Nash Officially on the Market..KPD's thoughts.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

Re: Nash Officially on the Market..KPD's thoughts.....

In Response to Re: Nash Officially on the Market..KPD's thoughts.....:
    [QUOTE]I'd give up Rask for Nash but no more. I think Khudabin may be NHL prime-time ready by the time TIMMAY retires, and would be a good backup in the meantime. Trading Rask would bring up Khudabin and allow him to get his feet wet, and Nash would be a serious threat on a line with Looch and Krecji. I love Rask, but next year will be a mess if we still have Rask and TIMMAY, due to Rask's comments about needing to be the number 1. The road to the cup goes through Detroit this year, and we need as many guns as possible to get there, IMHO.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]

Agree 100% with ya. People are talking about his contract, but Rask isnt going to take another 1.5 mil. a year contract again, its going to be a 4-5 mil. version this time, so that offsets alot of the Nash contract. Your right with trouble brewing next seaon and its true even if Tukka is mentaly capable of dealing with the current situation, im not sure he is any longer. You cant have a 5million dollar player off your cap space sitting on the bench every game and that will happen no matter who is backing up the nets next year. Players dont win playoff games sitting on the bench. A Rick Nash type player taking a shift every 3 minutes gives you that chance and he has scored 40+ playing for ken Hitchcock, there is something to be said about that as well.

Bruins have to make a decision between now and training camp next season which goalie stays and which one goes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Last year when Kessel had 30 goals but was -20 KPD said he was a stiff. But now he wants the Bruins to get Nash who is -22 with 18 goals and makes $8M......Hmmmm

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

[QUOTE]The only guy I would trade Krejci for is Parise. 
    Posted by shaunk[/QUOTE]

About the only way I package up Krejci and send him out of town would be if Toews came back. That isn't gonna happen so I'll take my chances with Krejci. Krejci is cheaper and lead us in scoring in the playoffs last year, and don't be shocked if come playoffs he leads us again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I would not trade Lucic + Rask for Nash. However I would take Nash over Lucic all day. Nash is better plain and simple, and I love Lucic. You put Lucic on the Columbus team and his numbers dont come close to what they are now as a Bruin. If Columbus were to trade Nash they'd want a proven player or two and picks/prospects. I would like to see what Nash could do on a better team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I would not trade Lucic + Rask for Nash. However I would take Nash over Lucic all day. Nash is better plain and simple, and I love Lucic. You put Lucic on the Columbus team and his numbers dont come close to what they are now as a Bruin. If Columbus were to trade Nash they'd want a proven player or two and picks/prospects. I would like to see what Nash could do on a better team.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    Kel, you don't know that for certain. Nash is getting 24 minutes of ice per game compared to Lucic who gets 16 per. Give Lucic 50% more ice time and you propose his numbers will go down?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nash Officially on the Market..KPD's thoughts..... : Kel, you don't know that for certain. Nash is getting 24 minutes of ice per game compared to Lucic who gets 16 per. Give Lucic 50% more ice time and you propose his numbers will go down?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I think that Kel is referring to the quality of players that surround the two with those minutes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Um, $7.8 million until the summer of 2018. I realize we're in a bit of a slump right now, but why would we risk shooting ourselves in the financial foot?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nash Officially on the Market..KPD's thoughts..... : I think that Kel is referring to the quality of players that surround the two with those minutes.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    I could still see Lucic do OK on a line with Carter and Umberger or Vermette. I just don't think with all things factored in, that Lucic would suffer the significant drop off that Kel thinks he would.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

So let me get this right... we're going to give up core roster players for a guy who is signed at 7.8 a year for six more years, and whose offensive numbers are comparable to existing players on our team, and in fact would as of today be tied for 4th in scoring on our team, with all the players ahead of him or tied with him making at least 3 million  a season less. This is a good idea why exactly?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]So let me get this right... we're going to give up core roster players for a guy who is signed at 7.8 a year for six more years, and whose offensive numbers are comparable to existing players on our team, and in fact would as of today be tied for 4th in scoring on our team, with all the players ahead of him or tied with him making at least 3 million  a season less. This is a good idea why exactly?
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    Wait a second Red. I think it's only KPD suggesting that move.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[QUOTE]So let me get this right... we're going to give up core roster players for a guy who is signed at 7.8 a year for six more years, and whose offensive numbers are comparable to existing players on our team, and in fact would as of today be tied for 4th in scoring on our team, with all the players ahead of him or tied with him making at least 3 million  a season less. This is a good idea why exactly?
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

I'm going to be Capt. Obvious for a second.

