New acquisitions burning up the league!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

New acquisitions burning up the league!

Wow, Kaberle 5 games, 0 goals, 1 assist, 1 point, 1 shot; Peverly 4 games, 1 goal, no assists, Kelly, 5 games, no goals, 1 assist, power play putting up goose eggs, seems like we're winning mostly with players we already have (Lucic, Horton, Rask) and n
    ody fears Kaberle's shot, so they'll all be honing in on Chara. This power play will be allowed all kinds of peripheral passes and therefore look great, but when the goals don't come and the inevitable losses, the bloom will wear off this rose very quickly.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: New acquisitions burning up the league!

A certain number of intangibles have been brought by the acquisitions.
    How about giving the PP a chance to gel?  And/or personnel change there?
    The team has become faster.

Notice that they haven't lost a game since the acquisitions, doesn't that say anything?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to New acquisitions burning up the league!:
    [QUOTE]Wow, Kaberle 5 games, 0 goals, 1 assist, 1 point, 1 shot; Peverly 4 games, 1 goal, no assists, Kelly, 5 games, no goals, 1 assist, power play putting up goose eggs, seems like we're winning mostly with players we already have (Lucic, Horton, Rask) and n ody fears Kaberle's shot, so they'll all be honing in on Chara. This power play will be allowed all kinds of peripheral passes and therefore look great, but when the goals don't come and the inevitable losses, the bloom will wear off this rose very quickly.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]

Completely BassAckwards POV. Are you just hating to hate?

They are 3 complimentary players is that hard to understand? Id take going 22-0 for the rest of the season and winning the cup without Kaberle, Kelly, Or peverley scoring another point. But I guess that would bother you?

The objective with a team is to have a first line that can Score KHL has been scoring great as of lately(ever since the new aquisitions h mmmmm). Kelly was instrumental in the Van game but I guess you didnt know that. Watch the games dont just check score sheets. You'd sound like less of a fool if you did.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

And the B's have been 6 and 0 since the trades. I will take the wins thank you....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

An ineffective power play that looks good and spends time in the offensive zone is better than an ineffective power play that looks bad and can't get the puck past the blue line.

So there's that, but the improvement was so significant last night that the goals seem inevitable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

They've also only let in 2 PP goals on 12 chances against (PK 83%) since picking up Kelly, after 9 on 25 chances (PK 64%) the previous six games.  I guess that doesn't contribute to winning.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Finding ways to win on off nights - that's huge.

Over the last 2, maybe 3 years I expect I would have seen a loss on a night like last night.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

as soon as i read "inevitable losses"- orrespo became someone not worth listening to-are you wishing the team to lose? what a "fan"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Sometimes you have to use your eyes and some common sense. The points over a few games don't tell the story. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

One thing is for sure i haven't see Chara take so many shots on goal on the PP.  It was clear that before the Bruins acquired kaberle every PK unit where staying very close to big Z and his shots where never getting through because of that.  That would be a positive thing already.  We all know that with the shot he has it is just a matter of time before he puts a few ones in!! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

Hi,
      I'm a bandwagon fan and the only way I know how to judge how good a player is by looking at the points column in the box score.  Wins are irrelevant to me.  Defense and smart play is unimportant. 

If every player on the team isn't a 40-goal scorer, then that team is terrible.  Never mind that the team as a whole is what matters - I'm more interested in offense, offense, offense!  If you don't put the puck in the net, you're useless and I will complain about you... mostly because I have no other measuring stick than scoring goals.

I don't care if my team doesn't win the Stanley Cup, I just want everyone to SCORE GOALS!  Even if we lose 9-8 every game, that's fine because I will get to see the goals that I love so much from every player on the team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In Response to Re: New acquisitions burning up the league!:
    [QUOTE]Hi,   I'm a bandwagon fan and the only way I know how to judge how good a player is by looking at the points column in the box score.  Wins are irrelevant to me.  Defense and smart play is unimportant.    If every player on the team isn't a 40-goal scorer, then that team is terrible.  Never mind that the team as a whole is what matters - I'm more interested in offense, offense, offense!  If you don't put the puck in the net, you're useless and I will complain about you... mostly because I have no other measuring stick than scoring goals.   I don't care if my team doesn't win the Stanley Cup, I just want everyone to SCORE GOALS!  Even if we lose 9-8 every game, that's fine because I will get to see the goals that I love so much from every player on the team.
    Posted by BuzzardBoots[/QUOTE]

