My heart says yes, my head says... maybe.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

My heart says yes, my head says... maybe.

Regardless of the outcome, I am proud of what the Bruins have done this year.

That said, they face an uphill battle in Vancouver...

First, there are the historical statistics (President's trophy winners, home ice for Game 7, etc.)

Then, you have a goaltender eager to bounce back from another humiliation on the road and finally silence the critics.

Plus, a couple of superstars who were expected to make a difference and, so far, haven't done much except whine and embellish.

And, a team struggling with injuries possibly drawing motivation from yet another tough hit to the roster.

Finally, with just one game to play, they have a whole country supporting them!

So my heart says GO BRUINS, but now tell me why my head should believe?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Re: My heart says yes, my head says... maybe.

In Response to My heart says yes, my head says... maybe.:
    [QUOTE]Regardless of the outcome, I am proud of what the Bruins have done this year. That said, they face an uphill battle in Vancouver... First, there are the historical statistics (President's trophy winners, home ice for Game 7, etc.) Then, you have a goaltender eager to bounce back from another humiliation on the road and finally silence the critics. Plus, a couple of superstars who were expected to make a difference and, so far, haven't done much except whine and embellish. And, a team struggling with injuries possibly drawing motivation from yet another tough hit to the roster. Finally, with just one game to play, they have a whole country supporting them! So my heart says GO BRUINS, but now tell me why my head should believe?
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

We definitely DO NOT have "a whole country supporting us".  Many, many Canadians will ONLY support their own team, and hate the Canucks.  Thus is the depth of passion of Canadian hockey, in that if their team can't win the Cup, they don't want any other Canadian team to win, so that they get bragging rights. 

Don't believe me?  Just go to the cbc.ca discussions, and see how many Canuck-haters there are, then click on their profile to find out where they're from. Many from Alberta, many from Ontario.  Typically, they're the teams that the Canucks have been beating on for the last half dozen or so years. 

So, while it would be nice if hockey fans from coast to coast to coast supported the Canucks, 'tis not so.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Bruins are going to win there is no way they play as bad as game 5 and they only lost by ONE goal.
    Luongo is gona love seeing thomas win the con smyth, cup, and veznia hows that for you fluffing tires?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

My nerves are frayed, and it's 14-1/2 hours until game time.  I can't imagine what the players are going through.  It is surreal that the winner of tonight's game wins the Stanley Cup.  I have been bracing for an end of the playoffs since the Game 2 loss to the Canadiens. 

Go Bruins!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beesbear. Show beesbear's posts

I live in Canada and I've been a Bruins fan all my life, 52 years of being a Bruin,and I'm not alone , I have my Boston Bruin flag outside my house and Jersey's in all my front windows and very proud of it, no matter what happen's tonight , it was one hell of a ride and I thank all the players who made this year what it is, a hella of a game, now lets go and win this thing, GO BRUINS GO!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gordnfld. Show gordnfld's posts

In Response to Re: My heart says yes, my head says... maybe.:
    [QUOTE]I live in Canada and I've been a Bruins fan all my life, 52 years of being a Bruin,and I'm not alone , I have my Boston Bruin flag outside my house and Jersey's in all my front windows and very proud of it, no matter what happen's tonight , it was one hell of a ride and I thank all the players who made this year what it is, a hella of a game, now lets go and win this thing, GO BRUINS GO!!!!!!
    Posted by beesbear[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gordnfld. Show gordnfld's posts

Bruins will win tonite  thomas the better goalie in the end goaltending always the difference 
    Ryder scores the winning goal   GO BRuins GO

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Bruins play their game and win 2-1...enjoy, this doesn't come around that often.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErnestoGiove. Show ErnestoGiove's posts

