No goal tonight...3 goals in the last 3 games??? What's wrong??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

Re: No goal tonight...3 goals in the last 3 games??? What's wrong??

In Response to No goal tonight...3 goals in the last 3 games??? What's wrong??:
    [QUOTE]only 3 goals in the last 3 games ..what is going on ??? and Columbus our next opponent is starting to play better...I dont like this ... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Some times in sports fortune is fickle and luck streaky. Not only did the B's hit the iron 5 times last night, but the puck never seemed to drop right for them like it did for FL (a bit of a lucky rebound on their only goal against Thomas). They played pretty good. Not worried.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: No goal tonight...3 goals in the last 3 games??? What's wrong??:
    [QUOTE]Not happy ! The bruins were not good and the only reason they did not loose 6-1 is TimThomas.Florida was great with the puck and passing was nice and i`m pissed.The Bruins were getting beat 1on1 and when they shot from the point they hit nothing but florida legs. Florida deserved this game and proved it.I have been a bruins fan since i can remember.Maybe 1975.They sucked tonight!!!!
    Posted by jamminjim[/QUOTE]

I agree with Wheatskins on this one: WHAT GAME WERE YOU WATCHING???  The Bruins were CLEARLY the better team last night.  Yes...there were moments here and there that Florida looked strong.  But Mr. Theodore and Mr. Crossbar were the reason that the Panthers didn't lose 5 - 1.  Boston DOMINATED them for long stretches of that game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccoul. Show ccoul's posts

If i hear one more "Ping" off the crossbar tomnorrow i'm going to shoot my TV.
    The B's have hit  probalby 8 Crossbars in the past 2 games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In Response to Re: No goal tonight...3 goals in the last 3 games??? What's wrong??:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No goal tonight...3 goals in the last 3 games??? What's wrong?? : Hunt, Seguin had over 1 1/2 minutes more ice time then his season average last night . The first line had the most minutes and rightfully so. They have been the team's biggest offensive threat as of late . Still, Seguin had a lot of ice time last night ( over 18 minutes ). The Leafs rely on Kessel for goals more then the Bruins rely on Seguin ( Bruins scoring is more spread out over 3 lines ) thus the reason why Kessel gets loads of ice time.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

I know you are right and the reason the Bruins are so strong is because they have so many guys who can chip in or take turns stepping up.  I just wish when Tyler was really flying that CJ would get him some extra ice because he brings an offensive upside that none of the other Bruins have.  It may not actually be the case but it seems sometimes that CJ still holds him back a little, like he is concerned that TS might become bigger than the team.  I haven't done the research but I would think most teams's top scorers are in the top 2 or 3 minutes played for fowards on their team.  Again I know the balanced attack is what makes the Bruins great so I will have to be patient as will Tyler.  It is hard to argue with success.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamminjim. Show jamminjim's posts

I was watching a game I watched twice and as the Bruins hit posts,legs.bodys,Florida got better at there passing and controled 1on1,I sat there saying Florida deserves this game.They out hustled  in2 and 3 and built momentum.I was waiting for them to score.It was a bad game for A STANLEY CUP team.I think they will be fine but this team should score more.does anyone have the stat of shots from the point hitting the goalie.We all know that they are 14-0 when scoring 3.Lets get it going!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]They will be fine.  It is just a mini slump.  I would suggest however that your leading scorer and biggest offensive threat should not be 6th or 7th of the forwards in ice time.  I know he doesn't play on the penalty kill but either does Kessel and he gets 20 minutes plus a game.  
    Posted by huntbri[/QUOTE]

hall gets more icetime than seguin.  pc and cj could learn a few things from tambellini and renney.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]I was watching a game I watched twice and as the Bruins hit posts,legs.bodys,Florida got better at there passing and controled 1on1,I sat there saying Florida deserves this game.They out hustled  in2 and 3 and built momentum.I was waiting for them to score.It was a bad game for A STANLEY CUP team.I think they will be fine but this team should score more.does anyone have the stat of shots from the point hitting the goalie.We all know that they are 14-0 when scoring 3.Lets get it going!!!
    Posted by jamminjim[/QUOTE]

i haven't checked the facts, but i think this the 1st time in history that a stanley cup winning team suffered a shutout in a game the following season.

i'll start to go with nas's sig after this post.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Just subtle enough, I almost took you seriously gnb.  I was thinking "this guy is usually sharper than this...".  Which also says how used to that kind of stupid you can get on this kind of thread.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No goal tonight...3 goals in the last 3 games??? What's wrong?? : hall gets more icetime than seguin.  pc and cj could learn a few things from tambellini and renney.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

You're absolutely right ! Taylor Hall averages 16:44 per game . Tyler Seguin 16:43. Renney and Tambellini are much smarter.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

If you can go 15 or 16 games without a regulation loss in today's NHL, the probability of losing a few straight is there. Of course, if you play goalie like Jose Theodore did v. B's, no one beats him..No one. That was as brilliant a game by an opposing goalie I've seen a long time. Totally stole the game for his team. Sort of like Tim has done many times over the years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

Publicly outing a professional player is not good for team morale.

CJ did everything correct except he should have kept his mouth shut publicly.

The team is sending him a message.

They'll be OK tonight

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Publicly outing a professional player is not good for team morale. CJ did everything correct except he should have kept his mouth shut publicly. The team is sending him a message. They'll be OK tonight
    Posted by skater68[/QUOTE]
    Nobody said he was gay.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

[QUOTE]They got beat by 2 hot goalies who stood on their head. Theodore always seems to save his best for the Bruins !!
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

Indeed.....Do you remember Theodore making an unconscious save against Billy Guerin in that infamous playoff series a few years back? Richard Zednik went on to score the only goal of the game against Raycroft to sink the B's. Man that hurt.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]If you can go 15 or 16 games without a regulation loss in today's NHL, the probability of losing a few straight is there. Of course, if you play goalie like Jose Theodore did v. B's, no one beats him..No one. That was as brilliant a game by an opposing goalie I've seen a long time. Totally stole the game for his team. Sort of like Tim has done many times over the years.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Totally disagree. The Bruins have a terrible habit of making goalies look like Jacques Plante. Theodore played very well, but the Bs hit 3 posts, failed to finish numerous times and did not capitalize on a single sloppy rebound Theodore left laying around.  It was essentially the same effort as against Pavlec. Lots of shots, none all that difficult, very few rebound or high percentage scoring opportunities.

Any goalie will tell you just because there 40 shots doesnt mean they were good shots.  The B's this year have shown a propensity to pile up shots without testing a goalie all that much.

The last 2 losses were not because the Bs had the games stolen from them by incredible goaltending. Simply not true.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I saw three point blank brilliant stops by Theodore....you are way off on this one, Illinois

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

I agree with Illinois. Not one difficult save all night.

I could have been in net for the Panthers and the result would have been the same.