NHL Transactions: Teams starting to move trades, signings and assignments

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

NHL Transactions: Teams starting to move trades, signings and assignments

http://www.nhl.com/ice/newsindex.htm#?navid=nav-nws-main

Flyers add Foster; trade for Boucher

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=12825&navid=nhl:topheads

Del Zotto, Gilroy agree to terms with Rangers

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=12834&navid=nhl:topheads

Sunday afternoon, the team announced it acquired rugged forward Kevin Westgarth from the Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles Kings in exchange for forward Anthony Stewart, a fourth-round pick in 2013 and a sixth-round pick in 2014.

It was Rutherford's second trade on Sunday. In the morning, the Hurricanes traded backup goalie Brian Boucher and prospect Mark Alt for minor leaguer Luke Pither. Boucher became expendable when the club invited veteran goalie Dan Ellis, who was playing for the Charlotte Checkers in the American Hockey League, to training camp to be the backup to Cam Ward.

The 'Canes signed Ellis to a one-year deal for $650,000, Rutherford announced Sunday afternoon. "

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=12802&navid=nhl:topheads

"On the first day of training camp, the New York Islanders announced that they have signed veteran defenseman Radek Martinek to a one-year deal. "

Pass the butter and talk amongst yourselves..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: NHL Transactions: Teams starting to move trades, signings and assignments

waiver wire is busy too

@TSNBobMcKenzie: We got waivers! Ha. Here you go: ANA: J Hendry, P Maroom, N Guenin, M Smaby. BUF: J Finley, D Leggio, D Schliestel. CBJ: C Bass, A Joudrey

@TSNBobMcKenzie: CBJ: R Russell, N Drazenovic. MTL: C Desjardins. Alain Berger on $125 waivers presumably for purposes of mutual contract termination.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

more waivers

NSH: M Moore. WPG: Ben Maxwell. PIT: S McIntyre, J Zatkoff, B Thiessen. That is all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Dave Nonis' first pick-up as GM of the Leafs is former Bruin Mike Mottau.  He was one of 31 players to open training camp today.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Love hockey.  It's gonna be a great start with all these moves.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=636656&navid=nhl:topheads

Darn it now what are we going to do without Mottau ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Darn it now what are we going to do without Mottau ?

[/QUOTE]

Looks like no playoffs now...rebuild? (heh)

Aaron Johnson will probably play the 7th wheel role this season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment: [QUOTE]In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Darn it now what are we going to do without Mottau ?[/QUOTE]

Looks like no playoffs now...rebuild? (heh) Aaron Johnson will probably play the 7th wheel role this season. [/QUOTE]

I know nothing about Aaron Johnson- What is your take on him ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

C bourque pusing for a spot in Boston. Meanwhile in Washington Zach Hamill is placed on waivers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to jmwalters' comment: [QUOTE]In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Looks like no playoffs now...rebuild? (heh) Aaron Johnson will probably play the 7th wheel role this season. [/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Seen him play a few times out West when he was with the Flames. Very inconsistent. Sometimes he looks like a steal in that he is steady and makes the smart play (and only paid close to the league minimum) then other times he is just a complete wreck and turnover machine. What does him in is that he is not very physical and does not have much offensive skill at the NHL level.

Perfect for a low cost 7th d-man but don't expect much else.

Oh, and he actually is a bit better than Motteau so I guess in a way this is an upgrade.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Rufus604's comment:
    [QUOTE]

C bourque pusing for a spot in Boston. Meanwhile in Washington Zach Hamill is placed on waivers.

[/QUOTE]

Both are plugs.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Seen him play a few times out West when he was with the Flames. Very inconsistent. Sometimes he looks like a steal in that he is steady and makes the smart play (and only paid close to the league minimum) then other times he is just a complete wreck and turnover machine. What does him in is that he is not very physical and does not have much offensive skill at the NHL level.

Oh, and he actually is a bit better than Motteau so I guess in a way this is an upgrade.

[/QUOTE]

Is that Joe Corvo you're describing?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=80955&navid=nhl:topheads

Oilers aquire Fistric from Dallas. Went from a plus- 27 to a minus- 10 in a year span. Goaltending and bad puck possesion could have someting to do with that but that is a big jump.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is that Joe Corvo you're describing?

[/QUOTE]

hehehe....Corvo is actually an established second tier offensive defenseman in the NHL although is quite clearly in the twilight of his career.

Johnson's upside is a second tier Corvo.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

P.K Subban is still unsigned, I wonder how this goes. Hopefully we'll see some trades start to develop but I have a feeling teams are just scrambling to get ready so probably not much until the deadline.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

P.K Subban is still unsigned, I wonder how this goes. Hopefully we'll see some trades start to develop but I have a feeling teams are just scrambling to get ready so probably not much until the deadline.

[/QUOTE]

If I could pick any other team I think P.K. would be a perfect fit it is Philly. I hate them almost as much as the Habs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'll get flack for saying this, but sooner or later I'd like to see PK become a Bruin.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'll get flack for saying this, but sooner or later I'd like to see PK become a Bruin.

[/QUOTE]

That would be the only reason in the world I could kind of like him as a player and even that is a bit of a stretch.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Didn't see this in here so:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=413511

Nucks sign Vandermeer, obviously looking for a bit of toughness on the backend (Bieksa doesn't count unless Stahlberg is on the ice).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

Nucks sign Vandermeer, obviously looking for a bit of toughness on the backend (Bieksa doesn't count unless Stahlberg is on the ice).

[/QUOTE]

Or Marleau.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Habs will play a bit of hardball with P.K, until Markov gets hurt, then they will pay him what he wants. By the way, it likely won't take long for Markov to get hurt.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Or Marleau.

[/QUOTE]

As they say in Vancouver, "That Bieksa, tough as nails." Maybe for the Nucks but not a respectable team....:)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Habs will play a bit of hardball with P.K, until Markov gets hurt, then they will pay him what he wants. By the way, it likely won't take long for Markov to get hurt.

[/QUOTE]
    They've already had a scrimmage - are you sure he's not hurt already?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    They've already had a scrimmage - are you sure he's not hurt already?

[/QUOTE]

I read somewhere that the Habs did wind sprints the first practice and Markov made it through without any adverse affects. I have not seen the updated injury reports yet. ;]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Max Pac will run over Markov tomorrow in practice then blame it on Chara :D