My prayers have been answered!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

My prayers have been answered!

The goon is in the press box.

Stay there, you skating clown.  There is hockey to be played.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Re: My prayers have been answered!

Hey we may agree on something!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

ROFL  ,  it's about time !!!  I've been waiting even since it was confirmed Bergy (you don't mind I call him like that, right?) would be in the line up.
    You waited for the actual game lineup ?  Did you think Paille would have been a scratch ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

While I agree he should be the one sitting, I hate the fact he gets called a goon/clown. He brings alot to the table that no doubt escapes the eye of the uneducated hockey fan. He means alot to that team and that is a fact.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

In Response to Re: My prayers have been answered!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My prayers have been answered! : You think you're an idiot also?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Of course you have to comeback with the insults.  The game is starting I will go watch while you go cry to your mom!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]While I agree he should be the one sitting, I hate the fact he gets called a goon/clown. He brings alot to the table that no doubt escapes the eye of the uneducated hockey fan. He means alot to that team and that is a fact.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Such as (aside from being a good guy)?

I am not being beligerent, just curious.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Billy-Chapel. Show Billy-Chapel's posts

In Response to My prayers have been answered!:
    [QUOTE]The goon is in the press box. Stay there, you skating clown.  There is hockey to be played.

Cmon man have a little respect for the guy. i mean we can all agree thats hes not offensively talented nor is he the best skater. but he is the emotional leader in the locker room, hes a good veteran to have in the locker room, not to mention hes 1 of 2 guys on the team that has won a cup.  so yes it is prob the best decision to have him sit down but give the guy a little respect. he works his as.s off for the Bruins - filling his role. he knows all this and does his role pretty well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

He was the right guy against the Flyers, but not the Lightning.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]He was the right guy against the Flyers, but not the Lightning.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

That I can accept as an argument....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Couldnt agree more.  Better late than never.  Honestly thought he would remove Paille. 

So nice having 3 players who can play on our 4th line.  Already made a huge difference tonight

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My prayers have been answered! : Of course you have to comeback with the insults.  The game is starting I will go watch while you go cry to your mom!
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE]

Yes did you watch TT get another SO ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Looks like the boys did pretty well without the goon tonight.  In fact, he wasn't missed for one second. 

Keep the Clown in the pressbox.  He's useless on the ice!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: My prayers have been answered!:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My prayers have been answered! : Of course you have to comeback with the insults.  The game is starting I will go watch while you go cry to your mom!
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE]

Ok now you're reporting people Lucaooo ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neely07708. Show Neely07708's posts

Thornton is a great fit for the team, he handles the press and all the crap as well as anyone in that dressing room.

His character and personality shouldn't be qestioned, his team mates respect him, players around the league respect hime, and he knows and delivers his role to this team without hesitation! 

Yes, he was the person that needed to sit tonight.   However calling him a clown when he all he does is deliver leadership and respect game in and game out is ridiculous!  

He is what he is and I'm happy that the Bruins have Shawn Thornton filling those shoes!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neely07708. Show Neely07708's posts

why haven't I ignored not-a-shot full of snot earlier

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Thornton is a great fit for the team, he handles the press and all the crap as well as anyone in that dressing room. His character and personality shouldn't be qestioned, his team mates respect him, players around the league respect hime, and he knows and delivers his role to this team without hesitation!  Yes, he was the person that needed to sit tonight.   However calling him a clown when he all he does is deliver leadership and respect game in and game out is ridiculous!   He is what he is and I'm happy that the Bruins have Shawn Thornton filling those shoes!
    Posted by Neely07708[/QUOTE]

Thorton does play his role well.  But he has no place in this lineup unless another team dresses a skating clown.  Our 4th line made a huge difference.  No way he draws back in unless there is an injury. 
    Van and SJ have no clown.  meaning no Thorton.  TBay has no clown.  No Thorton.  Its pretty simple.  This entire team is tough.  we don't need him clogging up space on the bench.  Regular season I can see it.  Playoffs.  Not so much. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]He was the right guy against the Flyers, but not the Lightning.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

What good did he do against Philly?

I'm sure someone will go with the "he kept their guys honest" routine.  He doesn't keep anyone honest.  No one is afraid of Shawn Thornton, except maybe Roman Hamrlik...and Thornton couldn't even keep him honest.

I'm sure Daniel Carcillo didn't change his gameplan because Thornton was...on the bench taking up space.  So, someone help me out here.  Why was Thornton a good fit?

Was it his magical leadership?  Great.  Put him in a suit and let him talk to the players between periods.  Why was Thornton a good fit for the Philly series?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Ben Eager was goon-central last night for San Jose.

