Neal Gets 5 Games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Neal Gets 5 Games

In response to DaveyN's comment:[QUOTE] Just goes along with the Penguins delusional fanbase, they never do anything wrong. [/QUOTE]

Honestly I agree, but the same could be said with any fanbase. People here are saying Thornton did nothing wrong. [/QUOTE]

I've posed that question - What if Crosby were hit in the open ice and went on LTIR with his concussion history. I am one of those Boston-fan-Kooks but to an extent. I feel Thornton should be suspended.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just goes along with the Penguins delusional fanbase, they never do anything wrong.

[/QUOTE]

Honestly I agree, but the same could be said with any fanbase. People here are saying Thornton did nothing wrong.

[/QUOTE]

People see what they want to see, and we have plenty of them here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just goes along with the Penguins delusional fanbase, they never do anything wrong.

[/QUOTE]

Honestly I agree, but the same could be said with any fanbase. People here are saying Thornton did nothing wrong.

[/QUOTE]

People see what they want to see, and we have plenty of them here.

[/QUOTE]

Its insane to me that people are defending what he did. Look past the jersey. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like this for a few reasons.  The most of which is Neal's completely disingenuous reaction in the media, sharply contrasting with Thornton's remorse and accountability.

To me, those two were in equally indefensible positions for what they did.  Neal chose a "I didn't inhale...?" defense apparently hoping the game wasn't being recorded on video.

5 games James.  Tell us more about how tricky it is to skate by someone on the ground without kicking them in the head.  Fascinating.

[/QUOTE]

completely agree. Thornton will still get more games, and should, but this is exactly correct. Neal came off so poorly after the game that he probably cost himself another $20-40 grand. What a doooosh.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DrCC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pleasently surprised.

[/QUOTE]

count another one under pleasantly surprised

[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Neal is one of those Claude was talking about that they should "man-up". Neal doesn't so he should be labeled as a "dirty" player. He has so much talent I wish he was on the bruins, but obviously he has a mean streak that will catch up to him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

In response to jaymiller's comment:
    [QUOTE]

James Neal suspension video:

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=60&id=506355&lang=en

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jay

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pleasently surprised.

[/QUOTE]

Also pleasantly surprised. Mildly, but still pleasantly....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Neal will forfeit $128,205.15.

[/QUOTE]

It's that last $5.15 that'll really hurt.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thats where they getcha.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[/QUOTE]

Thats where they getcha.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe that's code for something....like 420.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's a pair of slacks a Wal-mart.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's a pair of slacks a Wal-mart.

[/QUOTE]

So now he cant get a new pair of slacks?!
    WHEN WILL THE HORROR END?!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

I don't like Shanahan's reasoning. Neal clearly tried to injure Marchand, and it shouldn't matter that Marchand absorbed the hit without significant damage - as of now. As we all know, concussion symptoms can still occur several days later - will Shanahan change his ruling if Marchand is sidelined, say, by the end of this week?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to MrHulot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't like Shanahan's reasoning. Neal clearly tried to injure Marchand, and it shouldn't matter that Marchand absorbed the hit without significant damage - as of now. As we all know, concussion symptoms can still occur several days later - will Shanahan change his ruling if Marchand is sidelined, say, by the end of this week?

[/QUOTE]

In changing his ruling he would be admitting some sort of error or wrongness, i dont see anyone working in the NHL front office doing that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

If the NHL had a book, I wouldn't mind if they threw it at Neal - just to support their assertion that they take head shots seriously.  In terms of length of punishment I don't know.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Another vote for "pleasantly surprised."

And yet another vote for, "injury" having too much place in these decisions.  If someone gets significantly hurt in a dirty play, of course take it into account, but acknowledging a lack of injury like Marchand does not make the hit any less dangerous.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

5 is what I expected -- Perfect setup for Shanny to really slam Thornton hard -- Orpik now placed on IR will fuel the fire a bit more.

I know this could get into a "hearing circus" but after getting a better look at the Dupuis slash on Kelly -- talk about intentional. We often see a warning shot -- generally to a padded part of the elbow, glove or shin pad -- but Kelly was deliberately wacked on the back of the leg where everyone knows is unprotected. Perfect aim above the boot and below the calf. Nasty.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

#slashesdontkillpunchesdo

#itwasanaccidentjeesh

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to MrHulot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In changing his ruling he would be admitting some sort of error or wrongness, i dont see anyone working in the NHL front office doing that.

