No matter what PC says, Bruins MUST sign at least 2 FA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Re: No matter what PC says, Bruins MUST sign at least 2 FA

In Response to Re: No matter what PC says, Bruins MUST sign at least 2 FA:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No matter what PC says, Bruins MUST sign at least 2 FA : He tried to hurt him?  really?  in hockey? no way.  was Marchand trying to hurt Sedin?  Was Lucic trying to hurt Burrows?  What about shooting the pucks at Luongo(classy?), what about the entire run where our guys were constantly running people and were under league review?   I call it playoof hockey.  Apparently when its done back they are d bags.  But you should thank PK, Hartnell, Richards, Carcillo, Downie, Moore, Burrows, Rome, Lapierre etc etc.  Why you ask?  B/C they brought the best outta this group that Torres had a very good year, good playoffs and is a hitting machine.  If he were here you would all love him.  If he stops hitting and creating havoc he will be outta the league. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Watch the video again Shupe...

I agree with your second point, but none of the guys on the B's are genuinely d bags that try to actually injure guys...

Torres saw an opportunity for a crushing hit on Boychuk, left his feet, aimed high, and thankfully missed him all because his team was about to lose the Cup...

Do I agree that Marchand and some other guys on the B's can act questionably sometimes? Sure.

I can see how some can see the Machand-Sedin incident as deplorable, but I loved it because it showed how much of a b*tch Sedin was...

And if the table's were turned, my first reaction as a theoretical Canucks fan would be "I can't believe Sedin isn't sticking up for himself."

But I know for a fact no one on the B's tries to actually injure other players because players like that don't deserve to play the game...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No matter what PC says, Bruins MUST sign at least 2 FA : I agree with allowing the young guys to prove themselves with the deadline as an area to improve depth.  I disagree with the price that has to be paid at the deadline. I also think adding a dman at the deadline is problematic b/c they have to try and adapt to a new system. Spend money only on a top 4 dman.  Wait until the deadline to add fwd depth.  I still would rather add Pitkanen and Laich now.  And then let the second fwd spot go to a rookie.
    I'll drink to that kool-aid you're talking Shupe. i honestly don't see why so many are for Jokinen! The guy's a plug! Is it because he could score in the shoot-outs for that one season?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No matter what PC says, Bruins MUST sign at least 2 FA : Watch the video again Shupe... I agree with your second point, but none of the guys on the B's are genuinely d bags that try to actually injure guys... Torres saw an opportunity for a crushing hit on Boychuk, left his feet, aimed high, and thankfully missed him all because his team was about to lose the Cup... Do I agree that Marchand and some other guys on the B's can act questionably sometimes? Sure. I can see how some can see the Machand-Sedin incident as deplorable, but I loved it because it showed how much of a b*tch Sedin was... And if the table's were turned, my first reaction as a theoretical Canucks fan would be "I can't believe Sedin isn't sticking up for himself." But I know for a fact no one on the B's tries to actually injure other players because players like that don't deserve to play the game...
    Posted by mannyortez3424[/QUOTE]

Lets just tip toe down memory lane for a minute.
    Habs series- constant shots at PK, running of Spacek from behind which was reviewed, Finger given and player fined, AF then shoulders Halperen.  I know, they deserved it.   And we are a clean high class club. 
    Philly series- sucker punches by Horton-Lucic(New Bruise Brothers), some questionable hits. 
    TBay- again some more sucker punches from the Bruise brothers on a young dman and Moore(who can be agitating), we then  top it off by a player throwing a water bottle-spraying. 
    Van- do I even need to go into everything the Bruins did in this series.  eye for eye for sure. 

Now in conclusion I believe all is fare in love and war.  I often-and mean often point that we arent this clean cut church group.  We have been involved in more questionable hits as a team this year than any team and were in the media all year. 

