No other fans do this thing Montreal fans do...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: No other fans do this thing Montreal fans do...

In Response to Re: No other fans do this thing Montreal fans do...:
    [QUOTE]Good for them! I don't speak the language, but I appreciate the passion, and they make the game better.
    Posted by krismk[/QUOTE]

Tying up 911 lines over a hockey hit does NOT make the game better!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No other fans do this thing Montreal fans do... : Percentage wise? Yea there's more Nuks, Oil & digusting Flame fans out here! In 04' it was awesome being in a hockey city on a cup run! However, Flame fans are the WORST ones & I ever experienced. They're now my 2nd most hated team. They jumped the Flyers & Rangers on the hate chart!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Tell me more. Why do you hare Flame fans ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No other fans do this thing Montreal fans do... : Tell me more. Why do you hare Flame fans ?
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Well. I've been to the following cities to see the B's play. I've always wore a B's jersey & cheered for them. I've sat along the glass & in peanut heaven. Ottawa 3x, Montreal-2x, Toronto-2x, Edmonton-3x, Vancouver, 2x, Quebec, 2x, Calgary 5x! I have never had anyone say a word to me, or whoever I was with. I had Nuks fan actually high-five my wife & I after a 1-0 B's win & say "Great Game!" I've had Senator fans actually goad me into saying something to two guys who were screaming "Bourque SUKS!" Bourque assisted on a Allison goal 51 sec in. Ended up with a goal & 2 assist. They said to me "You can't let them idiots get away with saying that about Ray! Let them have it; we got your back!"

The 5x I've been to the Saddledom? Before the game, during the game & after the game. Rude; obnoxious. My buddy got kicked at, they tried to kick me. They spit on my buddy; they said things to my wife. I even witnessed them pick on a six year kid who was wearing a B's jersey! His first game he ever went to. He won't go again. I know this happens at every rink at some point I'm sure. However; I never witnessed it. That's why I no longer cheer for the Flames. Call me sterotype, but that's the reason.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

"Re: No other fans do this thing Montreal fans do..."

act like wanna be Frenchies?  Historically, the wimpiest, shallowest, back stabbers in the world? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]good post, did anyone notice how still the crowd was when the anthum was sung? they must have guns pointed at them, if they so much as opened their girly mouths  they would be shot!
    Posted by palealeman[/QUOTE]

Good pick up -- There is a reason for the quietness and lack of booing. The Habs PA guy clearly announced the name of each American born player on their own team and reminded the classless clowns to please respect our National Anthem. Pathetic -- but true.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No other fans do this thing Montreal fans do... : Good pick up -- There is a reason for the quietness and lack of booing. The Habs PA guy clearly announced the name of each American born player on their own team and reminded the classless clowns to please respect our National Anthem. Pathetic -- but true.
    Posted by zamboni24[/QUOTE]

Pretty sad you need to actually tell fans to respect another countries anthem to begin with!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

[QUOTE]Great post, couldn't agree more... You see the same attitude of hypocrissy displayed time and time again. Like it's ok to say Chara should be arrested for what was at best a questionnable play, then saying Subban jumpin up and hitting Marchand at center ice earlier in the season (he actually stopped and jumped!) or that little pansy Pouliot last night, coming from center ice with both elbows up to hit Boychuk into the boards, aren't blatant attempts to injure... It's not like they're stupid, most of my friends are Habs fans (I live in New-Brunswick, Canada) and these people are otherwise smart, normal people... It's like you flip a swicth in their brain when the habs are involved... I think it's a tradition of winning and expecting to win, like the cup is rightfully theirs each year and any other team is trying to steal that from them, combined with the fact that other than great strip clubs there really aint that much to get excited about in Montreal... hehe 
    Posted by BigPapaBear72[/QUOTE]

Same story here in fredericton Papa! Sickening creatures those Hab fans

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I'd rather that than the fans around me that yell shoot it everytime the Bs have the puck in the offensive zone. That just shows that there are a lot of idiotic Bruins fans.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Idiots are universal.  In Montreal, it's not stupidity; it's calculated.  It's their version of hockey Catholicism - the one true path.

