NHL Transactions: Teams starting to move trades, signings and assignments

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: NHL Transactions: Teams starting to move trades, signings and assignments

In response to JWensink's comment:

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Go back to picking on Stan tough guy. Duz 90% of the board thought your position during the lockout was absurd and mindless. Keep up in a debate...lol. And yeah I do cut Stan some slack for what would appear to be obvious reasons, that out of respect I don't think would be appropiate to go into.You keep on hammering him though, that should make you proud, but not unexpected behavior from a low life. That's apparently not within your non existent character.  I'll let you get back to your drug usage now -

You're giving him a pass solely due to his ignorance? 

[/QUOTE]

No, I gave you a pass for your ignorance, which your question and previous comment makes evident. Based on Stan's numerous posts, I take his remarks with more than a grain of salt, for what appears to be obvious reasons to me. They make me laugh, and I find that entertaining on some level. Figure it out...the man wants to be G.M. of the Bruins, and he's serious. Get it ?

For the record, I'd take Pk on this team in a heartbeat, and would give up a lot to get him. But, you go ahead and continue with the racist accusations about someone you never met...that's about as ignorant as it gets. But I guess you get the pass on that one to. 

[/QUOTE]

You need someone to help you with the big words don't you.?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Stop it guys. This is stupid. Dez and Fletch are pretty much saying it's okay to make fun of a mentally challenged person but not okay to mention someones race, which Stanley did not JWensink. JWensink cheered him on. Now was he cheering on the mention of race or the other parts of his statement. Who knows, who cares. Certainly not worth arguing over.  Especially when neither of you are black..I don't know that for sure, I'm just guessing, and if you are, happy MLK day!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Stop it guys. This is stupid. Dez and Fletch are pretty much saying it's okay to make fun of a mentally challenged person but not okay to mention someones race, which Stanley did not JWensink. JWensink cheered him on. Now was he cheering on the mention of race or the other parts of his statement. Who knows, who cares. Certainly not worth arguing over.  Especially when neither of you are black..I don't know that for sure, I'm just guessing, and if you are, happy MLK day!

Who aside from Wendy is calling Stanley mentally challenged? And feel free to mention anyone's race if you'd like but don't use it as the reason that someone was able to succeed. I didn't call anyone but Stanley racist. In fact I made a point to say that we're all free to decide for ourselves what is right and what isn't. Wendy and yourself are welcome to think and feel however you'd like. Just as I'm free to think otherwise and say what i'd like to in response. Again, there were a few of us (not just me and Fletch) who felt some comments on this thread were innappropriate. Frankly, I don't care if you or anyone else agrees with me but I certainly won't just sit here being admonished for having felt the way I do and then commenting on it. RHO is black and also felt the comments were wrong. Is that good enough for you since I guess you think I'm too white to find racism offensive?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

BTW Kel, I have no issue with you or anyone else who thinks differently than I do. The world would get awfully boring if we all felt the same way. You and I have had many a debate if I remember correctly and we managed to remain cordial. What I won't stand for is someone who gets belligerent every time someone disagrees with them. Cheers! Go Bruins!

Also Kel, this is the guy you're sticking up for....

JWensink-I won't ever apologize for appreciating what the NHL is not - you think there's not a problem with the culture in the NBA or the NFL ? Oh...he said that he likes white guys who don't have 7 children with 7 women, carry guns, have dreadlocks coming out of their helmets, wearing 100,000 worth of earrings, and are covered on tattoos and conduct themselves like "gangstas" ...what a "racist"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUax7np9ii4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoxuuh-7A4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K54HtDndEPk

I suspect that Luongo will be traded for prospects/picks to clear up cap space.  Ballard won't be around much longer, either.

I'm not really moved by you tube links, just tell me.  You see him a lot and would know better than me.  He's very good defensively?  You're happy with $5 million per for him?

Seriously, If you say so I will agree, because don't know that much about him.  It seemed like a lot to me and I am still surprised by the Zajac signing.  I don't have a real strong opinion on this one though.  More of an impression...could be wrong...

[/QUOTE]

I think that Edler is one of the better young D-men around, and that he'll be anchoring the Canucks blueline for a long time.  Yes, I'm happy with him being signed long term, and I think that by yr 2 or 3 of this contract, that $5m/yr will appear to be a bargain.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Go back to picking on Stan tough guy. Duz 90% of the board thought your position during the lockout was absurd and mindless. Keep up in a debate...lol. And yeah I do cut Stan some slack for what would appear to be obvious reasons, that out of respect I don't think would be appropiate to go into.You keep on hammering him though, that should make you proud, but not unexpected behavior from a low life. That's apparently not within your non existent character.  I'll let you get back to your drug usage now -

You're giving him a pass solely due to his ignorance? 

[/QUOTE]

No, I gave you a pass for your ignorance, which your question and previous comment makes evident. Based on Stan's numerous posts, I take his remarks with more than a grain of salt, for what appears to be obvious reasons to me. They make me laugh, and I find that entertaining on some level. Figure it out...the man wants to be G.M. of the Bruins, and he's serious. Get it ?