It's NOT.

The end.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nash Officially on the Market..KPD's thoughts..... : Wait a second Red. I think it's only KPD suggesting that move.

Then KPD is an idiot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nash Officially on the Market..KPD's thoughts..... : I could still see Lucic do OK on a line with Carter and Umberger or Vermette. I just don't think with all things factored in, that Lucic would suffer the significant drop off that Kel thinks he would.

dez, have you looked at the point totals of these three and the rest of the Blue Jacket players. Not good. Wayne Gretzky's totals would go down playing for this team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nash Officially on the Market..KPD's thoughts..... : Kel, you don't know that for certain. Nash is getting 24 minutes of ice per game compared to Lucic who gets 16 per. Give Lucic 50% more ice time and you propose his numbers will go down?

While theres no way of knowing it for sure, that would be my guess. I think Lucic is a terrific player, but on Columbus with increased ice time and less talent not only on his line but surrounding lines, I'd say his numbers would suffer a bit, especially his plus/minus. Just like I think if Nash were to come here, with decreased ice time his numbers would go up, simply because he is a better player on a better team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nash Officially on the Market..KPD's thoughts..... : dez, have you looked at the point totals of these three and the rest of the Blue Jacket players. Not good. Wayne Gretzky's totals would go down playing for this team.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    Chicken or the egg? Who knows though I suppose? I just realized Nash is only getting 3 minutes per game more than Lucic so I don't know what I was looking at before. Taking cash, ice time and chemistry into account, I don't trade Lucic for Nash straight up. That's just my opinion.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

It would take a lot to get Nash

And if they were going to give away what that would take, I would rather they did it for Bobby Ryan

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nash Officially on the Market..KPD's thoughts..... : Chicken or the egg? Who knows though I suppose? I just realized Nash is only getting 3 minutes per game more than Lucic so I don't know what I was looking at before. Taking cash, ice time and chemistry into account, I don't trade Lucic for Nash straight up. That's just my opinion.

Agreed ! How many players can a team have at around $7M or more in today's cap world ? And I'd rather have the 7 footer on skates that the B's have making that kind of $$$.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Savard, Thornton and Campbell for Nash sounds fair. Columbus gets a little faker, a dumb goon, and team immunity from suspensions. Although by losing "the Ticket Campbell", it would mean his Daddys referees wouldn't be sucking up to work the playoffs. (and of course, no repeat Cup) Yeah, it would be hard to imagine the Bruins without O'Halloran, Sutherland, Walsh, Leggo, O'Rourke et al propping the B's up all the time.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]
    It would be hard to imagine a more juvenile post.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nash Officially on the Market..KPD's thoughts..... : Try reading anything your Grand Wizard Timmy the Flake has written lately!
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Nobody wants you here. Your a moron.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nash Officially on the Market..KPD's thoughts..... : Nobody wants you here. Your a moron.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    I'm sure nobody wants him where he's is either.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

the ignore button still works. make your life easier.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[QUOTE]the ignore button still works. make your life easier.
    Posted by 86redsox[/QUOTE]

Way ahead of you guys haha

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

No thanks on Nash.

I really like him as a player and if I were about 25 other teams I would give whatever to obtain him. He just doesn't fit here.

I saw this on HF and some people were saying that this is actually close to what the package would have to be considering the insane overpayments that have happened recently.

Horton
    Krejci
    1st
    Rask

for

Nash

Never in a million years would I even consider that.