No More Fat Lucic???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

No More Fat Lucic???

Looks like Lucic is taking his off-season training pretty seriously.  Certainly a good sign for next year.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=19344&navid=DL|BOS|home

Bruins TV also has some video of his workouts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: No More Fat Lucic???

Kind of sad, really.  I enjoyed shouting "Fatty fatty fat fat!" when he scored (note: I did not do this...).

Makes me think of the interview with him where he talked about the year of 3-0 to golfing in four easy games.  I remember the first half of that game 7, Lucic was a force.  Scored, looked like he was not going to let the collapse happen even if he single-handly had to beat the Flyers.  So close.  In the interview, he spoke about having had a terrible year with the injuries, lack of confidence - much like this year.  But then in the playoffs, he started to get on a roll.  In the playoffs, despite the way they ended, he felt like he'd found his mojo, and he carried that into camp the next year - he was hungry, confident, and angry about the way the season ended.  That is, it was like someone had poked a bear.

We know how the next season played out - 30g for Lucic and a Cup for the Bruins.  Too much to hope for a parallel here given that Lucic was rolling in the Finals?

Are you not entertained?!?!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't care if he comes in chiseled like Brind'Amour.  He'll always be Fat Lucic in my mind.

One of the best nicknames ever.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Good for Lucic.  The best 2012-13 poster nickname was Cedfano without a doubt. 

A scientific theory should be as simple as possible, but no simpler. -- Albert Einstein

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't know about this.  Lucic did well being a Grizzly Bear -- packing on weight, hibernating, and then having more energy in the tank for the playoffs (with several maulings along the way).

I just hope that somebody comes to camp wicked fat for our amusement.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

David Duval won 11 tournaments in 38 starts during the late 90s...Fat. Then wanted to be chiseled like Tiger and then went through nothing but injuries the next 6 years. If Fat goes to Dunkin Donuts right after the cameras stops rolling I don't care.

If he stays in great shape then does his thing, create havoc, great. Either way Lucic is still Phat Daddy no matter how cross-fit he is!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I don't care if he comes in chiseled like Brind'Amour.  He'll always be Fat Lucic in my mind.

One of the best nicknames ever.

So let it be written; so let it be done.

Bring on Jarome and the Fat Man.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Are you not entertained?!?!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

He's gonna have a huge year, including winning Gold with Team Canada in February.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Looks like Lucic is taking his off-season training pretty seriously.  Certainly a good sign for next year.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=19344&navid=DL|BOS|home

Bruins TV also has some video of his workouts.

Crowls, I saw a pic of Dustin B and he's actually in decent shape too after reportedly playing much of last year at 300+.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I don't know about this.  Lucic did well being a Grizzly Bear -- packing on weight, hibernating, and then having more energy in the tank for the playoffs (with several maulings along the way).

As long as that somebody isn't a Bruin, Fletch.  I mean, what would his nickname be?  Tiny's taken, Fat's taken, Tank's taken, Pie-Face is taken - Chubbins?  Chunk?  Tubby?  Tkachuk?

Other than Fat, the best nickname earned by imitating Joey Chesnutt has gotta be Kyle Well-fed.

I'm going to take Phil Kessel if there's a pool.  I could see him getting complacent after the Toronto media decided he had "gotten the monkey off his back" by scoring a few goals in the playoffs.  Plus, he's getting close to the age where you can't rely on the ol' metabolism to keep you rolling.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to gord11's comment:

He's gonna have a huge year, including winning Gold with Team Canada in February.

If his Phat Daddy A__ makes the team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

No team in the hockey world has, 'a Lucic' - has an answer for him. And the entire hockey world is just a little afraid of him. For these reasons and more, he'll make that team - and flourish!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Wasn't it Camara who got a 5 minute major and a game misconduct for "hitting too hard" in an IIHF game? If they call the Olympic tourny the same way, Lucic may not be a good fit.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

[QUOTE]

As long as that somebody isn't a Bruin, Fletch.  I mean, what would his nickname be?  Tiny's taken, Fat's taken, Tank's taken, Pie-Face is taken - Chubbins?  Chunk?  Tubby?  Tkachuk?

Other than Fat, the best nickname earned by imitating Joey Chesnutt has gotta be Kyle Well-fed.

I'm going to take Phil Kessel if there's a pool.  I could see him getting complacent after the Toronto media decided he had "gotten the monkey off his back" by scoring a few goals in the playoffs.  Plus, he's getting close to the age where you can't rely on the ol' metabolism to keep you rolling.

[/QUOTE]

How 'bout "Kessellulite"??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Fat Lucic is truly an original. Just rolls off the tongue. Now that he's getting in shape I hope it doesnt mess up his game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Even if he lost 80lbs, he will always be Fat Lucic, at least to me.  And not as an insult either.  It really does just sound good saying.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Wasn't it Camara who got a 5 minute major and a game misconduct for "hitting too hard" in an IIHF game? If they call the Olympic tourny the same way, Lucic may not be a good fit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TIWWQ24wVg

The beating Camara will take, if he tries this in the AHL, will be enormous!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Lame azz European hockey is not played in the AHL.  Nonetheless I am concerned for being too muscled bound when you are in your mid twenties.  Get in Shape but don't over do Milan. 

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to red75's comment:

[QUOTE]Wasn't it Camara who got a 5 minute major and a game misconduct for "hitting too hard" in an IIHF game? If they call the Olympic tourny the same way, Lucic may not be a good fit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TIWWQ24wVg

The beating Camara will take, if he tries this in the AHL, will be enormous!

[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Svelte Lucic has a certain ring to my ear.