1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

New lines

Brad Marchand - David Krejci - Nathan Horton
    Daniel Paille - Patrice Bergeron - Tyler Seguin
    Milan Lucic - Rich Peverley - Jordan Caron
    Jay Pandolfo - Gregory Campbell - Shawn Thornton - 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: New lines

You can call it the "Left Wing Shuffle"!

I'm for anything that changes what's going on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

This was at practice today?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Awful.  While Lucic and Horton belong on the third line right now, Paille is just not second line material.  For whatever reason, he is the most likely to score on a broken play.  When he is part of a planned attack, his hands turn to stone. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Mutant211's comment:

Awful.  While Lucic and Horton belong on the third line right now, Paille is just not second line material.  For whatever reason, he is the most likely to score on a broken play.  When he is part of a planned attack, his hands turn to stone. 

I feel what you're saying, but I notice a difference in him this year. He got drafted 20th overall & scored 19 goals one yr. He was brought here for his speed & PK'ing, but as Marchand did, Paille has earned his shot this yr. He's been on of the bright spots of consistency this yr. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

In response to kitchener's comment:

This was at practice today?

Yes it was. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2013/03/marchand_replac.html

"Asked what went into the change, coach Claude Julien said, "Because I can. Because I’m the coach. And every once in a while you have to do those things. It’s as simple as that."

"Julien kept repeating the team's scoring output during a four game road trip in which the Bruins found the net just six times, going 1-3 during the stretch. The crafty Marchand, who leads the Bruins with 13 goals, joins another creative player in Krejci as the two will try to spark Horton, who has scored just once in 13 games during the month of March."

"Obviously, we lost three out of four games, so we’ll change it up a little bit and hopefully that’s going to help," said Krejci, who had previously voiced confidence in Lucic and Horton skating along side him. "I think we looked good out there this morning. Obviously we don’t have much chemistry, particularly with March or Looch with the other line, or Paille with Bergy’s line. But I thought we looked pretty good this morning so hopefully it’s going to work tomorrow."

If it works great if it doesn't keep tweaking.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i would swap paille and lucic, but other than that i'm up for a change. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2013/03/marchand_replac.html

"Asked what went into the change, coach Claude Julien said, "Because I can. Because I’m the coach. And every once in a while you have to do those things. It’s as simple as that."

"Julien kept repeating the team's scoring output during a four game road trip in which the Bruins found the net just six times, going 1-3 during the stretch. The crafty Marchand, who leads the Bruins with 13 goals, joins another creative player in Krejci as the two will try to spark Horton, who has scored just once in 13 games during the month of March."

"Obviously, we lost three out of four games, so we’ll change it up a little bit and hopefully that’s going to help," said Krejci, who had previously voiced confidence in Lucic and Horton skating along side him. "I think we looked good out there this morning. Obviously we don’t have much chemistry, particularly with March or Looch with the other line, or Paille with Bergy’s line. But I thought we looked pretty good this morning so hopefully it’s going to work tomorrow."

If it works great if it doesn't keep tweaking.

I didn't see any video of this statement but in reading it on paper it sounds like Julien's frustrated and rightfully so.  Let's hope the drop to the third line lights a fire in Lucic to where he's more like last Saturday's hard to handle form.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

i would swap paille and lucic, but other than that i'm up for a change. 

I agree.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Any new line combos that include Paille in the top-6 or Pandopho at all seems like a waste of time.  I would rather they let Spooner play, maybe swap Horton and Peverley.

CJ should also take some responsibility here.  This is his d-1st system.  He can criticize the players all he wants, but he needs to take some owenership.  He's the guy that puts Campbell out with 1-2 minutes left in games, he's the guy had Chris Bourque playing meaningful PP minutes. 

Win and lose as a team, Claude, you should know that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Any new line combos that include Paille in the top-6 or Pandopho at all seems like a waste of time.  I would rather they let Spooner play, maybe swap Horton and Peverley.

CJ should also take some responsibility here.  This is his d-1st system.  He can criticize the players all he wants, but he needs to take some owenership.  He's the guy that puts Campbell out with 1-2 minutes left in games, he's the guy had Chris Bourque playing meaningful PP minutes. 

campbell is out there in the goalie pulled situation because he wins puck battles. I don't mind it at all. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

campbell is out there in the goalie pulled situation because he wins puck battles. I don't mind it at all. 

Great point.  That 2-5-7 line with a -3 this year has been such a difference maker. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Good, here's hoping it results in some offense.....and some players a little more motivated in the effort dept.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

This is what I wanted but to no avail. Just suprised Julien took this long to make a decesion, actually i'm not.

"Let's hope the drop to the third line lights a fire in Lucic to where he's more like last Saturday's hard to handle form."

Something needs to happen quickly RHO, Milan is too good a player for this.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

This is what I wanted but to no avail. Just suprised Julien took this long to make a decesion, actually i'm not.

"Let's hope the drop to the third line lights a fire in Lucic to where he's more like last Saturday's hard to handle form."

Something needs to happen quickly RHO, Milan is too good a player for this.

Likely because the team was 20-6-3 before last night. CJ seems to be the type of coach to let his top line guys play through it but even he has a time limit and the time is now. We'll see how this goes but barring the forthcoming trade (Hah) this is what the B's have.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

What the heck do you have to lose. Something tells me Milan Lucic is not going to be happy about being on the 3rd line and some Toronto defenders are going to pay for it on Monday. Or at least I would hope so. If your Mike Komiserek, the Marlies don't look so bad this week.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Great point.  That 2-5-7 line with a -3 this year has been such a difference maker. 

the skill guys can't score if they don't have the puck. I have been part of many power plays that had a bottom 6 guy that would be there to muck in front of the net, and win pucks in the corners. there is something to be said for it. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shortpops. Show shortpops's posts

The bruins management just might start thinking outside the Boston-Providence box and look at adding some  players  not currently connected to the team like Brian Rolston who recently expressed interest at returning to play in the NHL.  Granted he is  a bit older but last year he could at least contribute a goal or  2 or three plus a fair assortment of assists in his 28 games here. That is more than can be said for the current spare parts on the foreward lines.  THen there is  Restislav Olesz from Chechoslavakia who has several hundred games of NHL experience and was available   on the waiver wire several weeks ago. He is in his late 20's and has some goal scoring talent as shown by his previous history in the NHL.It seems that these 2 individuals could contribute something more than what the present spares are doing in the  area of scoring. And they would cost little in the way of current players or draft picks.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Yea, this line-up - even re-shuffled - looks in need of a bigger shake-up - or two! And from without. Pandolpho and Caron are stop-gaps, 'to not make mistakes' being their main function and contribution.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

If Caron or Pandolfo are still in the lineup in May, it will be another short playoffs for Boston.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

The order is misleading: Bergey's is the 1st line.

Marchand is such a gamer that he could produce in any line; that's what i love about him.  The downside here is that it could just make Horton even lazier.  

Well, at least DK has someone to make plays with.

Not true. Krecji's line gets the most icetime, hence they are the #1 line.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Splitting up Horton and Lucic seems like a good plan to me.  Too often they seem to either get caught up in eachother's funk, or worse each try to hard to help the other get out of his slump. 

This way they can either wallow in their own misery while the other two on the line are effective*, or focus on their own troubles and finally get out of whatever is going on.

*I'm not holding my breath on Paille, but agree he's shown more this year than the past two.