First five minutes. If the Bruins score first, then let Vancouver do it all. Pressure from thier fans, they'll pinch to tie it up, B's will be ready. Vancouver ona  roll at home, home teams won every game - take them stats and throw them. This is Game 7. Bruises, cuts, breaks - there is no tomorrow, there is no next time. Shut them down, play Bruiins hockey and the rest will come.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to My heart says yes, my head says... maybe. : We definitely DO NOT have "a whole country supporting us".  Many, many Canadians will ONLY support their own team, and hate the Canucks.  Thus is the depth of passion of Canadian hockey, in that if their team can't win the Cup, they don't want any other Canadian team to win, so that they get bragging rights.  Don't believe me?  Just go to the cbc.ca discussions, and see how many Canuck-haters there are, then click on their profile to find out where they're from. Many from Alberta, many from Ontario.  Typically, they're the teams that the Canucks have been beating on for the last half dozen or so years.  So, while it would be nice if hockey fans from coast to coast to coast supported the Canucks, 'tis not so.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Good post 49.  If only the CBC, and certain Canadian advertisers could figure that out.  As a Canadian, non Canuck fan, I'm appalled to think that these dorks seem to think they're talking to the masses, when in fact they're disgusting at least 50% of the audience with their ridiculous homerism. 
    As a hockey fan, I expect a certain degree of broadcast professionalism.  You can't be one bit professional, if you're blindly biased.  That's a disgrace...especially in the epicenter of the sport?  As much as it's a disgrace though...it's mind boggling stupidity !
    Boston is an original 6 team, and has always had a strong fan base in Canada.  Coupled with your valid point regarding many other Canadian fan bases cheering against Vancouver, and those commited Canadian fans who care little about either team................I submit, they make up at least half of our Canadian population.  Cripes, even the Canucks know that !
    Why would the business world...and the CBC, knowingly tick off half the population? 

Because they're too stupid to realize it. 

They actually think they're sucking up to every living Canadian. 

Isn't it comforting to know that an institution...only in existence because it needs boatloads of taxpayer money
    to survive.....is that out of touch.  Same for some of these exalted national advertisers.

This is not the Olympics, this is not about bringing the cup home, this is about 2 teams, predominantly made up of Canadians. The Bruins incidentally, more so than than the Canucks, playing a very entertaining game.
    Don't insult my intelligence by trying to instill some kind of bogus national significance in this.  For heavens sake...it's a freakin game !
    If you live in PEI, Newfoundland or nova Scotia for example, the only way the cup is "coming home", is if the B's win it.
     Vancouverites, and the rest of Canada should be ashamed of our so called "national" broadcaster.  Vancouver fans don't need the validation of the CBC, Scotia or Royal Bank, or any of the other out of touch Canadian advertisers.
    The rest of us don't either.  I'm surprised CBC doesn't have a segment outlining Via Rail's take on all this.
    Even Don Cherry, only on there to stir up crap....seems to get it. 
    When he's the high water mark for balanced coverage, most 8 year olds would comprehend something is completely whacked.
    As Canadians, we're supposed to KNOW hockey.  We're supposed to be above this elementary school crap.  We're supposed to set the standard.

We used to.

Foster Hewitt and Danny Galivan would not be amused.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from newfiewhaler. Show newfiewhaler's posts

There's not one true Canucks' fan in Newfoundland. There are thousands upon thousands of Bruins' fans who have been cheering for their team for decades. I don't like this "whole Country cheering for the Canucks" thing because it is simply not true. I have a Bruins' flag flying proudly in front of my house. Believe it or not, my High School band (80 kids) marched around the school last week chanting "Bruuuuuuuuuuuu....iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiins". Five members of the staff wear their Bruins' jerseys proudly - not one Vancouver jersey seen. Bonavista (Michael Ryder's home) has a school full of kids with Bruins' colours on today. So yeah, sure, there are many Canadians cheering for the Canucks because of the Canadian thing but, I assure you, the real fans here belong to the BRUINS.

Man am I nervous!! Go Bruins!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Some of the best minds first have to have the experience of emotion or heart.  They are one, heart creates the motivation, the head executes the tasks.  Most hypothesis are made that way.  So, my heart says the Bs will win, the mind says that will to win and a solid defense will be the determining factor.  The answer is obvious, I am a Bs fan.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StiHacka. Show StiHacka's posts

I am with BadHabitude - a win today is an icing on the cake. I will be a little disappointed if the Cup does not fly to Boston tonight, but man, what a ride this has been so far! I am not sure how to fill the void when the season is finally over. Go Bruins!

PS: They are already my winners but they are going to add one more win tonight.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

To me, it's as simple as: IF the Bruins can't win one out of 4 in Vancouver, they don't deserve the Cup.

