Discuss

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: New lines from practice

In response to nrguy's comment:

Per Fluto on the morning skate.

Daugman - Peverley - Seguin

Paille - Kelly - Thornton

Discuss

I hope Daugavins looks good out there. He was less than stellar in round one but I think he can be better. Plus he's a he'll of a ringuette player.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Moving Kelly down makes sense to me. I find his style of play is much more similar to Soupy's than Peverley's is. I don't have a problem with the change.

Only thing I would have done differently is give Caron a chance with Seguin & Peverley. Although he's not a particularly physical player, I like the idea of a bigger, heavier body to lean on the opposition. If it doesn't work, move in Daugs in his spot. They're up 3-0. Perfect time to see what he can give you in that spot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I like daugs because he does have speed and defensive smarts, Its a tough one because not really much else they can do. Putting in an offensive guy like soderberg wouldnt help the line offensivly anyways

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Discuss

Dangle - high glass - drive by.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Seguin has been playing Selke like defense lately. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

Paille - Kelly - Thornton

Discuss

In Claude I trust.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Seguin has been playing Selke like defense lately. 

With all the criticisims lately I thought I was the only one noticing his solid defensive play.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Paille will earn shifts up from the 4th line becuase of his great play.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

you got it watch... clode has a pretty good pulse on his players. i'll defer any stupid thing i would suggest, and leave it to the guy who spends 9 months a year with them watching them practice and play. let the coach coach, let the players play. i'll sit back with a cold beverage this evening, with fellow b's fans, and hope to be quite happy by the end of the night. never quite thought this situation would present itself after being down 4-1 in the 3rd against the leafs! a chance to sweep the pens? good times man, good times. LET'S GO BRUINS!!! LET'S GO BRUINS!!! LET'S GO BRUINS!!!  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Daug should be well rested. He is fast and tough which is whar Claude will want. Agree totally on Seguin's defensive play. Fluto's playing mix and match as his writeup switches Kelly and Peverly, with Kelly between Seggy and Paille. These are the guys who have limited the Pens offense, with solid back-up by Tuuka and the defense as long as Boychuck doesn't have a brain cramp and Chara keeps it simple with short , quicker passes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JN45. Show JN45's posts

I like the new lines.  I thought Daugivan was the best fit and I like his game.  He has good hockey sense and fits in well with the system.  I also like moving Kelly to the 4th line because he has the right amount of grit and style to play there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I like Seguin and Daugavins on the same line - that should be very solid defensively, and for all the criticism thrown his way lately, Pevs is still playing well on the dot. That may not be a line that tosses up points, but it should be very good in terms of puck possession - they don't need to score, just keep thje puck off the Penguins sticks. Also there's nothing wrong with the idea of Kelly feeding the puck to Paille.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I like it. I definitely like Daugavins in the gm over Caron, more speed and more a puck hound.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I like the move overall. Gives you 4 good lines and both can play D.

I assume Krejic will be on the PK over Daugman but guess we'll see on that one.

Lastly, I'm glad others are picking up on Seguin's D play, to me, he's one of the best back checkers out there.

-----------------------------------------
    "Lighten up Francis"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

I like it. I definitely like Daugavins in the gm over Caron, more speed and more a puck hound.

Daug is more of a defensive liability which is why I thought Caron would get the nod.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

In response to stan17's comment:

Daug is more of a defensive liability which is why I thought Caron would get the nod.

Maybe so but I like his skating compared to Caron's.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

The chance to have your name on the Cup should be strong motivation for whoever gets the nod to bust their backside. GO BRUINS!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

What is this based upon?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

What is this based upon?

[/QUOTE]

Observation.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to red75's comment:

I like Seguin and Daugavins on the same line - that should be very solid defensively, and for all the criticism thrown his way lately, Pevs is still playing well on the dot. That may not be a line that tosses up points, but it should be very good in terms of puck possession - they don't need to score, just keep thje puck off the Penguins sticks. Also there's nothing wrong with the idea of Kelly feeding the puck to Paille.

Its just like a PK ...Seguin & Daug ...forget the 3rd linemate he is not there ...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I

Observation.

We've had very different observations.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to red75's comment:

[QUOTE]

I

Observation.

We've had very different observations.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with NJ. Saying that Daugavins is worse defensively than Caron makes perfect sense whether you use the eye test or stats. That's not saying he's poor defensively either. I just don't think he's particularly good at it. He's had one season as a pro that he wasn't a minus player.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

What is this based upon? [/QUOTE]

Observation. [/QUOTE]

That sounds familiar. You watched the games and that is what you saw.

The only thing I would say I would give Daugvins the edge over Caron, not by much, is he heads to the net more often and with the puck.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I don't know how valuable this opinion is:

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2013/06/06/a-look-at-every-realistic-scenario-to-replace-gregory-campbell-in-bruins-lineup/