap Marchand pulls, but Ive got absolutely no issue with him.  Love his game:  He is a TRUE gamer in ever sense of the word.  I hope he never changes and plays a long and healthy career here.  Its guys like him that can REALLY change a game.  Just watch some of the finals games:  Marchand single-handedly swung the momentum our way.  He might step on the line every once in a while, but I have yet to see him cross it.  And he doesnt hide behind his teammates like so many other guys (PK, Lappy, Burrows).  Ive got no problems with what Ive seen from him so far and quite the opposite:  I LOVE his game.  He gets under peoples skin, causing them to make stupid plays and take stupid penalties.  It throws them off their game plan and allows him to control the game.  Thats a great player.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

See, Ive got no issues with those guys.  If you play tough, agitate, yap & back it up, I have absolutely no issues with those guys.  Dont get me wrong, I really dont like Avery's antics.  They go a hair too far in my opinion at times (like hitting Thomas in the head, I mean, whats the point?) but he doesnt back down.  He picks his spots, etc., but so do other players that we love.  I always liked Barnaby.  I thought he must have been a great teammate and he never backed down.  TONS of respect for him and I would have loved to see him with the Bruins. I dont like the crap Marchand pulls, but Ive got absolutely no issue with him.  Love his game:  He is a TRUE gamer in ever sense of the word.  I hope he never changes and plays a long and healthy career here.  Its guys like him that can REALLY change a game.  Just watch some of the finals games:  Marchand single-handedly swung the momentum our way.  He might step on the line every once in a while, but I have yet to see him cross it.  And he doesnt hide behind his teammates like so many other guys (PK, Lappy, Burrows).  Ive got no problems with what Ive seen from him so far and quite the opposite:  I LOVE his game.  He gets under peoples skin, causing them to make stupid plays and take stupid penalties.  It throws them off their game plan and allows him to control the game.  Thats a great player.
    Posted by bigvig

big,

I really liked Barnaby as well.  dude was simply crazy but had some skill, played hard and really took players off their game and fought anyone. 
    I like Marchands game.  I don't like his antics.  I will agree to disagree on the fact he backs it up.  He simply doesnt.  He backs it up with his play but when you have Chara/Lucic/Horton/Thorton/Campy/AM/AF to stick up for you its easy to get away with the BS he pulls.
    I don't expect him to drop the gloves b/c the insurance plan on that nose would have the team go belly up.  But I don't see how people says he backs it up.  Players know who will and wont fight.  I mean Ruutu is a prime example and even he fights more. 
    Marchand is a gritty pest with skill.  When someone takes him out (and they will) I dont wanna hear people say that guys is disgusting or a dirty player.  Marchand has it coming.  And if he can give it he better be able to take it. 
    I do agree he is a very good player.  Hard to argue with a stanley cup champ and a player who was likely the best skater in the series for either squad.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most Wanted : big, I really liked Barnaby as well.  dude was simply crazy but had some skill, played hard and really took players off their game and fought anyone.  I like Marchands game.  I don't like his antics.  I will agree to disagree on the fact he backs it up.  He simply doesnt.  He backs it up with his play but when you have Chara/Lucic/Horton/Thorton/Campy/AM/AF to stick up for you its easy to get away with the BS he pulls. I don't expect him to drop the gloves b/c the insurance plan on that nose would have the team go belly up.  But I don't see how people says he backs it up.  Players know who will and wont fight.  I mean Ruutu is a prime example and even he fights more.  Marchand is a gritty pest with skill.  When someone takes him out (and they will) I dont wanna hear people say that guys is disgusting or a dirty player.  Marchand has it coming.  And if he can give it he better be able to take it.  I do agree he is a very good player.  Hard to argue with a stanley cup champ and a player who was likely the best skater in the series for either squad.
    And yet you continue to try...........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most Wanted : And yet you continue to try...........

No I dont.  I am trying to point out that our po op stinks like any other team with players that are similar.  But like I pointed out.  Its hockey!  Why are we crying about their guys and wanting blood.  Hits happen in hockey, cheap shot and little rats will always be there.  We give we take.  End of story. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

The difference between Avery and Barnaby to me is two things...First, though Baraby could play a bit, is Avery is a much better player. 2. Avery is the best at getting under players skin, but at times he goes too far and does it at the expense of his team. King of the stupid untimely penalty, whic is too bad, because he is a pretty good player, actually can play on a second power play unit. He is what he is. Whether you agree or disagree as to wether it belongs in the game these antics will always be there, and I have to say, Marchand did a good job of it last year, specifically with the Sedins...That video of the two lining up for a face off and Marchand just giving him the business and Sedin doing nothing, sticks out..To me, either another Canuck has to make Marchand pay, or Sedin has to deliver a two hand chop to Marchand, especialy when the game was out of hand. You cannot have your star player being picked on by a agitator without consequences..

