Nash Officially on the Market..KPD's thoughts.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Nash Officially on the Market..KPD's thoughts.....

Nash is officially on the trading block, really hoping the B's do not make a move for him.

According to KPD, it would take Rask and Lucic to obtain Nash from the Jackets..... Why on earth would the Bruins give up Lucic, who produces just as much as Nash, AND their goalie of the future for him? Don't get me wrong Nash is a good player and could flourish more with a new team, but Lucic and Rask for him, c'mon, man.

Nash also is signed long term, making 7.8m a year, not sure what the logic behind that was.

Not that I take anything KPD projects to seriously, just found his projection to be rather comical. The only way the Bs should get Nash is if the deal is in their favor, which it will not be.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Re: Nash Officially on the Market..KPD's thoughts.....

KPD thinks of the deal as "income redistibution."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Actually, Rask and Lucic wasn't enough, I forgot. They were just the core... prospects or picks should be thrown in.... lol.

I'll take Lucic over Nash, honestly. 7.8m for a guy who produces about the same amount as Lucic... Save that money for Rask/Lucic/Seguin/Hamilton down the road.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

In Response to Nash Officially on the Market..KPD's thoughts.....:
    [QUOTE]Nash is officially on the trading block, really hoping the B's do not make a move for him. According to KPD, it would take Rask and Lucic to obtain Nash from the Jackets..... Why on earth would the Bruins give up Lucic, who produces just as much as Nash, AND their goalie of the future for him? Don't get me wrong Nash is a good player and could flourish more with a new team, but Lucic and Rask for him, c'mon, man. Nash also is signed long term, making 7.8m a year, not sure what the logic behind that was. Not that I take anything KPD projects to seriously, just found his projection to be rather comical. The only way the Bs should get Nash is if the deal is in their favor, which it will not be.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

Krejci , Boychuck, Caron and our first round draft pick for NASH and a very good shot at our second Stanley cup in a row !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Re: Nash Officially on the Market..KPD's thoughts.....:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Nash Officially on the Market..KPD's thoughts..... : Krejci , Boychuck, Caron and our first round draft pick for NASH and a very good shot at our second Stanley cup in a row !
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]

Without Krejci, there is no repeat for the Stanley Cup.

Without Lucic, there will be another long dry spell for Stanley's Mug.

Sorry, Nash is a nice guy but, no thanks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

KPD has lost his fastball.  I sometimes wonder if he's ever in the locker room.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

It appears that none of the Globe writers have any access to Bruins management or thinking. That would be absolute stupidity. Obviously Columbus is in deep trouble. Hitchcock couldn't create anything with what's there, so they are ready to sell the farm.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

take a look at Nash's contract and tell me why PC would give up a ton for the guy while taking on that beast of a contract and potentially putting his team in cap jail.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Would be a bad move to get Nash. Give up a lot of good-priced, younger stars on the team for a huge contract and a guy pushing 30. Chiarelli has gone on record numerous times to say that he doesn't want to add through subtraction, meaning no Nash to the B's. I am fine with that.

Now, if the Bruins could only get Selanne...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Call me crazy, but I don't think it's going to take as much as most people think to get Nash, and I don't know why the B's would give up core players to get him.
    It's a money game now, and even though Nash is a great player, there are many questions to be answered.  At 7.8 million per....there shouldn't be any, and that factors into his overall value.  These days, GM's are terrified of getting a player making the really big bucks, long term, and being totally handcuffed if that deal doesn't work out.
    The underlying strength of the B's...is that they have a great collection of bargains.
    Theres basically 2 types of teams out there.  Those pretty much spending to the cap, and those that have no interest in doing so.  The B's are kinda unique in that they have a ton of cap room remaining for this year(but remember it's only what's left of this year, we'll need some of that moving forward), but the only real benefit of that, is if you can get that player for nothing...just pay his salary. Not many of those deals out there around deadline day.
    If a team is really good now, with little cap room, I don't see the upside in Nash, cuz you'll need to monkey with your core to fit him in.
    Boston has the cap room, but Nash is on the hook for big bucks for 3 more years.  Doesn't seem to match anything to date out of PC's play book.
    Then again, ole Lou broke tradition when no one expected it.  Everybody in the world wanted Kovy, but it's obviously not made NJ a better team.
    I can see lots of teams salivating over the prospect of Nash, surmizing he'll ramp up production by a ton on a better team, but at 7.8 long term, he'd force big, big changes on the Bruins roster next year.  I'd let him go somewhere else.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Oh my, KDP knows nothing about hockey. His trade suggestions are terrible. Why on earth he thinks Nash is more valuable than the younger, cheaper, more productive Krejci and Lucic is beyond me.  It's like he's a pink hat fan.  And don't get me started on the idea of moving Rask for him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

claude has been playing seguin at center early in games of late. 

so i wonder if krejci is trade bait. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

If Nash is indeed on the trade block. Teams like Toronto who love to over pay for players will get Nash. Another think is the trading of Lucic + Rask for Nash dont make any sense either for me. Lucic right now is a better player then Nash. Rask is better then Nash too at the moment so why would the Bruins make this deal? Why would the Blue Jackets get Rask when they already have Mason? If I have the name right of their young goalie.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]claude has been playing seguin at center early in games of late.  so i wonder if krejci is trade bait. 
    Posted by Karl-Hungus[/QUOTE]