For the record, I'd take Pk on this team in a heartbeat, and would give up a lot to get him. But, you go ahead and continue with the racist accusations about someone you never met...that's about as ignorant as it gets. But I guess you get the pass on that one to. 

[/QUOTE]

I've had no problems with Stanley's previously outlandish comments over the years because they were harmless, fun stuff.  I thought that was this thing.  No problem with that at all.  Calling the Bruins to win in a specific year or suggesting Khudobin will be the starter isn't in the same category as this: "personnaly I dont think that Subban is that good , I think he is overated because he is black..." 

Don't automatically diagnose or assume there are other "obvious reasons" as you say for his words.  I and others are taking them as they appeared in his post.  Get it?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

BTW Kel, I have no issue with you or anyone else who thinks differently than I do. The world would get awfully boring if we all felt the same way. You and I have had many a debate if I remember correctly and we managed to remain cordial. What I won't stand for is someone who gets belligerent every time someone disagrees with them. Cheers! Go Bruins!

JWensink-I won't ever apologize for appreciating what the NHL is not - you think there's not a problem with the culture in the NBA or the NFL ? Oh...he said that he likes white guys who don't have 7 children with 7 women, carry guns, have dreadlocks coming out of their helmets, wearing 100,000 worth of earrings, and are covered on tattoos and conduct themselves like "gangstas" ...what a "racist"

Well said Dez, always love your posts...I should have just minded my own business. If my wife was in this forum I would have been getting kicked in the shin under the table!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Well said Dez, always love your posts...I should have just minded my own business. If my wife was in this forum I would have been getting kicked in the shin under the table!

Kel, I know you were just tired of seeing us acting like kids on the schoolyard. No worries at all buddy. Cheers! Go Bruins!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Kel, I know you were just tired of seeing us acting like kids on the schoolyard. No worries at all buddy. Cheers! Go Bruins!

If you read what I said, you moronic scuzz , It was said in reference to what was being implied by others about me for a harmless comment that had zero raicism behind it. But that won't stop someone like you to take the chance to exploit it anyway.

You don't have a brain large enough to know the difference. 

What you don't like is that I call you out, so you'll take anything you can get your hands on to attack me for doing so.  It's a sick way of validating yourself for acceptance. Make me out to be a racist, and it makes all my comments about you less valid in your chemically corroded mind.  

Go spend some Government tax dollars on more drugs for yourself

Cheers! another example of sucking up for approval - You pathetic insecure little weasel

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

If you read what I said, you moronic scuzz , It was said in reference to what was being implied by others about me for a harmless comment that had zero raicism behind it. But that won't stop someone like you to take the chance to exploit it anyway.

You don't have a brain large enough to know the difference. 

What you don't like is that I call you out, so you'll take anything you can get your hands on to attack me for doing so.  It's a sick way of validating yourself for acceptance. Make me out to be a racist, and it makes all my comments about you less valid in your chemically corroded mind.  

Go spend some Government tax dollars on more drugs for yourself

Cheers! another example of sucking up for approval - You pathetic insecure little weasel

Sure it wasn't racist. I'm sure you deleted those posts for some other reason right? Perhaps you could just own up to your words but that's not your style right? You like to cry and resort to childish name calling instead. No wonder you can't win a debate when your top material amounts to "I know you are but what am I". I actually had no idea you've ever called me out. I'm a simple man but I own you intellectually. You're an absolute dunce. The fact that you don't realize doesn't change things a bit. Again, it seems to really bother you to be bested over and over by a guy who smokes weed all the time but I really can't help it that you're an imbecile. Here, let me help you out....

imbecile ‚

im·be·cile [im-buh-sil, -‰l or, esp. British, -seel] Show IPA

noun

1. Informal. a dunce; blockhead; dolt.

2. Psychology . (no longer in technical use; considered offensive) a person of the second order in a former and discarded classification of mental retardation, above the level of idiocy, having a mental age of seven or eight years and an intelligence quotient of 25 to 50

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Kelvana, I haven't said one single word about mentally challenged people.  Not sure what you're talking about.

As for Wensink, he's just a tool.  I've seen plenty of his ugly comments and then watch him tuck and run from the heat.  It's a pattern.  I'm not all up in arms, but I think it's dumb so I'm saying so.  I like lots of the people I argue with here, and like just about all of the regular posters.  Just not Wensink.  He's a loser.  I think Dez has seen the same thing.  Good for him.

I'm not prolonging this either.  I don't ever read most of Wensink's posts because it's all whining and crying now.  Just responding to yours.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think that Edler is one of the better young D-men around, and that he'll be anchoring the Canucks blueline for a long time.  Yes, I'm happy with him being signed long term, and I think that by yr 2 or 3 of this contract, that $5m/yr will appear to be a bargain.

[/QUOTE]

Hope you didn't watch the game last night...;)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I know, I know, it's just one game, and I think you're right about Edler, seriously.