Torres did what players do in the playoffs.  They hit, they battle and they do anything to win.  Just like our team did and ultimately we won.  We didnt win a fine skill game.  We did what the other teams did and then some.  Outside of Boston this is a hated club for the same reason fans outside of Van is.  Bullies is a word I hear a lot and laugh.  I have family that are all habs fans, friends that are Leafs fans.  They all think Boston are a bunch of bullies that got every call in the playoffs.  Makes me laugh and enjoy it more but don't kid yourself.  We are a hated team. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No matter what PC says, Bruins MUST sign at least 2 FA : I'll drink to that kool-aid you're talking Shupe. i honestly don't see why so many are for Jokinen! The guy's a plug! Is it because he could score in the shoot-outs for that one season?
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Jokinen is Ryder who can score on the Penalty Shot.  Let the Islanders sign Jokinen and we stick to hard working team guys.  We dont need a lot, we have everything going our way.  Lets put a nail in the leagues coffin and sign a few guys now to make our team a team from the start.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

We have $15M us Savvy doesn't return, we have so few holes to fill, why not spend a good chunk of that cap space on a stud dman or forward, along with mrchand, and a call up maybe two, plus have 4 mill or so leftover on the cap for flexibility?  Other teams will continue to improve, and I'd rather rely a bit less on TT, and add some additional offense or dmen to help take some of the load off TT.  We all hear about pitt bein healthy, mtl with lots of cap space etc. 

Things in the NHL are tight, a bounce one way or the other could have written a different story, why not solidify yourself even more by adding real strength to this roster?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Oh, and as vets come off the books, you have good young talent ready to replace it without having to rush these prospects to the NHL before fully developing. 

Would still love seeing Yandle come back to home to Boston, and adding another conn smythe winner in Richards on the PP would be pretty nice next year (not sure richards fits positionally here other than the PP though, and too many desperate teams will give him a boatload of money and years, which we shouldn't stretch for).  Either way, I hope we use some of this cap space to really improve upon last years team while continuing to develop the major talent we are stocking in the drafts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Oh, and as vets come off the books, you have good young talent ready to replace it without having to rush these prospects to the NHL before fully developing.  Would still love seeing Yandle come back to home to Boston, and adding another conn smythe winner in Richards on the PP would be pretty nice next year (not sure richards fits positionally here other than the PP though, and too many desperate teams will give him a boatload of money and years, which we shouldn't stretch for).  Either way, I hope we use some of this cap space to really improve upon last years team while continuing to develop the major talent we are stocking in the drafts.
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]

Good posts, but don't hold your breath on Yandle unless you wanna include Lucic or DK.  Yandle is the best kept secret in the league.  Absolute stud.  Which also means the asking price is extremely high. 

I want to add now over later.  Trade deadlines don't always work.  I would rather just spend money and get someone we really want.  Pitkanen+Laich= repeat. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No matter what PC says, Bruins MUST sign at least 2 FA : Lets just tip toe down memory lane for a minute. Habs series- constant shots at PK, running of Spacek from behind which was reviewed, Finger given and player fined, AF then shoulders Halperen.  I know, they deserved it.   And we are a clean high class club.  Philly series- sucker punches by Horton-Lucic(New Bruise Brothers), some questionable hits.  TBay- again some more sucker punches from the Bruise brothers on a young dman and Moore(who can be agitating), we then  top it off by a player throwing a water bottle-spraying.  Van- do I even need to go into everything the Bruins did in this series.  eye for eye for sure.  Now in conclusion I believe all is fare in love and war.  I often-and mean often point that we arent this clean cut church group.  We have been involved in more questionable hits as a team this year than any team and were in the media all year.  Torres did what players do in the playoffs.  They hit, they battle and they do anything to win.  Just like our team did and ultimately we won.  We didnt win a fine skill game.  We did what the other teams did and then some.  Outside of Boston this is a hated club for the same reason fans outside of Van is.  Bullies is a word I hear a lot and laugh.  I have family that are all habs fans, friends that are Leafs fans.  They all think Boston are a bunch of bullies that got every call in the playoffs.  Makes me laugh and enjoy it more but don't kid yourself.  We are a hated team. 

Well said...

I'm definitely well aware how hated the Bruins are outside of Boston...

But I'm just saying outside of some incidents, the Bruins won the Stanley Cup and I'm glad they did it the right way...

That's all...

Also, back on topic, with Savvy, Marchand, Ryder, and Kaberle off the books the Bruins have $16,104,167 in cap space...