I don't think so.  I think CJ's plan is to "punish" DK by playing him on lower lines with the hope that DK will get his hunger back, and when CJ puts him back up with guys who can actually put the puck in the net on a consistent basis, he'll regain his touch.  Sometimes you have to hit rock-bottom before you rise up again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2012's posts

In Response to Nash Officially on the Market..KPD's thoughts.....:
    [QUOTE]Nash is officially on the trading block, really hoping the B's do not make a move for him. According to KPD, it would take Rask and Lucic to obtain Nash from the Jackets..... Why on earth would the Bruins give up Lucic, who produces just as much as Nash, AND their goalie of the future for him? Don't get me wrong Nash is a good player and could flourish more with a new team, but Lucic and Rask for him, c'mon, man. Nash also is signed long term, making 7.8m a year, not sure what the logic behind that was. Not that I take anything KPD projects to seriously, just found his projection to be rather comical. The only way the Bs should get Nash is if the deal is in their favor, which it will not be.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

Here is your answer :

Lucic 52GP  20G 21A 41Pts +6
    Nash 56GP 18G 21A  39Pts  -22

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Losing Horton has caused many to speculate includng yours truly.  KPD is just fanning the fires with Nashspeak.  He stated on CNNNEEEE(?) in a speculative tone, Rask for Nash would have to be looked at by Bs management.  Hockey hound Felger agreed.  Interesting but yawn. Kovy was KPD's flame last year.  

BTW at first I though Krejci was demoted to spark play.  I am beginning to think Peverly and Lucic were fine but not with Krejci.  In other words was it a line chemistry move.  Personally, I'd rather see Caron on the first line, it creates the least amount of disruption on the other lines.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pitzer04. Show pitzer04's posts

Would I make the deal? No.  Are you guys seriously underestimating Nash? Yes.  This is a guy who has never played with anyone anygood and has been able to create his own offense with everyone keying on him.  That being said, I wouldn't ever make the deal because of Nash's contract. (I would still do Krejci, Spooner, a prospect not named Hamilton and a #1 this offseason for Ryan, though)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Rask will not be part of a trade.  Not PC's style to risk losing his next #1.  He's a Harvard guy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

We had Phil Kessel who was a great goal scorer but KPD didn't like him. But now he wants the Bruins to get Nash. A guy who has had less team success than Kessel. KPD is clueless.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

KPD jumped the shark yrs ago. His sunday notes used to be pretty good now they're boring with nothing original or insightful. The Globe should wave bye to him and his buddy Shaughnessy. Both started out well but have become hacks who try and run certain players outta town.    

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

I'd give up Rask for Nash but no more. I think Khudabin may be NHL prime-time ready by the time TIMMAY retires, and would be a good backup in the meantime. Trading Rask would bring up Khudabin and allow him to get his feet wet, and Nash would be a serious threat on a line with Looch and Krecji. I love Rask, but next year will be a mess if we still have Rask and TIMMAY, due to Rask's comments about needing to be the number 1. The road to the cup goes through Detroit this year, and we need as many guns as possible to get there, IMHO.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

KPD is a tool and is entirely too full of himself. It 's like these college professors that get tenure.. once they reach a certain "level" they think they can say and do anything  and it gets taken for gospel. It really is sad what this sports page has turned into over the years. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]I'd give up Rask for Nash but no more. I think Khudabin may be NHL prime-time ready by the time TIMMAY retires, and would be a good backup in the meantime. Trading Rask would bring up Khudabin and allow him to get his feet wet, and Nash would be a serious threat on a line with Looch and Krecji. I love Rask, but next year will be a mess if we still have Rask and TIMMAY, due to Rask's comments about needing to be the number 1. The road to the cup goes through Detroit this year, and we need as many guns as possible to get there, IMHO.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]

Funny.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

The only guy I would trade Krejci for is Parise. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

[QUOTE]I'd give up Rask for Nash but no more. I think Khudabin may be NHL prime-time ready by the time TIMMAY retires, and would be a good backup in the meantime. Trading Rask would bring up Khudabin and allow him to get his feet wet, and Nash would be a serious threat on a line with Looch and Krecji. I love Rask, but next year will be a mess if we still have Rask and TIMMAY, due to Rask's comments about needing to be the number 1. The road to the cup goes through Detroit this year, and we need as many guns as possible to get there, IMHO.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]

At this point, I wouldn't trade any of our goalies.  After the season is over, if I break up our goalie tandem, it's Timmy that goes.  Yes he's awesome, but he's also old.  You don't trade your young emerging star to hang on to your aging veteran.  Timmy could make a last run or two with another team a lo Roloson last year with TB.  After the season is over Thomas will still have a pretty high value for a team in need of quality goaltending and thus should bring us something in return.  

On a team as young and skilled as ours, we should only really be looking to bring in more youth with upside, or veterans looking to make a run at a cup.  We don't need any high priced players in their prime because we have about 5 players on their team that will be entering that stage in the near future.  So unless you are looking to break up our core, the Nash's and Suter's of the world are off limits. 

If any of our core players are expendable, I'd have to say it's Krecji at this point.  Not because he isn't valuable, or he's slumping or anything else, just because you can't get away with paying 3 1st-2nd line centers and I don't see Tyler staying on the wing for more than one more year.  Add to that the fact that our top prospects not named Dougie are centers.  I could see Spooner making the jump next year, if not the year after.  Bergeron and Seguin are going to be Bruins for life