NHL Guardians Project

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: NHL Guardians Project

I've peeked in from time-to-time.  Pretty embarrassing, I think, but then it is aimed at younger kids (I think?).  Not really what I thought they would do.

As for the Jersey Devil, it's supposed to look like a horse:

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

The Penguin

Decided to look this up.. First thing  I found "The Penguin" hahahaha god I hope the Bruin is cooler than that........

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Looking at it again all Stan Lee did was put cyclops in wolverines suit lmao.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

Hmmmm I always remember the New Jersey Devil looking different when I saw the Discovery Channel paranormal shows, or Monster Quest etc.  Monster Quest btw is pretty rough but yes, I've watched it.  Sue me.  

I'm sure you're right, where it's aimed at a younger audience but either way, I feel like the models themselves are kind of lacking and not something I'd expect from Stan Lee.  

The Flyer is great.  "Durability" and "Flight" hahaha.  

Not sure what the Bruins one could be.  They'll probably have something like "Super Strength",  "Sleeps for an Entire Season", "Plays 20-40 Minutes Per Game".

Oh snap. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Super zero for the Bs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: NHL Guardians Project:
    [QUOTE]Hmmmm I always remember the New Jersey Devil looking different when I saw the Discovery Channel paranormal shows, or Monster Quest etc.  Monster Quest btw is pretty rough but yes, I've watched it.  Sue me.   I'm sure you're right, where it's aimed at a younger audience but either way, I feel like the models themselves are kind of lacking and not something I'd expect from Stan Lee.   The Flyer is great.  "Durability" and "Flight" hahaha.   Not sure what the Bruins one could be.  They'll probably have something like "Super Strength",  "Sleeps for an Entire Season", "Plays 20-40 Minutes Per Game". Oh snap. 
    Posted by amazinglarry[/QUOTE]
    Odd that those shows wouldn't show the original version - not scary enough I guess.

When it was originally announced, I was curious to see the results as it made it sound like team personality (e.g. Canadiens are fast, Flyers bullies, stuff like that) would be the driving force, not team name.  I know people that could have come up with stuff like 'The Wild' for a fraction of what Stan Lee is getting.

Though, if I remember right, there is some facebook voting involved.  So maybe the least imaginative ones are winning because that's what people want.

If nothing else though, we should have some fun with 'The Leaf'.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

As long as the Bruin "sleeps through the entire season, then wakes up hungry and ornery in the Spring" ... but that's more about the team than Stan Lee's latest attempt to cash in on that one spurt of creativity he had back in the 60s.

The Leaf?  I'm guessing fluttering is a key power, as looking great in the Summer but then withering and dying by mid-winter before being restored to glory in the summer again.  Or undergoing complete changeovers every four seasons.  Susceptible to 50 year blight?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

Everyone, beware THE LIGHTNING!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

Oh snap, The Bruin revealed... kinda looks like a wolf but, maybe one of the better 'guardians' surprisingly.  

even if he does look like he's ready to play some basketball.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Not a fan of the costume (looks like something a marthon runner would wear) but the character itself certainly does look "Big and Bad."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Not a fan of the costume (looks like something a marthon runner would wear) but the character itself certainly does look "Big and Bad."
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

a woman marathon runner, what the mother lovin f is up with the ladies track team shorts? 

I liked it until I noticed that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I don't know, maybe it's a female bear?

Stan's been using that same shorts design since 1962 (The Beast, the Thing, etc.) i think he's out of costume ideas. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Predator is bad a...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Admittedly he looks better in the 3D model

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hdpid=63&id=91041

I'm an admitted fangirl, so this is kind of cool, though some of the designs are poor. I've actually tried to combine superheroes and the Bruins myself in the past. This is my avie, that my friend drew for me, from a comic site

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

[QUOTE]Admittedly he looks better in the 3D model http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hdpid=63&id=91041 I'm an admitted fangirl, so this is kind of cool, though some of the designs are poor. I've actually tried to combine superheroes and the Bruins myself in the past. This is my avie, that my friend drew for me, from a comic site
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

I'm diggin the booze in hand hahaha.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

"Intelligence boarders on precognition"
    Who knew Stan Lee was a Bergeron fan?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

"The Bruin is a big kid - he's curious, adventurous and often finds himself with a ferocious hunger. That being said, few are happier or more mild natured than the Bruin when his belly is full."

I cant help but think the second sentance is a jab at the lazyness that was a part of the playoff collapse after going up 3-0 in the series and thus "filling his belly"... Curse you stan-lee... And inteligent? A leatard?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

The Canadien is great in it's awfulness... it's basically "Ironman".

Power Absorption, Supersuit, Blasters... Power Augmentation... Olympic Diving Skills... 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]The Predator is bad a...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

The Predator has a MASSIVE overbite. 

I'm surprised the dentists aren't protesting, or at least offering some cosmetic surgery. 

You tellin me he can shut his mouth?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

islamorada....the Super Zero ...is YOU ...Moron

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Yeah, what is up with The Bruin having to wear an NBA uniform from 1979?

The Canadien, Super diving skill...that is precious. Too bad they didn't put some fashionable eyewear on him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

Atleast the Bruins Hero isn't lame

Oh the Canucks Hero is totally Batman

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]islamorada....the Super Zero ...is YOU ...Moron Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

The idea of a Guardians Project is moronic imnsho. Zero offense = will be a problem nonetheless.  Either players need to step up like recently or bow out in the playoffs with the same affliction.  The coach is zeroed in that thought.  Love you predictiions Stanley!  Cheers!