MVP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FerenceONpoint. Show FerenceONpoint's posts

MVP

Reports saying Crosby will sit until March.  I think this pretty much locks him out of MVP consideration.  Right?  (I mean, unless he comes back and performs miracles in the final 12 games of the season, like score a goal while performing surgery on an injured baby...)

So in my (East Coast Bias) opinion, the MVP race now comes down to a clear two-man race: Stamkos vs. Thomas.

I think as long as Stamkos remains consistant (no major slumps) he'll walk away with it.  But if he stumbles through a mini slump, and Thomas finishes the year with the numbers he has right now, I think it will be mighty close.

For Timmy to win, it also has a lot to do with where the Bruins finish in the standings.  If we're not in the top 2 or 3, that almost automatically kills it for him.

Obviously, there are others to concider out West -- Daniel Sedin could pass Stamkos in points.  But if Stamkos and D.Sedin are neck and neck in point totals, I think that helps Timmy Thomas' chances.  Those two forwards might cancel each other out in some people's minds, putting Thomas over the top.

Also Brad Richards needs concideration for carrying the Stars, but his numbers don't hold a candle to Stamkos/Sedin.

And in Detroit, its just too much of a complete team effort for any one person to be concidered MVP.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Re: MVP

This is by no means a shot at TT, but IMO Miller was more important to the 2009-2010 Sabres than TT is to the 2010-2011 Bruins. While TT has better stats than Miller had last year, Buffalo didnt score many goals unlike the Bruins have this year. Bostons overall roster is way more talented than Buffalo's last year.

After seeing Miller not even get nominated for the Hart last year, I think it will be a while before we see another goalie win the Hart. It's pretty obvious that voters are against it. They see it as the goalies having their own award.

I think Stamkos wins it

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Re: MVP

Give it to Stamkos now