New Lines Today?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: New Lines Today?

In Response to New Lines Today?:
    [QUOTE]I couldn't help notice that in the report indicating Lucic and Stuart's return the Lines were not listed.  From almost every practice the globe has a report on, they list the lines.  I have noticed the few times they weren't listed at some point before the game it seems that pretty significant changes have been made.  There are a lot of combinations that I would like to see with this team at some point before the playoffs.  The one thing I hope does not change is Bergeron and Marchand. Just for fun; Ryder Savard Horton Lucic Bergeron Marchand Wheeler Krejci Seguin Thorton Campbell Recchi Chara Kampfer Seidenberg Boychuck Stuart Ferrence
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]
    Those are the same lines I'd like to see.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Where talking about Claude though where change is slow...What does a yellow light mean ?....Saaaloww Dowwwnnn

Lucic Savard Horton
    Recchi Bergeron Marchand
    Wheeler Krejci Ryder
    Thorton Campbell Seguin

Campbell has been out of this world lately for a fourth line center so I think Seguin will still get some chances.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'm okay with those lines too, but I don't think Claude will ever put Recchi on the 4th line. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Good thoughts. Any combination that sees Rex on the 4th line is a positive move as his ice time can be managed and he can still be available for the PP. Adding Lucic to Bergeron's line might get Looch back to form, and leaving the Savard and Kreji lines as is will help to develop the necessary chemistry. IMO Kamfer with Seidenberg is a better pairing, but I often disagree with Claude

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I can't stand that Ryder is on this team.  And I hate that he is on the top line even more. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: New Lines Today?:
    [QUOTE]I can't stand that Ryder is on this team.  And I hate that he is on the top line even more. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Shupe, I've had this conversation a few times on this board.  The Bruins play with balanced lines.  When you add a top notch wing to your 3rd Center and 8th or 9th best forward it does not make them a first line.  I think with the talent level of this team we probably should be balancing the lines as we are and if opponents treat that line as a first line it is only a benefit to the other two lines.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I'm okay with those lines too, but I don't think Claude will ever put Recchi on the 4th line. 
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    4th line with PP time shouldn't hurt Recchi's feelings too much.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Talent level?  In my opinion we don't have a starting 1st line.  I believe we have the centers.  But our wingers aren't dependable to be called 1st line wingers.  I think that is the reason for the mix and match more than the depth of talent.  I think he has to keep tinkering hoping he finds a good combo.  I thought Horton would really break out here.  And he has been a let down.  I personally think Lucic can play on the 1st line based on who the other winger is. 

We dont have a #1 line.  And when Ryder is on that so called #1 line it scares me.  I don't like the idea of spreading out the garbage to make it look like less mess.  Put it in one pile.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Talent level?  In my opinion we don't have a starting 1st line.  I believe we have the centers.  But our wingers aren't dependable to be called 1st line wingers.  I think that is the reason for the mix and match more than the depth of talent.  I think he has to keep tinkering hoping he finds a good combo.  I thought Horton would really break out here.  And he has been a let down.  I personally think Lucic can play on the 1st line based on who the other winger is.  We dont have a #1 line.  And when Ryder is on that so called #1 line it scares me.  I don't like the idea of spreading out the garbage to make it look like less mess.  Put it in one pile.
    Good analogy Shupe.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]Talent level?  In my opinion we don't have a starting 1st line.  I believe we have the centers.  But our wingers aren't dependable to be called 1st line wingers.  I think that is the reason for the mix and match more than the depth of talent.  I think he has to keep tinkering hoping he finds a good combo.  I thought Horton would really break out here.  And he has been a let down.  I personally think Lucic can play on the 1st line based on who the other winger is.  We dont have a #1 line.  And when Ryder is on that so called #1 line it scares me.  I don't like the idea of spreading out the garbage to make it look like less mess.  Put it in one pile.

Shupe I'm not disagreeing with you.  I believe we have three second lines, no matter how you organize them.  I think if I listed my lines in order, Krejci's should be 2a, Savard's 2b and Bergie's 2c/super checkers.  Currently I think Bergie's is playing like a 2a and Savard's and Krejci's have been too inconsistent to label especially offensively.  How lucky should we feel to have earned so many points in such an inconsistent period.  The ceiling for this team has yet to be determined but I believe the consistency will come.  Hopefully starting at 1 today.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Ricky.

I agree.  And this was the reason why I would offer Krejci up in hopes of landing a top flight winger.  But that is for future discusion when the deadline nears. 