Flames fans are among the worst.  In '86 and '89, I was rooting for the refs.  I've never watched so much golf and baseball during the Stanley Cup Finals.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

In Response to No other fans do this thing Montreal fans do...:
    [QUOTE]What turns me off to Habs fans the most. It's something they do, that no other group of fans do. It's that cheer.  That loud, jubilant cheer that they let out immediately once someone on there team takes a good clean check, loses and edge and falls over, or dives to try and draw a fake penalty. It's done to influence the refs to call a penalty and give their team a man advantage situation that is completely unmeritted and unearned.  Now, I watch a lot of hockey. I have seen multiple games in every arena. I have NEVER heard this done anywhere else. Not New York, Detroit, Chicago, Boston, Pittsburgh, Philly, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, no where else do you hear that. You will hear fans let out an "aww" ticked off/disappointed noise when they think their team got hosed, sometimes they're right, sometimes they're wrong. But you never hear that instant, happy, super loud cheer.....like a goal was just scored kind of cheer that you hear in Montreal. It's done constantly, on plays that aren't remotely resembling penalties.  The fact that you only hear this in one place is not commendable or impressive, it's sickening and says something about the integrity of the people involved
    Posted by Swerengen[/QUOTE] Never saw people leaving the Bell Center after the first period when their team is losing.. saw it at the Garden... booing after only 2 goals....third period the garden was empty... also saw full of empty seats  in the second game... and the board here is full of bashing fans after only one game lost... pathetic

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

The worst patr is the refs fall for it. I think hockey is BY FAR the worst officiated game going. From makeup calls to inconsistency to favoring the Habs over everyone else.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

Glad to see there are so many people from NB on these boards. I live in Moncton and it's always fun to read the posts on here.

Greatseason, just to confirm I understand your post correctly... You're not disputing what anyone has said in this thread about behaviors exhibited by MTL fans? This is one of the rare occasions we've agreed on something so I'm really happy about that :) Oh and thanks for pointing out that Bruins fans leave the garden early to beat traffic when the game is already lost in the 3rd, it's nice of you to point that out for those of us who aren't following the other threads you've posted this on.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No other fans do this thing Montreal fans do... : Pretty sad you need to actually tell fans to respect another countries anthem to begin with!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

LOL thanks on the insight with those Flamer fans.

On the jumbotron in Montreal during the U.S. anthem they flash each U.S. born Hab player live. This also discourages them to boo at their own players being shown. 
    Also for now they have nothing against Obama.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

Did they tell you 3/4 of your roosters are from Canada when you chant USA USA USA  ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

[QUOTE]Glad to see there are so many people from NB on these boards. I live in Moncton and it's always fun to read the posts on here. Greatseason, just to confirm I understand your post correctly... You're not disputing what anyone has said in this thread about behaviors exhibited by MTL fans? This is one of the rare occasions we've agreed on something so I'm really happy about that :) Oh and thanks for pointing out that Bruins fans leave the garden early to beat traffic when the game is already lost in the 3rd, it's nice of you to point that out for those of us who aren't following the other threads you've posted this on.
    Posted by BigPapaBear72[/QUOTE] don't you think it's a bit early in the second period to leave when you're team losing? that much traffic in Boston wow

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

[QUOTE]"Re: No other fans do this thing Montreal fans do..." act like wanna be Frenchies?  Historically, the wimpiest, shallowest, back stabbers in the world? 
    Posted by LoveTheBruins[/QUOTE]
    Poor French Patrice Bergeron and Marc Savard...hope they don't read this...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from -sabot-13. Show -sabot-13's posts

"No other fans do this thing Montreal fans do..."