Of course, they lost by 4 goals and he took a bunch of stupid penalties...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Eager is the exact reason you don't dress one.  He lost a hockey game for his team.  Thorton is much more composed than that knob though. He is a terrible fighter.  We have 5 guys that will kick the snot outta him.  But that won't happne until next year b/c SJ is going down.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadrackcas. Show Shadrackcas's posts

All you see and all you can report on is what you see on the ice.  What happens behind closed doors you have no clue.  You don't know what role he fullfills.  You don't know why teams keep him on board.   Unless you are a coach or player on the team you have no real idea. You are guessing.  You have posted over 5000 times in a year and a half?  Wow.  You have a lot to say.  I kind of skim read you though because it is the same type of drivel repeated over and over.  Smarter people than you decided to play him for some reason.  Seems to have worked.  We are in the third round.  You can't say that we would have gotten here without him.  What you can say is that he played some type of role in getting this team somewhere they haven't been for a long time.  What role?  Only the people in the room know.
    Not you.
    So lay off already.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Eager is the exact reason you don't dress one.  He lost a hockey game for his team.  Thorton is much more composed than that knob though. He is a terrible fighter.  We have 5 guys that will kick the snot outta him.  But that won't happne until next year b/c SJ is going down.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

The sad thing is I'm actually rooting for San Jose.  Lapierre and Burrows on the same team makes my skin crawl.  And as great as the Sedin twins are (amazing) I find them really irritating to watch.  Reminds me too much of soccer.

I hope the Sharks at least make it a series.  To do that, Eager needs to be in the pressbox.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]All you see and all you can report on is what you see on the ice.  What happens behind closed doors you have no clue.  You don't know what role he fullfills.  You don't know why teams keep him on board.   Unless you are a coach or player on the team you have no real idea. You are guessing.  You have posted over 5000 times in a year and a half?  Wow.  You have a lot to say.  I kind of skim read you though because it is the same type of drivel repeated over and over.  Smarter people than you decided to play him for some reason.  Seems to have worked.  We are in the third round.  You can't say that we would have gotten here without him.  What you can say is that he played some type of role in getting this team somewhere they haven't been for a long time.  What role?  Only the people in the room know. Not you. So lay off already.
    Posted by Shadrackcas[/QUOTE]

I will mention a positive Thorton moment.  Seguin indicated that Thorton was one of the guys who kept telling him positives. I believe it was in his interview after the game. 
    Anyway, he does handle the media well and plays the role in the regular season.  But once the playoffs come, fighting ends.  How many fights for our Bruins in the playoffs? 
    Thorton is exactly where he should be.  I actually give CJ some credit.  I thought Paille would be out.

We can't say anything about where we would have been b/c we don't have the alternate ending on the dvd.  Had Bergie not been hurt we would have never seen Seguin.  What if Seguin played over Thorton against Montreal?  Or Philly? 

I don't hate the guy.  I just think he has no place being on the ice.  He offers nothing in terms of hockey skill

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My prayers have been answered! : The sad thing is I'm actually rooting for San Jose.  Lapierre and Burrows on the same team makes my skin crawl.  And as great as the Sedin twins are (amazing) I find them really irritating to watch.  Reminds me too much of soccer. I hope the Sharks at least make it a series.  To do that, Eager needs to be in the pressbox.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Fletch we beat them once this year.  Chara shut down the Gazoo Twins.  We can play the physcial style they do.  I worry about special teams again.  And I worry about team speed.  Van is making avery very good SJ team look avg.

I hate Lapierre almost as much as Cooke. 

Love me some Torres.  I think no one wants Torres in the finals.  I will be a hit if thats the case. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My prayers have been answered! : I will mention a positive Thorton moment.  Seguin indicated that Thorton was one of the guys who kept telling him positives. I believe it was in his interview after the game.  Anyway, he does handle the media well and plays the role in the regular season.  But once the playoffs come, fighting ends.  How many fights for our Bruins in the playoffs?  Thorton is exactly where he should be.  I actually give CJ some credit.  I thought Paille would be out. We can't say anything about where we would have been b/c we don't have the alternate ending on the dvd.  Had Bergie not been hurt we would have never seen Seguin.  What if Seguin played over Thorton against Montreal?  Or Philly?  I don't hate the guy.  I just think he has no place being on the ice.  He offers nothing in terms of hockey skill
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Be that as it may your original post in this thread is the best one here. The b's do not need an "Eager Moment."

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In Response to My prayers have been answered!:
    [QUOTE]The goon is in the press box. Stay there, you skating clown.  There is hockey to be played.

How many NHL games have you played? Thornton has played 369.
    Julien and Chiarelli seem to find him good enough to play for the Bruins, but maybe you know more about hockey, than they do.
    I don't spend a lot of time worrying about 4th line players, but the man scored 10 goals in the NHL this year. The best league in the world.
    He deserves a lot better, than to be called a "clown" by the likes of you.