NAS the GM

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

NAS the GM

OK NAS, you are constantly on here ripping posters trade proposals, calling them stupid and saying this GM would be fired for making that trade etc.  Yet, I don't remember you ever proposing a trade the B's could make.  So, given the premise that Savard is on LTIR for the remainder of the season, let's hear you propose a trade the B's should make in the best interests of the franchise.  Let's give everybody a chance to evaluate your "GM" moves. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: NAS the GM

my guess is nas says trade thornton for a non-clown.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

I'm gonna take a stab at his first move.

Thornton
    for
    Bag of Pucks

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Not that NAS needs my backing but he calls people out for dumb ideas.  Nothing wrong with calling someone out.  Yes we are all entitled to opinions but when you put them on a blog they are open to the public.  I love playing armchair GM.  And NAS has called me out before.  And probably was justified. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't have access to who is available team-by-team, so creating ridiculous trade proposals isn't my thing.  I would love to see the Bruins acquire a high scoring winger and/or a #2 defenseman.  In order to get either, a combination of Krecji, Lucic, Bergeron, Horton, the TOR first round pick and Rask have to be part of the equation.  You have to give to get in this world.

I can tell you that if a top 10 player is on the list of acquisitions, starting out with the Boston 1st pick instead of the Toronto 1st pick is stupid.

I can also tell you that if a player is good enough to put this team over the top to make it a true contender, Wheeler, Ryder, Hamill, Boychuk or Boston's second round pick are not going to be the main compensation going back.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: NAS the GM:
    [QUOTE]Not that NAS needs my backing but he calls people out for dumb ideas.  Nothing wrong with calling someone out.  Yes we are all entitled to opinions but when you put them on a blog they are open to the public.  I love playing armchair GM.  And NAS has called me out before.  And probably was justified. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

It's comcial that people get upset.  They spend half a day doing all of the calculations  on the cap and then propose Wheeler, Hamill, the BOS first round pick and Geoff Ward for Bobby Ryan...and the Anaheim first round pick.

I tell them it's stupid and they cry.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]I don't have access to who is available team-by-team, so creating ridiculous trade proposals isn't my thing.  I would love to see the Bruins acquire a high scoring winger and/or a #2 defenseman.  In order to get either, a combination of Krecji, Lucic, Bergeron, Horton, the TOR first round pick and Rask have to be part of the equation.  You have to give to get in this world. I can tell you that if a top 10 player is on the list of acquisitions, starting out with the Boston 1st pick instead of the Toronto 1st pick is stupid. I can also tell you that if a player is good enough to put this team over the top to make it a true contender, Wheeler, Ryder, Hamill, Boychuk or Boston's second round pick are not going to be the main compensation going back.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

That was safe.  Hard to be critical of any of that. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

NAS

I think I may lose my Raffi gets 20 debate.  Maybe we can trade Lucic and Bergie for Raffi and their 2nd rounder.  The money actually works out if we also take Brashear and Messier's contracts with Torres.  What do you think.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

You need to have GM insider information to make an eduacated guess at what you can get

1- like who is available
    2-how much you can spend
    3-are they under contract, rfa or ufa
    4-can you resign them
    5-going rate for ufa, rfa
    6-what will make the money match
    7-who will trade with you
    8-who are sellers and buyers
    9-players that must be moved

etc etc etc

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]NAS I think I may lose my Raffi gets 20 debate.  Maybe we can trade Lucic and Bergie for Raffi and their 2nd rounder.  The money actually works out if we also take Brashear and Messier's contracts with Torres.  What do you think.

Just because he hasn't scored a goal for the second highest scoring team in the NHL since New Year's Eve doesn't mean he won't catch fire!

The guy only costs $1M.  I would prefer him over Paille or Thornton in any game.  However, let's remember that he's only better than those two because those two are bad NHL hockey players.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Not that NAS needs my backing but he calls people out for dumb ideas.  Nothing wrong with calling someone out.  Yes we are all entitled to opinions but when you put them on a blog they are open to the public.  I love playing armchair GM.  And NAS has called me out before.  And probably was justified. 

Good call Shupe.
    Scooter,  why would you want NAS to be a GM and come up with great ideas ?  He's not the GM and that's why no crazy trade ideas popup in hs comments.
    Other here are make good enough comments concerning trades and he is good at what he comments on , like it or not.  Lot's of NOTS in my comments.
    On my end also it's very rare I'll bring up trade this guy for that guy but I occasionally comment on some that make sense or a bias opinion to suit my own interests (i.e. Souray or Gagne to Boston.  I could add Komisarek but he's just a very bad player ).
    I'de rather talk about the Bruins needs (as Sandog's done) or call everything else e-harmony (thanks Books).
    Although I'm amazed at the stardom NOT as got on this forum along with his followers LOL...  
    message for Mr Shot,  stop chasing the good guys/gals off of this forum. Wink 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NAS the GM : Just because he hasn't scored a goal for the second highest scoring team in the NHL since New Year's Eve doesn't mean he won't catch fire! The guy only costs $1M.  I would prefer him over Paille or Thornton in any game.  However, let's remember that he's only better than those two because those two are bad NHL hockey players.