But I had to chuckle seeing this this morning:

Bob McKenzie â€@TSNBobMcKenzie

Hamhuis/Edler beaten all over ice. Lapierre manhandled by Getzlaf. One breakdown after another that should eclipse goalie story but won't.

Collapse 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If you guys/women/children wouldn't mind, we're trying to talk about hockey here.

The Edler contract is good.  They're paying a young guy $5M/yr to be their #1 d-man for the next six years.  I can't understand why anyone would have an issue with it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

If you guys/women/children wouldn't mind, we're trying to talk about hockey here.

The Edler contract is good.  They're paying a young guy $5M/yr to be their #1 d-man for the next six years.  I can't understand why anyone would have an issue with it.

Fair enough, I think it's more that they have 5 D-men getting over $4 million now and they appear to not be a great unit.  With a ton of money committed to goal and a ton to spend on stars up front.  Seems questionable to me, but maybe I'm underestimating Edler.  Let's see in a few years. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Fair enough, I think it's more that they have 5 D-men getting over $4 million now and they appear to not be a great unit.  With a ton of money committed to goal and a ton to spend on stars up front.  Seems questionable to me, but maybe I'm underestimating Edler.  Let's see in a few years. 

Taking into account what their goalies, forwards and other defensemen make?  That has no bearing on the Edler contract.  They got their #1 young defenseman locked up for the next six years at $5M per. 

It's not like they could have said, "Listen, it's $4M or you're walking."  Then they would have to go out and find a suitable replacement for their #1 defenseman for under the $5M.  That's no easy task.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Of course the rest of the payroll matters.  I think that they are going to have to let a key player walk at some point or least patch together some short term deals for them.  They've said Edler isn't that player and I was surprised.  Maybe they'll get it all resolved, but right now their cap issues seem significant to me and some big signings/decisions are looming.

That said, I don't feel all that confident in my argument here because I don't know Edler that well.  I didn't really think of him as a #1, but my world is spoiled by Chara.  Mine was a gut reaction.  How about I just defer to you guys on this one...good signing...?

Taking into account what their goalies, forwards and other defensemen make?  That has no bearing on the Edler contract.  They got their #1 young defenseman locked up for the next six years at $5M per. 

It's not like they could have said, "Listen, it's $4M or you're walking."  Then they would have to go out and find a suitable replacement for their #1 defenseman for under the $5M.  That's no easy task.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Who is it you plan to chase from thread to thread this season now that Chowdah made you look like a fool the last time you tried it? Clean up your own backyard "A" whole.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=414053

"The Toronto Maple Leafs have signed forward Joffrey Lupul to a five-year, $26.25-million contract extension through the 2017-18 season. Lupul is currently making $4.25-million this season and was heading for unrestricted free agency after this year.

Lupul, 29, played 66 games in 2011-12 and ranked second on the Leafs in goals (25), assists (42), points (67) and powerplay goals (8)."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=414053

"The Toronto Maple Leafs have signed forward Joffrey Lupul to a five-year, $26.25-million contract extension through the 2017-18 season. Lupul is currently making $4.25-million this season and was heading for unrestricted free agency after this year.

Lupul, 29, played 66 games in 2011-12 and ranked second on the Leafs in goals (25), assists (42), points (67) and powerplay goals (8)."

That's what I would call a "correct" contract.  It's of reasonable length for his age, and of reasonable dollars for his production.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yep And the Leafs really need to keep the few players that can actually play.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yep And the Leafs really need to keep the few players that can actually play.

With Lupul, Kessel and Grabovski, they have three pretty high quality forwards.  Soft as Bhab, but that's a different topic.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=651826&navid=nhl:topheads

Scott Gomez should become a member of the San Jose Sharks on Tuesday, according to TSN’s Darren Dreger.

After his contract was bought out by the Montreal Canadiens last week, Gomez joined the Sharks for practices but has yet to sign a contract with the club. Gomez traveled with the Sharks to Calgary for Sunday’s game against the Flames."

That was pretty quick

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=651826&navid=nhl:topheads

Scott Gomez should become a member of the San Jose Sharks on Tuesday, according to TSN’s Darren Dreger.

After his contract was bought out by the Montreal Canadiens last week, Gomez joined the Sharks for practices but has yet to sign a contract with the club. Gomez traveled with the Sharks to Calgary for Sunday’s game against the Flames."

That was pretty quick

Even just last season Gomez showed flashes of the dangerous player that he used to be. He was another case of a player that wasn't living up to his high contract. He's still capable of helping an NHL team win some games. I'm not at all surprised he's getting a look.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Even just last season Gomez showed flashes of the dangerous player that he used to be. He was another case of a player that wasn't living up to his high contract. He's still capable of helping an NHL team win some games. I'm not at all surprised he's getting a look.

I think Gomez will excel in his role with SJ. Just a great place with all their offense depth so the pressure isn't so much. Northern California media vs Montreal media will be atotal relief as well, total opposite for Gomez.