Nitwits

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Nitwits

Every one of the sports boards has at least one attention seeking tool who posts the  same material over and over in different threads. here Stan about Thornton, Bill 806 on baseball about Ellsbury, Celts threads 2 guys who want Asik. Football guys who don't like Rusty.  Iadmit I probably insult them to my own  detriment  How do u best deal with this stuff?  Ignore?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Nitwits

There's plenty of hockey posters who don't like Rusty either. The trolls I tend to ignore - but Stan's not really a troll - he's just nuts.

I do find myself trying to reason with them and I have no idea why I bother. It can be maddening. I've lost count of how many times I've typed the sentence "Bobby Orr wasn't traded."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Every one of the sports boards has at least one attention seeking tool who posts the  same material over and over in different threads. here Stan about Thornton, Bill 806 on baseball about Ellsbury, Celts threads 2 guys who want Asik. Football guys who don't like Rusty.  Iadmit I probably insult them to my own  detriment  How do u best deal with this stuff?  Ignore?

[/QUOTE]

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

This.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Ignore works well, but that's hard when they're starting new threads all the time (and you can't see the author for the threads anymore).  

The ones that are here now aren't that bad -- nothing like null or the true trolls that used to start 10 new threads a day. 

If they get too obnoxious, they'll disappear.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

We have a Panthers troll who comes in here on a regular basis. He's very annoying.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I do my best to ignore, but then sometimes I lose it.

This place used to be more fun, but then Stanley got crazier

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We have a Panthers troll who comes in here on a regular basis. He's very annoying.

[/QUOTE]

Rumour is that he's actually Obama.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

The Bruins board isn't too bad, but I can hardly bare to look at the other three. I dunno, don't take them seriously I guess. They can be somewhat entertaining.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Mr. PM I presume? The Panther Troll is flatly denying the accusation.  In keeping with that thought, Stanley is a GM assistant and a telephone call away from PC.  

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nah, too many posts that praise Thomas.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

That's just his cover.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]

That's just his cover.

[/QUOTE]

When he's not busy wiggling his toes in the sand.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What's that ? Nitwits you say ? Oh my ...how to deal with these nitwits. Can someone please offer some help on this matter ? I truly must avoid them on these multiple boards I visit because ....well, they seek attention. So...it seems that I should dedicate a thread to these attention seeking nitwits, so I may acquire some help from others in devising a plan on how best to deal with these attention seeking nitwits. Ah yes... the old ignore button seems to be the consensus choice of those fellow posters who also are disturbed by these nitwits who seek attention.

Try this

Either that or "ignore them" if you are tough enough to do so without using a button

And what ever you do NEVER start a thread giving "attention" to anyone who causes you distress for "seeking attention"

Nitwit would be a step up in this case

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

That's just his cover.

[/QUOTE]

And I thought GNB had it bad being suspected of Fluto!

Listen, while you fools hang out and wonder if you should give in and go start your car 10 minutes before work, I wonder if the windy conditions will be bringing enough waves to make Saturday a surfing day.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

That's just his cover.

[/QUOTE]

And I thought GNB had it bad being suspected of Fluto!

Listen, while you fools hang out and wonder if you should give in and go start your car 10 minutes before work, I wonder if the windy conditions will be bringing enough waves to make Saturday a surfing day.

[/QUOTE]

F*$# off.

(14 degrees in Denver this morning...)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

-35 celsius here. It would be a luxury to only have to warm the car up for 10 minutes. More like 15, if it even turns over at all......sigh.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

-35 celsius here. It would be a luxury to only have to warm the car up for 10 minutes. More like 15, if it even turns over at all......sigh.

Uhhh, that's sounds pretty...uhhh...what's uh, how many kilos is that...?

#americansneverlearnedmetric

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Funny stuff Fletch.

But seriously, I'm headed over to Hollywood this afternoon to check the surf.  It's been windy and I know some of my co-workers down here (not really friends yet) were out yesterday.  It's not California or Hawaii quality, but when it's blustery, the waves can be big enough to get the heart rate up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Funny stuff Fletch.

But seriously, I'm headed over to Hollywood this afternoon to check the surf.  It's been windy and I know some of my co-workers down here (not really friends yet) were out yesterday.  It's not California or Hawaii quality, but when it's blustery, the waves can be big enough to get the heart rate up.

[/QUOTE]

Lucky baztard.  Still planning a trip there in March for the B's.  Let me know what beach(es) to hit....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Thanks for reminding me why I moved to BC

(And Fletch, that's minus 31 F btw - I love the Prairies, but I don't miss the winters)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I do.  Prairie winters are awesome.  Cold so sharp there's no humidity at all because any water vapour in the air has frosted to the nearest surface.  Everything crunches.  Sound travels better.  Literally awesome.

I hate Ontario winters.  Freezing rain, slush, everything looks like a giant baby puked beet puree.  At least in the cities.  Winter clothes get soggy in the humidity, and the chill sucks the marrow out of your bones.

That said, I'd find the sameness of Florida weather equally oppressive.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Book, I will give Prairie winters one major plus - at least you see the Sun. Cold as heck, but clear blue skies. Here in Van our last sunny day was Remembrance Day, and now we likely won't see the Sun again until Easter. The perpetual grey can get oppressive.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

How many months does it last, Red. I was in Vancouver about amonth ago and had a great time although the weather was not great.. As for surfing Nas Tofino seemed like a cool place

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

-39 now. My furnace stopped working to boot. Tell my wife and kids I love them......lol.

#iamamericanandilearnedjustfine