Perfect example...last years playoffs, Dany Heatley had finally had enough of Ryan Clowe pushing him around decided to give him a chop..He got a penalty for it, but I almost admired him for doing it.He fianally said enough is enough. Thomas did the same with Burrows last year, sometimes you just gotta give it back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bear-in-the-woods. Show bear-in-the-woods's posts

I always get the feeling no one actually wants to fight Marchand. I kept seeing players get in his face after the play but never give him a glove in his face or try to get him to fight. I also get the feeling that Marchand would throw down with anyone, he's that crazy. He never turtles or skates away, he doesn't start stuff when the refs come in. He always stands his ground waiting for someone to actually challenge him and it never seems to happen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]See, Ive got no issues with those guys.  If you play tough, agitate, yap & back it up, I have absolutely no issues with those guys.  Dont get me wrong, I really dont like Avery's antics.  They go a hair too far in my opinion at times (like hitting Thomas in the head, I mean, whats the point?) but he doesnt back down.  He picks his spots, etc., but so do other players that we love.  I always liked Barnaby.  I thought he must have been a great teammate and he never backed down.  TONS of respect for him and I would have loved to see him with the Bruins. I dont like the crap Marchand pulls, but Ive got absolutely no issue with him.  Love his game:  He is a TRUE gamer in ever sense of the word.  I hope he never changes and plays a long and healthy career here.  Its guys like him that can REALLY change a game.  Just watch some of the finals games:  Marchand single-handedly swung the momentum our way.  He might step on the line every once in a while, but I have yet to see him cross it.  And he doesnt hide behind his teammates like so many other guys (PK, Lappy, Burrows).  Ive got no problems with what Ive seen from him so far and quite the opposite:  I LOVE his game.  He gets under peoples skin, causing them to make stupid plays and take stupid penalties.  It throws them off their game plan and allows him to control the game.  Thats a great player.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]
    I love BM's game!!  I was the one who started a thread earlier this summer about him being in the top 3 clutch players in the past 39 yrs. So; I think highly of his skills. I'm just with Shupe on the antics. Wiping your hands clean & taking golf swings is not only punkish; it's disrespectful & classless! That's my issue with Brad! I don't care about the yapping. I did it as a goalie & it helped keep me focused. I understand that's part of the game. I also understand that just because you yap doesn't mean you'll fight. Just don't act tougher than you are! That's my biggest issue with Subban! Maxine Lap dog is just that! Someone who barks & barks & acts so ferocious but you can pick up & kick it like a football & no more Lap dog!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]I always get the feeling no one actually wants to fight Marchand. I kept seeing players get in his face after the play but never give him a glove in his face or try to get him to fight. I also get the feeling that Marchand would throw down with anyone, he's that crazy. He never turtles or skates away, he doesn't start stuff when the refs come in. He always stands his ground waiting for someone to actually challenge him and it never seems to happen.
    Posted by bear-in-the-woods[/QUOTE]

I am assuming you have never watched his junior career or hit the link with his fight card.  He is a pest. sedin fighting him makes how much sense.  Someone will eventually grab a hold of him.  He is not a fighter.  Instigator rule.  Hello!
    No one wants to fight him? What is he Tim Brent

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Most Wanted : I am assuming you have never watched his junior career or hit the link with his fight card.  He is a pest. sedin fighting him makes how much sense.  Someone will eventually grab a hold of him.  He is not a fighter.  Instigator rule.  Hello! No one wants to fight him? What is he Tim Brent
    Posted by shuperman

Ahhh, you son-of-a...I leave this thread for two days and then come back to this post??

Marchand fights just as much as that coward, Raffi Torres.

But I have to agree, nobody is afraid to fight Marchand.  Give me a break.  If someone that size slashed me in beer league I'd probably fight them.  Marchand is starting out very similar to the way Alex Burrows did (as much as that pains me to say).  They're actually very similar players, except I think Marchand is a bit tougher.  But, I think it could be a tough year for Marchand in that he may have to cash some of the checks he ran around writing last year.  Hope he handles is well.  Some people are going to come calling for him and I don't see linemates Bergeron or Peverly stepping in to take those fights.

Shupe's not as controversial as he thinks he is with all the contrarian stuff.  Granted, the people calling for blood instead of wanting the Bruins to win games are foolish, but most people on this thread are just throwing together an innocent little list of people they would like to see get walloped by a Bruins player next year.