Personally, I think they'll get the win. They've been too good throughout these playoffs to fail here. That said, in a game 7, bad officiating (powerplay goal) or weird bounce off a Bruins player into our own net would really stink. But those things are out of the B's control.....and hopefully don't determine the outcome tonight.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

CANADIANS PROBABLY PREFER THE bRUINS" STYLE. Sorry about the caps. the Bruins are too proud to flop. They play old-school hockey. If the Nyuks players were Bruins, I wouldn't cheer for them. Not if they played that style. We like Bruins hockey, and the new players adjust to our style. Kelly, Peverly, Horton have fit right in. Boston teams don't trash talk, and I think they get that from each other. I think the Bruins are the better team, and we all expect them to win. We're not going to watch the game expecting them to lose, that's for sure.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to My heart says yes, my head says... maybe. : We definitely DO NOT have "a whole country supporting us".  Many, many Canadians will ONLY support their own team, and hate the Canucks.  Thus is the depth of passion of Canadian hockey, in that if their team can't win the Cup, they don't want any other Canadian team to win, so that they get bragging rights.  Don't believe me?  Just go to the cbc.ca discussions, and see how many Canuck-haters there are, then click on their profile to find out where they're from. Many from Alberta, many from Ontario.  Typically, they're the teams that the Canucks have been beating on for the last half dozen or so years.  So, while it would be nice if hockey fans from coast to coast to coast supported the Canucks, 'tis not so.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]It isn't just about the Canucks beating the other teams IMHO. It is about the weird hybrid cross of serial diving and flopping combined with a lot of very chippy play.

Some of it is that hockey has very local-bias fan following, similar to baseball but more exaggerated. But some of it is they are team that only a home town fan could like.

I couldn't get why so many Kings fans were rooting for the Sharks who just schooled the Kings. Then I turned into this series and before you could munch on finger and waive yours in an opponents face, by the 10th time a Sedin hit the ice appear to have been shot by M-16 after having been barely checked I got it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeCanKnockTheBruins. Show WeCanKnockTheBruins's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maddog2020. Show maddog2020's posts

Seguin nets the winner - breakaway!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]To me, it's as simple as: IF the Bruins can't win one out of 4 in Vancouver, they don't deserve the Cup. Personally, I think they'll get the win. They've been too good throughout these playoffs to fail here. That said, in a game 7, bad officiating (powerplay goal) or weird bounce off a Bruins player into our own net would really stink. But those things are out of the B's control.....and hopefully don't determine the outcome tonight.
    Posted by 4everbruins[/QUOTE]

I agree with the poster that my heart says yes but my head says maybe or probably not - why?

- Parent stands on his head in '74 to steal the Cup from the Bruins
    - the too many men on the ice goal in '79 against Montreal that they lost in ot
    - in '84 they win the Adams but lose to Montreal in 3 straight
    - Klima's goal in 3OT in the Stanley Cup Final in '90 (88 was okay because that was unexpected and they were playing a dynasty)
    - Neely's injury against Pittsburgh in '91 - Bruins lose 4 straight and Penguins win the Cup
    - in '02 they are first seed in the east but lose to 8th seed Montreal
    - in '04 they lose to Montreal after leading the series 3-1
    - in '08 they take Montreal to 7 but lose
    - in '09 they lose in 7 to Carolina in the 2nd round
    - last year - the collapse to Philly

When game 7 against Montreal went to ot I was prepared for them to lose.  When the Bruins scored it was surreal.  I think the situation will be even more that way tonight if they will.  I will have to pinch myself to see if I am dreaming.  It has been so long and there have been so many disappointments.  I want to believe but I am struggling ................

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]To me, it's as simple as: IF the Bruins can't win one out of 4 in Vancouver, they don't deserve the Cup. Personally, I think they'll get the win. They've been too good throughout these playoffs to fail here. That said, in a game 7, bad officiating (powerplay goal) or weird bounce off a Bruins player into our own net would really stink. But those things are out of the B's control.....and hopefully don't determine the outcome tonight.
    Posted by 4everbruins[/QUOTE]

I do agree however that if they can't win one game in Vancouver, that the better team has won and we need to feel positive for what the Bruins have accomplished.  This is how I hope to put my disappointment in perspective if they can't win tonight.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

In Response to My heart says yes, my head says... maybe.:
    [QUOTE]Regardless of the outcome, I am proud of what the Bruins have done this year. That said, they face an uphill battle in Vancouver... First, there are the historical statistics (President's trophy winners, home ice for Game 7, etc.) Then, you have a goaltender eager to bounce back from another humiliation on the road and finally silence the critics. Plus, a couple of superstars who were expected to make a difference and, so far, haven't done much except whine and embellish. And, a team struggling with injuries possibly drawing motivation from yet another tough hit to the roster. Finally, with just one game to play, they have a whole country supporting them! So my heart says GO BRUINS, but now tell me why my head should believe?
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

Funny you say that, 'cause the past 3 Stanley Cup winners did it on the road. Detroit did it in Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh did in Detroit, and Chicago did it last year in Philly.