don't chowdah me but didn't you say at the beginning of the season that Paille had his place on this team ?  or something to effect an important role ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

NAS, I'm with you on Thornton, any day, any time. Not because he is lazy like Ryder, but because he does not have any hockey skills, and can only skate in a straight line. I do not agree with Paille because this kid can skate, he has some very good instincts, particularly on the PK. Pair him up with Campbell[ smarts] and Wheeler [speed, reach] and they will make a dynamite 4th line. This would also eliminate all of Thornton's giveaways. Savard had a unique capability to pass to an open man. We did not see much of that skill since he was clocked last year. You may not find that skill anywhere else, so Chiarelli's search will look for a bigger, stronger, on ice alert player. Hamill does not fit the bigger role, but he is smart and makes decent set-ups to his wings, who, unlike Ryder, need to finish the job. Two years from now that could be Seguin or Colborne's spot to fill, so now we need a replacement for two years who will not distort the CAP. On defense, my bet is on Phillips. He will help Chara, he makes good,smart passes, and would replace Boychuck and/or Ference

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NAS the GM : don't chowdah me but didn't you say at the beginning of the season that Paille had his place on this team ?  or something to effect an important role ?
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

He did.  Marchand proved to be better. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NAS the GM : Mr Shot,  stop chasing the good guys/gals off of this forum.  

They chase themselves by posting fraudulent info and getting bagged.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NAS the GM : He did.  Marchand proved to be better. 

Right. Good because I wasn't going to look for that thread.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

It's getting off the topic, but the point on paille is valid. When he was acquired, Paille solidified the PK and played fairly well over all within his limited role. Marchand has replaced him and has proven to be a much better player. Paille is nearly useless at this point.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Here is a thought:

Sheldon Souray and Julien have a history together. They did beat the Joltless Joe-led Bruins after down 3-1, in game seven, in Boston.

Souray does have quite a shot; can play the power play; is physical; and comes cheap and with only a one-and-a-half month cap hit. He'd make a pretty good temporary 2nd of 3rd D.

If he makes an impact and deserves to stay, he should not be that expensive to sign. If it doesn't work out - see ya later.

But please, forget the draft picks. Those that give up their draft picks will live to regret it. It's like someone else hanging you with your own rope.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Souray is a bum with a big contract that doesn't expire until the end of next season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NAS the GM : Good call Shupe. Scooter,  why would you want NAS to be a GM and come up with great ideas ?  He's not the GM and that's why no crazy trade ideas popup in hs comments. Other here are make good enough comments concerning trades and he is good at what he comments on , like it or not.  Lot's of NOTS in my comments. On my end also it's very rare I'll bring up trade this guy for that guy but I occasionally comment on some that make sense or a bia opinion to suit my own interests (i.e. Souray or Gagne to Boston.  I could add Komisarek but he's just a very bad player ). I'de rather talk about the Bruins needs (as Sandog's done) or call everything else e-harmony (thanks Books). Although I'm amazed at the stardom NOT as got on this forum along with his followers LOL...   message for Mr Shot,  stop chasing the good guys/gals off of this forum.  

I’m just tired of the name calling/insulting post to people just wanting to share their ideas.  Insults are the medium of the insecure.  I believe that if you are going to be critical, you need to be able to perform the task better.  Nobody is going to take any of our ideas too seriously, so why not try?  I guess it’s easier to stand on the sidelines and yell insults than to get in the game yourself.     

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The game here?  Discussing hockey.

Not the game here: Discussing NHL 2K10 trades.  Did you see the Boston 1st and 2nd, Wheeler and Hamill for Weber post?  How dumb is that?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NAS the GM : He did.  Marchand proved to be better. 

You & I both were on the Paille bandwagon until Marchaud made him expendable.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]The game here?  Discussing hockey. Not the game here: Discussing NHL 2K10 trades.  Did you see the Boston 1st and 2nd, Wheeler and Hamill for Weber post?  How dumb is that?
    NAS? Proposals happen all the time; even dumb ones- some realisitically get done. The Joe Thornton deal is a prime example. So, the one above isn't out there as you may think.

However, since you mentioned him. What would you give up for a Weber, or a Yandle? Lets talk if the B's were to go all out with a "lets win it this year" attitude.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NAS the GM : NAS? Proposals happen all the time; even dumb ones- some realisitically get done. The Joe Thornton deal is a prime example. So, the one above isn't out there as you may think. However, since you mentioned him. What would you give up for a Weber, or a Yandle? Lets talk if the B's were to go all out with a "lets win it this year" attitude.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

The proper question would be for "Webber" or "Yandle".  It would be "a Sedin" or "a Kostystin Sister", because there are two.

To answer the question, look back at my initial reponse to this thread.

In referece to the Thornton trade, it was a once-in-a-lifetime bad deal.  Expecting something like that to happen again is like expecting a Neely for Pederson deal to be repeated.