A good topic, and I can think of about 12.  Do other team's fans want to see Bruins players get nailed?  Of course.  Who cares.  Good thread.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I saw a great little exchange between a reporter and the great Ian Laperierre a couple years ago after an Avs game against Vancouver, in regards to Alex Burrows.

(Paraphrasing)
    Reporter:  "What did you think of Alex Burrows out there?"
    Lappy: "He's a punk.  Someone is going to teach him a lesson soon."
    Reporter: "Did that happen to you in your first couple years in the league"
    Lappy: "Oh yeah"
    Reporter: "Who taught you a lesson?"
    Lappy: "Who didn't?  Have you seen my face?"

Let's hope for the same for Burrows.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most Wanted : Ahhh, you son-of-a...I leave this thread for two days and then come back to this post?? Marchand fights just as much as that coward, Raffi Torres. But I have to agree, nobody is afraid to fight Marchand.  Give me a break.  If someone that size slashed me in beer league I'd probably fight them.  Marchand is starting out very similar to the way Alex Burrows did (as much as that pains me to say).  They're actually very similar players, except I think Marchand is a bit tougher.  But, I think it could be a tough year for Marchand in that he may have to cash some of the checks he ran around writing last year.  Hope he handles is well.  Some people are going to come calling for him and I don't see linemates Bergeron or Peverly stepping in to take those fights. Shupe's not as controversial as he thinks he is with all the contrarian stuff.  Granted, the people calling for blood instead of wanting the Bruins to win games are foolish, but most people on this thread are just throwing together an innocent little list of people they would like to see get walloped by a Bruins player next year. A good topic, and I can think of about 12.  Do other team's fans want to see Bruins players get nailed?  Of course.  Who cares.  Good thread.  
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

It was a harmless list.  I was also being harmless and we see where that went. 

Raffi fights more than Marchand.  Raffi isnt a good fighter and wasnt claiming he was.  But fighting and Marchand should never be in the same sentence.  And the same things Lapierre said about Burrows holds true with Marchand.  I hope he calms it down a bit. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most Wanted : It was a harmless list.  I was also being harmless and we see where that went.  Raffi fights more than Marchand.  Raffi isnt a good fighter and wasnt claiming he was.  But fighting and Marchand should never be in the same sentence.  And the same things Lapierre said about Burrows holds true with Marchand.  I hope he calms it down a bit. 

Yeah, that's pretty much my point.  Marchand will have to either tone it down or stick up for himself more often.

And please don't confuse Laperierre with Lapierre.  They couldn't be more different...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bochi6. Show bochi6's posts

Bring Ulf Samuellson out of retirement and then throw Neely out there to implement a beatdown

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most Wanted : Yeah, that's pretty much my point.  Marchand will have to either tone it down or stick up for himself more often. And please don't confuse Laperierre with Lapierre.  They couldn't be more different...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Oops. That would be possibly the biggest misread ever.  Laperierre complete warrior.  Met him at Glen Murrays wedding.  Lapierre is almost as hated as Cooke.  In fact he would be 1a.  I really dislike him. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Perfect example...last years playoffs, Dany Heatley had finally had enough of Ryan Clowe pushing him around decided to give him a chop..He got a penalty for it, but I almost admired him for doing it.He fianally said enough is enough. Thomas did the same with Burrows last year, sometimes you just gotta give it back.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Am I missing something here ?  They both played for the Sharks, n'est pas ?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Yawn... You've never played hockey blah blah blah. Bruins won the cup, that's the ultimate revenge. You want to fight him? Fine fight. Play hard hockey and make his life miserable. No need to go out and try to hurt someone or target someone. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Sorry if I missed it as I only scanned through these posts but I did not see anyone mention Randy Jones.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry if I missed it as I only scanned through these posts but I did not see anyone mention Randy Jones.
    Posted by MrVmax[/QUOTE]
    As bad as the outcome was, I don't think there was any malicious intent on the Jones hit. Bergeron is my favourite player and I still felt bad seeing Jones choke back tears in the post game interviews. He obviously felt bad about it and didn't try to shun any responsibilty for what happenned. Ironically enough, I've since become friends with Randy and he is genuinely a real good guy. He's better than me at both real and video hockey.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most Wanted : As bad as the outcome was, I don't think there was any malicious intent on the Jones hit. Bergeron is my favourite player and I still felt bad seeing Jones choke back tears in the post game interviews. He obviously felt bad about it and didn't try to shun any responsibilty for what happenned. Ironically enough, I've since become friends with Randy and he is genuinely a real good guy. He's better than me at both real and video hockey.

dez how about todd bertuzzi for most wanted. that loser is still in the league. i wouldn't mind seeing him get what's owed to him.