Savy has to be our #1. I think Bergie is our #2.  Krejci with less pressure plays the 3rd line.
    My Ideal Lines are:
    Savy/Lucic/Horton- again.  we have 2 guys under performing on our #1 line. 
    Bergie/Marchand/Recchi
    Krejci/Wheeler/Seguin
    Camps/Thorton/Ryder

To challenge for the cup we need a top 4 dman and a top line winger
    Fwd- Penner or Dumont
    DMan- Regehr or Kaberle

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Lines Today? : 4th line with PP time shouldn't hurt Recchi's feelings too much.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Exactly my thoughts.  He's been pretty weak in 5 on 5 play.  But if the Bruins can get set up in the zone than he is still quite effective in front of the net.  So yeah, keep him as a regular on the PP, but put him on the 4th line where we can conserve his minutes and energy. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Ricky. I agree.  And this was the reason why I would offer Krejci up in hopes of landing a top flight winger.  But that is for future discusion when the deadline nears.  Savy has to be our #1. I think Bergie is our #2.  Krejci with less pressure plays the 3rd line. My Ideal Lines are: Savy/Lucic/Horton- again.  we have 2 guys under performing on our #1 line.  Bergie/Marchand/Recchi Krejci/Wheeler/Seguin Camps/Thorton/Ryder To challenge for the cup we need a top 4 dman and a top line winger Fwd- Penner or Dumont DMan- Regehr or Kaberle

I know a lot of people don't like Ryder, but I would rather see him on the 2nd line than Recchi.  A better forecheck and a better shot, in my opinion, although he needs to bring it every night.

And, the Bruins can't afford any of those guys you listed this year, even if you dealt Krejci.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]Ricky. I agree.  And this was the reason why I would offer Krejci up in hopes of landing a top flight winger.  But that is for future discusion when the deadline nears.  Savy has to be our #1. I think Bergie is our #2.  Krejci with less pressure plays the 3rd line. My Ideal Lines are: Savy/Lucic/Horton- again.  we have 2 guys under performing on our #1 line.  Bergie/Marchand/Recchi Krejci/Wheeler/Seguin Camps/Thorton/Ryder To challenge for the cup we need a top 4 dman and a top line winger Fwd- Penner or Dumont DMan- Regehr or Kaberle

I will only ask you if you believe we can get value for Krejci who is not currently playing at the level we know he can.  If you hink we can net Nash, then I'm okay with that type of deal.  If the winger you deliver is not a true first line sniper then no thanks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

I would go with:

Ryder Savard Horton
    Marchand Seguin Bergeron
    Lucic Krejci Wheeler
    Recchi Campbell Thornton

I've always liked Lucic and Krejci together. Contrary to what many opinions, im not likeing Krejci and Seguin together. Krejci is a guy that likes to slow the pace down and Seguin likes to use his speed. Not a good mix IMO. I liked that line when horton waas out where Seguin got to center Bergeron. March-Seg-Berg would be great IMO

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Nash would cost us every young talent we have.  Nash is a top 10 player in the league.  It likely would start with the leafs #1 and then head into Krejci and Lucic.  As much as I want a game changer I don't think The Bruins would do this deal.  Although I would. 

Fletcher- My prosed deal was this.
    Penner/Cogliano for Wheeler/krecji with a pick coming from edmonton as well.  Cash is pretty much a wash.  I will even follow that deal up with Ryder and a second round pick for Kaberle.

Savy/Penner/Horton/
    Bergie/Lucic/Marchand
    Cogliano/Seguin/Recchi
    Camps/Thorton/Paille

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigjeezy. Show bigjeezy's posts

I would go with:

Ryder Savard Horton
    Marchand Wheeler Bergeron
    Lucic Krejci Seguin
    Recchi Campbell Thornton

the first line is gonna produce horton is going to get out of his slump he has been trying very hard and has  come close many times i see him scoring at least a goal this afternoon also ryder has been playing well lately

i like marchand and wheelers hustle would work well with bergeron

on the third line you have a balance of strength speed and playmaking ability

then you have grit with campbell and thorton and you put recchi in front on the net they could score some goals

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Nash would cost us every young talent we have.  Nash is a top 10 player in the league.  It likely would start with the leafs #1 and then head into Krejci and Lucic.  As much as I want a game changer I don't think The Bruins would do this deal.  Although I would.  Fletcher- My prosed deal was this. Penner/Cogliano for Wheeler/krecji with a pick coming from edmonton as well.  Cash is pretty much a wash.  I will even follow that deal up with Ryder and a second round pick for Kaberle. Savy/Penner/Horton/ Bergie/Lucic/Marchand Cogliano/Seguin/Recchi Camps/Thorton/Paille  
    I like those proposed deals .You have to give quality to get quality.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Nash would cost us every young talent we have.  Nash is a top 10 player in the league.  It likely would start with the leafs #1 and then head into Krejci and Lucic.  As much as I want a game changer I don't think The Bruins would do this deal.  Although I would.  Fletcher- My prosed deal was this. Penner/Cogliano for Wheeler/krecji with a pick coming from edmonton as well.  Cash is pretty much a wash.  I will even follow that deal up with Ryder and a second round pick for Kaberle. Savy/Penner/Horton/ Bergie/Lucic/Marchand Cogliano/Seguin/Recchi Camps/Thorton/Paille  

I see. I still don't think the money works out because Penner is so expensive.  Also, I don't think that Penner is a better player than Krejci or that Cogliano is better than Wheeler on that one.