Double minor to you for sarcasm and having a cat as your avatar. c'mon....let's go...get in the box.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New acquisitions burning up the league! : Double minor to you for sarcasm and having a cat as your avatar. c'mon....let's go...get in the box.
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]
    I'm stepping in for BuzzBoots. I'll take third man in I don't care. Skating Clown.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]One thing is for sure i haven't see Chara take so many shots on goal on the PP.  It was clear that before the Bruins acquired kaberle every PK unit where staying very close to big Z and his shots where never getting through because of that.  That would be a positive thing already.  We all know that with the shot he has it is just a matter of time before he puts a few ones in!! 
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE]

Got to agree with this. It was nice to see. TSN showed an interesting stat last night in which since the lockout Chara has recorded the most PP goals for a D man and Kaberle the most PP assists. Now they are together....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New acquisitions burning up the league! : I'm stepping in for BuzzBoots. I'll take third man in I don't care. Skating Clown.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

LOL..by the way, nice avatar. Winner!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New acquisitions burning up the league! : LOL..by the way, nice avatar. Winner!!
    The only thing I'm addicted to right now is winning!!! Hello winning! scoreboard!!! Charlie Sheen is on fire right now haha

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Kelly and Peverley are both top faceoff guys (Peverley more so) and were brought in to shore up that area, the PK and bring some good forechecking. The line got caught in the D zone for a little bit last night but no harm came from it and they kept the O on the outside.

Complaining after a 6-0 road trip and after the team beat a hot Calgary and dominant Vancover is just silly.

None of them were expected to come in and score 30 a season. If you had those expectations, you're kukoo.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New acquisitions burning up the league! : Double minor to you for sarcasm and having a cat as your avatar. c'mon....let's go...get in the box.

Hey - Sorry, WTL, I was just responding in kind.  This thread was begun with total sarcasm... and payback's a bee-otch!  And don't mess with The Buzzard... he was one cool dude.

I appreciate the backup, Callod.. good to know someone's got my back!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New acquisitions burning up the league! : Hey - Sorry, WTL, I was just responding in kind.  This thread was begun with total sarcasm... and payback's a bee-otch!  And don't mess with The Buzzard... he was one cool dude. I appreciate the backup, Callod.. good to know someone's got my back!
    Posted by BuzzardBoots[/QUOTE]
    Don't mention it. anytime anytime.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to New acquisitions burning up the league! : Completely BassAckwards POV. Are you just hating to hate? They are 3 complimentary players is that hard to understand? Id take going 22-0 for the rest of the season and winning the cup without Kaberle, Kelly, Or peverley scoring another point. But I guess that would bother you? The objective with a team is to have a first line that can Score KHL has been scoring great as of lately(ever since the new aquisitions h mmmmm). Kelly was instrumental in the Van game but I guess you didnt know that. Watch the games dont just check score sheets. You'd sound like less of a fool if you did.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]
    Great point, and how many assists did the new guys have on the Lucic, Krejci, or Horton goals?? If you weren't such a hockey novice (you see, I too can lower myself to your standard of name calling) you would realize that many teams go on short runs of excellence after a shakeup. Can you comprehend that young'un?
    Once the newness wears off, old results reappear. And what never has disappeared is the team's inability to score power play goals. And while the team may be a bit faster, it's probably fastest player Paille has 2 goals, young'un. 
    My problem is that this team gave away way too much for Kaberle, including Colborne who may be a star someday, a REAL star. Chicago made a similar deal when they traded away Phil Esposito. They thought in good conscience they were doing the right thing, like Chia Pet is thinking now. Yet that went down in history as the worst trade of all time in the sport. If Colborne becomes another Thornton, it will be Joe Thornton part Deux, especially if Kaberle doesn't re-sign. A safer move, and probably more productive, would have been to try to get a cannon like Sergei Gonchar back for perhaps a first round pick alone, no Colborne involved. Or even the second hardest shot in the game, Mr. Souray. Now THAT would be a power play--Souray (or Gonchar) and Chara at the point. Right now teams can focus completely on Chara, because Kaberle is ZERO threat to score from out there, just like Bergeron. OK Young'un? That's my point. I love this team but I don't like the management.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Kaberle was fantastic on the power play, I don't know what game you were watching.  On the TSN feed Ray Ferraro was amazed, saying he had never scene one player(Chara) get off that many good shots in one power play.  If defense is keying on him, it isn't helping.  He let six bombs go.  If they shadow him, that leaves a 4 on 3, which is just foolish.  You can't shadow on a pp, Kaberle has 3 other targets.  Oh yes, Bergeron is also a non-threat to score.  How is he on a pace for 27?  Colborne is not Thornton.  JT was a 1st overall pick-can't miss.  JC was what... 16th... with many questions about his game that still exist.  Souray is so bad no one will take him for half price on re-entry waivers.  And Gonchar's game has fallen way off.  He's a minus machine.  Blah, I don't know why I'm even responding to this post, you don't know what you're talking about.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Houston we have another name caller. Excuse me folks while I pick apart this lightweight.
    1. How many goals has Bergy had from the POINT? You missed what I said completely, no surprise.
    2. Was Dryden or Espo a number one pick like Thornton? Yet they went on to become REAL STARS. 
    3. Gonchar has TWICE as many goals (6) as Kaberle on a horrible team. And 4 power play goals (to 0 for your hero). AND a career plus 39 (to plus 27 to your idol).
    OK enough of the lightweight