I certainly hope PC brings in a FA...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No matter what PC says, Bruins MUST sign at least 2 FA : Good posts, but don't hold your breath on Yandle unless you wanna include Lucic or DK.  Yandle is the best kept secret in the league.  Absolute stud.  Which also means the asking price is extremely high.  I want to add now over later.  Trade deadlines don't always work.  I would rather just spend money and get someone we really want.  Pitkanen+Laich= repeat. 

I don't know much about pitkanen, but everyone wants him, what type of player is he?    He's the only guy I don't remember much about.

As for Yandle, offer sheet?  At this point, I would give up our own late picks for a guy like that.  Not sure we can get it done now though since Burke holds our 2nd rounder next season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No matter what PC says, Bruins MUST sign at least 2 FA : Good posts, but don't hold your breath on Yandle unless you wanna include Lucic or DK.  Yandle is the best kept secret in the league.  Absolute stud.  Which also means the asking price is extremely high.  I want to add now over later.  Trade deadlines don't always work.  I would rather just spend money and get someone we really want.  Pitkanen+Laich= repeat

100% agreed.  Both guys would fit perfectly in Boston and it's a very realistic possibility...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No matter what PC says, Bruins MUST sign at least 2 FA : I don't know much about pitkanen, but everyone wants him, what type of player is he?    He's the only guy I don't remember much about. As for Yandle, offer sheet?  At this point, I would give up our own late picks for a guy like that.  Not sure we can get it done now though since Burke holds our 2nd rounder next season.
    Pitkanen is a slick puck moving dman who would anchor or PP, is 27.  IF we are gonna throw a contract out there he would be ideal b/c he fills the needs of this club.  We dont really need a big clubber back there b/c we have many of that style.  Pitkanen in my eyes will be everything we wanted from Kaberle but didnt get.
    I would lay a offer sheet for Yandle in a heartbeat.  We already have a boat load of young talent.  Yandle to the Bruins would be a deathblow to the Eastern conference and league.   But you better anti-up 6.5 million per or it will be matched or beat by another club. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

On laich, I think he's a good player, but do we really need another 15-low 20's goal scorer?  I know he brings alot more, and adds toughness, but at what point do we actually get a guy in here who can put up some real points to help keep us on this level.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No matter what PC says, Bruins MUST sign at least 2 FA : Well said... I'm definitely well aware how hated the Bruins are outside of Boston... But I'm just saying outside of some incidents, the Bruins won the Stanley Cup and I'm glad they did it the right way... That's all... Also, back on topic, with Savvy, Marchand, Ryder, and Kaberle off the books the Bruins have $16,104,167 in cap space... I certainly hope PC brings in a FA...
    Posted by mannyortez3424[/QUOTE]

Dude, for me its hockey.  Its supposed to be a war.  Just think hopw exciting each round was.  Hate and hockey makes for great watching.  I get my chain rattled on here a lot for pointing it out. 

And 16 million is great.  After we lock up our RFA it won't be that much.  Plus we need to lock DK in now. I would rather spend some of that on them 1st.  But, we still have lots left to play with.  Every year there is turnover. 
    Priority List:
    1. Top 4 Dman who can log lots of minutes.
    2. Top 9 fwd. 

3 spots will be open.  Recchi-Ryder-Kaberle
    Pitkanen/Laich/Caron

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]On laich, I think he's a good player, but do we really need another 15-low 20's goal scorer?  I know he brings alot more, and adds toughness, but at what point do we actually get a guy in here who can put up some real points to help keep us on this level.

Outside of Richards he is the best out there.  He should have been named the Capitals Captain.  On a line with Bergie and Marchand he will be a Bruin favorite. Hard working, skill, 20 goal scorer, PP and PK, goes in  all the dirty areas to make a play.  Can play center or wing.  Can play anywhere in your top 9 and only help.  In the last minute of a game you always tap his shoulder and say get out there. 
    Yes, we want him as will every other team in the league.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No matter what PC says, Bruins MUST sign at least 2 FA : Outside of Richards he is the best out there.  He should have been named the Capitals Captain.  On a line with Bergie and Marchand he will be a Bruin favorite. Hard working, skill, 20 goal scorer, PP and PK, goes in  all the dirty areas to make a play.  Can play center or wing.  Can play anywhere in your top 9 and only help.  In the last minute of a game you always tap his shoulder and say get out there.  Yes, we want him as will every other team in the league.
    You beat me to it, Shupe! And, it's not as if he was playing with Ovi or Nicky Backstrom all the time. Shupe, do you know who his linemates were? Semin? And who else?