As for Kaberle, Burke will want more than Ryder and a pick I think...he's held onto him through so many offers.  Nobody wants Ryder.

Interesting scenarios shupe.  My personal perference would be to ride the team we have rather than make those deals though, and hope that guys like Horton, Krejci, and Savard get hot like we know they can.  I would also keep the heat on some of the forwards with the occasional call-ups of Caron, Arniel, and Sauve. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

As long as any line doesn't contain Seguin and Recchi together, I'm OK with it. It negates both of their strengths.

What I'd LIKE to see is Seguin with Marchand and Bergeron. Speed, smarts, and skills...Marchand and Bergeron could more than cover Seguin's Defensive learning curve.

Also, The  Savard Lucic Horton line needs to get their heads out of their collective butts and play like they can and should...This team NEEDS this line to work, and it frustrates the hell out of me that the 3 of them have not played cohesively to this point. This line should be a stick of dynamite, not a salute.

Krejci Ryder Recchi should be the 3rd line.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Ha! I left out Wheeler, what a freudian slip!!
    Put him on the 4th line or in the box, I think he'd do well with Campbell and we wouldn't have to worry about any offensive expectations (of which we have few).
    How a man that size is so easily bumped off a puck is mind boggling to me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Krejci is better than Penner at his role which is a set up guy.  Penner is a better scorer.  Penner also is a PK guy as well as a monster down low and a big body presence on the PP.  Money wise they are almost a match.  Tell me what we need more?  I can already tell you.  We need a 1st line scorer.  Penner is that guy.  We have a surplus of centers and Seguin is up and coming.  edmonton needs  centers.

Cogliano vs Wheeler- stats to date over a career are pretty even.  I believe both need a fresh start.  Cogliano would be our fastest player and be a 3rd line center who can chip in.

Wheeler makes more than Cogliano.  Meaning the contracts would be a wash and we actually would be up a million I believe?  Could be wrong.  All the players involved are young. 

I think Penner would be the best player in the deal over the next couple of yrs.  Throw a pick our way and call me crazy but it works. 

Size, speed and scoring we add.  We lose a lot and trust me when I say I like Krecji.  But you have to give to get.

Burke has been holding Kaberle as ransom.  He will not get as much as he would have last year.  Kaberle will be dealt.  I doubt they get a 1st rounder.  Ryder would have been a contract they can get rid of(minors as they arent affraid to pull this since he is a UFA at seasons end) or use him for the rest of the year.  A 2nd round pick isnt terrible.   They may want a prospect as well.  

But what do we lack.  Consistant scoring a a PP QB.  Penner and Kaberle gives us both.  I also mentioned Regehr.  He would be ideal b/c he makes 4 million and has 2 yrs left.  He is a premier shut down guy.  Meaning Chara would have help.

Our top 4 dmen scare me.  

I don't think this team will go far.  Pitt/Wash/Philly are gonna load up.  Montreal is looking at adding guys and Tampa really scares me as well. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Joe Haggerty
    Looks like Ryder/Savard/Horton, Lucic/Krejci/Seguin, Marchand/Bergeron/Recchi, Wheeler/Campbell/Thornton lines for vs
    20 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

I continue to like Wheeler in the top 9 over Recchi, but I am interested to see this Krejci line.  Either way like I said ealier there are many, many intriguing combinations available to CJ and I hope he continues to shuffle in order to determine the ideal lineup.  Marchand and Bergeron seem to have shown a real connection, I would like to see more connections like this given the chance to play themselves into a permanent lineup, as much as some want consistency, as long as we're in the playoff hunt I would like to tinker until 75-80 % of the games have been played.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I know that Marchand has earned a higher spot in the lineup, but I still love his chemistry with Campbell. No Bruin has surprised me more this season than Colin's boy. A slight upgrade to his wings, and I'd argue that we'd have a 2a, 2b,2c, and 2d set of lines.

He's certainly a player I want to see in Black and Gold for a long time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]I know that Marchand has earned a higher spot in the lineup, but I still love his chemistry with Campbell. No Bruin has surprised me more this season than Colin's boy. A slight upgrade to his wings, and I'd argue that we'd have a 2a, 2b,2c, and 2d set of lines. He's certainly a player I want to see in Black and Gold for a long time.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

I can't really go as far as 2d but I think with Marchand and say Wheeler we could make that a true Checking line freeing up Bergeron's line to do what's necesary on a game by game basis.  I do agree that Campbell has been the surprise of the season and everything else you said.

Added Edit

I have consistently said I love Marchand with Bergeron, and I still want them to stay together.  I merely put that line together in order to discuss your point of maximizing Campbell's value to the team.