[/QUOTE]

It was merely a rhetorical question. I know that neither Shanahan nor anybody else working in the NHL front office would have the guts to admit a mistake or error (pretty common among weak leaders).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

5 is what I expected -- Perfect setup for Shanny to really slam Thornton hard -- Orpik now placed on IR will fuel the fire a bit more.

I know this could get into a "hearing circus" but after getting a better look at the Dupuis slash on Kelly -- talk about intentional. We often see a warning shot -- generally to a padded part of the elbow, glove or shin pad -- but Kelly was deliberately wacked on the back of the leg where everyone knows is unprotected. Perfect aim above the boot and below the calf. Nasty.

[/QUOTE]

Why don't you think he was swinging at the puck which was in the air righ there?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to zamboni24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why don't you think he was swinging at the puck which was in the air righ there?

[/QUOTE]

The Dupuis-Kelly incident happened with 2:14 left to play in the 2nd period. I have gone over it many times. And here is what I observed - in normal speed and slow motion:

Kelly blocks Dupuis' attempt to send the puck into the Bruin zone, just inside the blue line. The puck goes up on the glass. Kelly doesn't know where the puck is and has his back to it at all times. As he turns, to whee he thinks the puck is, his back is to Dupuis. Throughout this episode, Dupuis has sight of both the puck and Kelly.

As the puck is dropping down, behind the right leg of Kelly, in plain sight of Dupuis, Dupuis has two choices:

1. Slap at the puck to drive it into the Bruin end or

2. Wait for the puck to drop and it will be in his possession because Kelly doesn't know where the puck is, and furthermore he has his back to it.

What does Dupuis do: Neither. He does a 45 degree chop to an area that is beyond the point where the point leading with the heel of his blade. How convenient that Kelly's leg is in that area to receive the blow from the heel of the blade and not the flat side of the blade.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"I mean, what do you want me to say? That I was trying to hit him?" Neal said following the game. "No, I'm going by him. I don't get out of the way, like I said. I need to be more careful and I guess get my knee out of the way, but I'm not trying to hit him in the head or injure him or anything like that."

2 games for kneeing, 3 games for really bad lying = 5 games.

In Toronto, fairly free from bias on the subject - an overwhelming number of sports radio types had a way bigger problem with what Neal did/claimed - on the ice and afterward to the media. He was denounced as just a 'dirty player' .

On another note and keeping up with the Shanahans - some are claiming Phaneuf should not get anything for his reckless hit on Millar, that Millar was losing his balance at the time of the hit, hence rendering himself more vulnerable than he would have been if he'd been upright. Thing is, he couldn't be upright because he was collapsing due to the wicked chop by Clarkson to that area at the back of the knees that makes everyone crumple.

Man this League is starting to look rudderless, a game that doesn't know what it wants to be, doesn't know what it's purpose in society is. There needs to be some kind of comprehensive sensitivity training done League-wide - throughout the PA and the League offices.

Basic respectful sportsmanship and toughness don't have to be antithetical.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

The Dupuis-Kelly incident happened with 2:14 left to play in the 2nd period. I have gone over it many times. And here is what I observed - in normal speed and slow motion:

Kelly blocks Dupuis' attempt to send the puck into the Bruin zone, just inside the blue line. The puck goes up on the glass. Kelly doesn't know where the puck is and has his back to it at all times. As he turns, to whee he thinks the puck is, his back is to Dupuis. Throughout this episode, Dupuis has sight of both the puck and Kelly.

As the puck is dropping down, behind the right leg of Kelly, in plain sight of Dupuis, Dupuis has two choices:

1. Slap at the puck to drive it into the Bruin end or

2. Wait for the puck to drop and it will be in his possession because Kelly doesn't know where the puck is, and furthermore he has his back to it.

What does Dupuis do: Neither. He does a 45 degree chop to an area that is beyond the point where the point leading with the heel of his blade. How convenient that Kelly's leg is in that area to receive the blow from the heel of the blade and not the flat side of the blade.

[/QUOTE]

Your reasoning sounds like something from a fairy tale.

Simple explanation . He was going for the puck which was at Kelly's foot and missed.

There's no intent at all to injure from Dupuis. A hockey play where Dupuis is just trying to keep the puck in the Bruins end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qR4HkV9g8g

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

JR says he would have done the same thing ??

http://nesn.com/2013/12/jeremy-roenick-says-he-would-have-done-the-same-thing-as-james-neal-surprised-by-neals-punishment-video/