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Gonchar has two more years at $5.5M.  That means the Bruins would have had to move more salary to fit him in, and he would have cost more than Kaberle did (since he may just be a rental).  Colborne may be a real star.  That 'may' makes all the difference.  Either way, he wouldn't be helping the Bruins at least for another year.

You really don't think the power play is looking much more dynamic than it did?  Heck, they aren't spending almost a full minute in their own zone like before.  I think it more likely the goals will start coming than they won't.

Aside from powerplay results, the new comers are filling pretty much exactly the roles they were traded to provide.  You seem to have had oddly high expectations.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neely07708. Show Neely07708's posts

If you're waiting for either of the three to be the final peice, the 'star' that you're looking for you have missed the point on these deals.

Kabs is the puck moving PP QB that the team has been lacking.  With Peverly and Kelly they get better on the pk, better overal faceoff team, bring some more speed and these guys are more seasoned and reliable to fill in the gaps.  Those two are going to relieve a lot of pressure on Bergy and let him focus a little more on O.

The final piece, that 'star' you're hoping for the B's are betting they already have.  The young mix of Bergy, Lucic, Krej and oh, that star player in development ..Sequin. 

The B's will be able to resign Kaberle and have a REAL solid shot at the cup for the next three playoff runs at least. 

In which, the next three years that Thomas and Rask still could be arguable the best goalie combination in the league.  Where Chara will be playing the best of his remaining seasons.  Put that along with some really tallented kids to continue to battle for spots on the big club.  They have what they need to get it done now, Chia pet did what he needed to do so that the rest of the puzzle was in place when Sequin does become the player most of us thinks he will.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

[QUOTE]If you're waiting for either of the three to be the final peice, the 'star' that you're looking for you have missed the point on these deals. Kabs is the puck moving PP QB that the team has been lacking.  With Peverly and Kelly they get better on the pk, better overal faceoff team, bring some more speed and these guys are more seasoned and reliable to fill in the gaps.  Those two are going to relieve a lot of pressure on Bergy and let him focus a little more on O. The final piece, that 'star' you're hoping for the B's are betting they already have.  The young mix of Bergy, Lucic, Krej and oh, that star player in development ..Sequin.  The B's will be able to resign Kaberle and have a REAL solid shot at the cup for the next three playoff runs at least.  In which, the next three years that Thomas and Rask still could be arguable the best goalie combination in the league.  Where Chara will be playing the best of his remaining seasons.  Put that along with some really tallented kids to continue to battle for spots on the big club.  They have what they need to get it done now, Chia pet did what he needed to do so that the rest of the puzzle was in place when Sequin does become the player most of us thinks he will.
    Posted by Neely07708[/QUOTE]
    Hope you're right Neely, though I think Seguin is being misused.