It should also be noted that his numbers going down was imo, in part because Bruce switched to more of a defensive-style game. Regardless, still pretty good numbers for a guy in his first year in a new system, so to speak. I think he'd be DYNAMITE, and a 50-55+ point guy playing with Bergy and Marshmont. That line would have it all, speed, versatility, physical play, and a VERY high hockey IQ

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No matter what PC says, Bruins MUST sign at least 2 FA : Outside of Richards he is the best out there.  He should have been named the Capitals Captain.  On a line with Bergie and Marchand he will be a Bruin favorite. Hard working, skill, 20 goal scorer, PP and PK, goes in  all the dirty areas to make a play.  Can play center or wing.  Can play anywhere in your top 9 and only help.  In the last minute of a game you always tap his shoulder and say get out there.  Yes, we want him as will every other team in the league.
    Man, oh, man...how would you like to be his agent? No doubt his phone will buzzing quite a bit...the second FA begins. What you and I have been saying in all of these threads, will be exactly what his agent will tell all interested teams, and rightfully so. He's gonna be a pretty rich guy when all is said and done.

Shupe, you've watched him and the CAPS more than I have. But, from every interview and what not, he gives me the vibe of the type of guy, that, will want to be paid, but wants to win as well. As in, if the offers are very close between say, Boston and Carolina, he'd choose Boston...even if they slightly outbid us.

I'm curious to have your thoughts on that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

As a GM especially for a cup winning team you need to take the advice of Kenny Rogers--- "you have to know when to hold them and know when to fold them".

Ryder falls under "know when to fold them".  Look at the body of work for the total time he was here--- he is not worth investing more $ to, when you have a kid with the potential to be real good @ a third of the cost.  Thank him for his services and wish him luck elsewhere.

Kaberle-- 1 to 2 years would be the max I would offer him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

ON Pitkanen a PMD that would make us wish that we had Wideman back.  His best year was 6 years ago with 13G and 46 points and a plus 22, he has been a negative player 4 of the 5 years since.
    Kab's best season was also 6 years ago and Wides was 3 years ago.

Wides also made the least of the 3.

Leave pitk where he is to, sign Kab for 3.5 or leave him.

Only UFA pmd worthy right now is Wisznew and he is not worth over 4M but will get 5M.

Pay the bucks for Weber 6.5M, Doughty 6.0M, or Yandle 5.5 to 6M and leave the rest.

It is all moot, if the PP is not rectified, the pmd will not get points to validate his existence, and that means a PP coach, or a lot more work on this part of the Bruin`s game, or new blood -March Seg Sauve type new blood, or addition of a sniper that works PP like Stamkos.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No matter what PC says, Bruins MUST sign at least 2 FA : Man, oh, man...how would you like to be his agent? No doubt his phone will buzzing quite a bit...the second FA begins. What you and I have been saying in all of these threads, will be exactly what his agent will tell all interested teams, and rightfully so. He's gonna be a pretty rich guy when all is said and done. Shupe, you've watched him and the CAPS more than I have. But, from every interview and what not, he gives me the vibe of the type of guy, that, will want to be paid, but wants to win as well. As in, if the offers are very close between say, Boston and Carolina, he'd choose Boston...even if they slightly outbid us. I'm curious to have your thoughts on that.
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]

At the start the year Semin was Ovie and Backstrom.  He played with Knuble and whoever they could plop in the center spot.  He also centered Ovie and Semin for a small sample size.  He played on the 3rd line for a while.  What I am getting at is that he plays whatever you want. Never complains, only excels in every situation he is placed in.  He took power skating two summers ago and he said his stride was amazingly better.  His speed definitely improved last year giving him more power when busting by a player. 