Riot and nearly burn their city down every time they win the cup?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No other fans do this thing Montreal fans do... : don't you think it's a bit early in the second period to leave when you're team losing? that much traffic in Boston wow
    Posted by Greatseason[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that, from where I was (at home in front of the TV), I noticed people starting to leave at 5 minutes in the 3rd... Maybe a few people left in the 2nd but I didn't notice it, and yes if they were leaving in the 2nd period, then that's pretty early IMO

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No other fans do this thing Montreal fans do... : Poor French Patrice Bergeron and Marc Savard...hope they don't read this...

Marc is from the Ottawa area and although he has a french name, doesn't speak french. As for Bergy he grew up near MTL and knows Habs fans mentality 1st hand I'm sure..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No other fans do this thing Montreal fans do... : Poor French Patrice Bergeron and Marc Savard...hope they don't read this...

Im sure the Americans on your team must really appreciate the fact that the Arena announcer in MTL has to remind the fanbase everygame that some Americans play for the Canadiens and that the fanbase shouldnt act like a bunch of gutless pigs by booing the American national anthem.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Did they tell you 3/4 of your roosters are from Canada when you chant USA USA USA  ?

Yea that cracks me up though. I wonder if those fans realize that the B's & Hawks both have the most Canadians on their roster with 17. That's even more than the Habs, Leafs, Nuks, Sens, Oil & Flamers!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Shouldn't Savard speak the language if you want to refer to him as French?And as far as fans go,say what you will about Bruins fans leaving early.I'm sure Price would've preferred the Habs "fans" that booed him mercilessly in the '09 playoffs had gone home early instead.Don't act like the "fans" in Montreal are anything but "fairweather"........

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No other fans do this thing Montreal fans do... : Marc is from the Ottawa area and although he has a french name, doesn't speak french. As for Bergy he grew up near MTL and knows Habs fans mentality 1st hand I'm sure..
    Bergeron is from closer to Q-city and grew up hating the Habs. Bergeron is my kind of Frenchy!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to No other fans do this thing Montreal fans do...:
    [QUOTE]What turns me off to Habs fans the most. It's something they do, that no other group of fans do. It's that cheer.  That loud, jubilant cheer that they let out immediately once someone on there team takes a good clean check, loses and edge and falls over, or dives to try and draw a fake penalty. It's done to influence the refs to call a penalty and give their team a man advantage situation that is completely unmeritted and unearned.  Now, I watch a lot of hockey. I have seen multiple games in every arena. I have NEVER heard this done anywhere else. Not New York, Detroit, Chicago, Boston, Pittsburgh, Philly, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, no where else do you hear that. You will hear fans let out an "aww" ticked off/disappointed noise when they think their team got hosed, sometimes they're right, sometimes they're wrong. But you never hear that instant, happy, super loud cheer.....like a goal was just scored kind of cheer that you hear in Montreal. It's done constantly, on plays that aren't remotely resembling penalties.  The fact that you only hear this in one place is not commendable or impressive, it's sickening and says something about the integrity of the people involved
    Posted by Swerengen[/QUOTE]

The Montreal fans are essentially the reason why I bought rounds at the sportsbar when Chara rode Pacioretti's head into the post.   If I was the Bruins coach I'd play the video of little Stan Johnathan taking apart the faces of the much bigger Jules Lupien and Pierre Bouchard back in the days of ole time hockey.  There was so much blood it looked as if linesmen, John D'Amico and Matt Pavelich had been cut.  It was a thing of beauty. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No other fans do this thing Montreal fans do... : Marc is from the Ottawa area and although he has a french name, doesn't speak french. As for Bergy he grew up near MTL and knows Habs fans mentality 1st hand I'm sure..

savard speaks french.  he doesn't have an accent cuz he was raised in ottawa.  it's just like being raised in moncton.  french people raised in moncton don't have an accent.  whenever you meet somebody with a french accent in moncton, they were probably raised in northern nb or quebec.