As I have stated he is about winning more than money.  He has stated publically that he wants to stay in Washington and its the Caps main priority and they have had a way of keeping their own.  He is a western canadian boy and should a team like Edmonton come at him I could see him going there.  Van will want him.  Montreal and Buffalo.  Everyone will want him.  If someone drops a brinks truck off we are out.  But if the money were similar I would think he would go to the cup contending team.  Thats just my thoughts.  Money has a strange way of changing people.  Anything over 4 million is over paying.  But then again we gave Ryder 4 million/yr.  So maybe he will land a 5 million dollar deal somewhere.  He would look pretty sweet on a front line with Carter and Nash. 
    He would look good on any team. 
    He is gonna make some huge dollars.  I think he resigns in Washington.  Although the Brouwer pickup has me wondering.  My darkhorse is Edmonton and my favorite outside of Washington is SJ.  They have lots of centers and no wingers.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]Only UFA pmd worthy right now is Wisznew and he is not worth over 4M but will get 5M. Pay the bucks for Weber 6.5M, Doughty 6.0M, or Yandle 5.5 to 6M and leave the rest.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

Bingo!  Get wiz for 4 or less if possible, otherwise, spend the $ on a guy you know wont dissapoint (all guys listed above).  It's worth the extra few mill per when you have known commodities rather than paying ryder and wideman $4M a year and u end up wasting that cap space anyways.  One top end talent type of guy in any position puts us in unreal/favorite type of shape.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Chara and Weber setting bombs from the point on the PP would make McInness and Pronger like peewees with pellet guns.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Chara and Weber setting bombs from the point on the PP would make McInness and Pronger like peewees with pellet guns.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE

Love Weber.  His shot is excellent b/c he hits the net.  Those two together in this lineup and we stamp our name on the eastern conference.  I would do back flips.  After i got back from the hospital from pulling every muscle in my body I would still be happy. 
    If they have 15 million available.  Actually with raises etc etc.  Why not put a 7.5 million offer sheet out to him. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I think Kaberle will be one of the FA's signed. It just makes sense from both a familiarity as well as political (PC won't want him to be viewed as the proverbial 3 month rental) standpoint. He seemed to be growing into the "system" as the playoffs wore on. They do need the mythical "PMD" to start the transition game and Tomas does fit the bill. I'd take him over Pitkanen.

They do need to get another forward as well, I agree that Claude's head might explode with so many rookie/2nd year players on board. Would love Laich on this team in Ryder's spot, like the rest of you. But what about a lower/mid tier guy like Leino or Bergenheim? I know neither is great but they seem like the type of guys CJ is comfortable with.

What ever PC decides to do (get a guy now or wait until the deadline) is fine with me. All debts have been paid already.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]I think Kaberle will be one of the FA's signed. It just makes sense from both a familiarity as well as political (PC won't want him to be viewed as the proverbial 3 month rental) standpoint. He seemed to be growing into the "system" as the playoffs wore on. They do need the mythical "PMD" to start the transition game and Tomas does fit the bill. I'd take him over Pitkanen. They do need to get another forward as well, I agree that Claude's head might explode with so many rookie/2nd year players on board. Would love Laich on this team in Ryder's spot, like the rest of you. But what about a lower/mid tier guy like Leino or Bergenheim? I know neither is great but they seem like the type of guys CJ is comfortable with. What ever PC decides to do (get a guy now or wait until the deadline) is fine with me. All debts have been paid already.
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

You could be spot on.  But if they utter the word 4+ million I immediately hate the idea.  Pitkanen is only 27.  Fire him in a structured system like this and his job becomes easy.  and his skill alone is better than any of the remaining ufa dmen(wiz included). 
    Leino and Bergenheim scare me.  Both were on fire in the playoffs going into contract yrs.  Chad Larose has always been a 3rd liner I like.   Max Talbot is another guy who could fit that mold. 
    Cole and Fiddler(like his game) are others I am sure they will look at.  Outside Laich I would put Cole as my top choice. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I was looking at Cole too, but like LaRose the B's always seemed to play well against them (in my fractured memory) so I probably think less of them than I should.