No Progress In Kelly Contract Talks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

No Progress In Kelly Contract Talks

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/21/contract-talks-between-kelly-bruins-hit-stalemate/

Kelly sounds like he wants to stay in Boston but it seems less and less likely as we inch closer to July1.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: No Progress In Kelly Contract Talks

Well that's just peachy...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: No Progress In Kelly Contract Talks:
    [QUOTE]Well that's just peachy...
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    For what it's worth, I'm glad he and his family seem to really like the city. Family happiness is one of the few things a guy might take a pay cut for (and rightfully so).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I like Kelly's play on the the third line, his pay is the question.  If he likes Boston, well, fine.  I like hockey, I say TJ Oshie in a trade will fill the bill.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Time will only tell who will stays and goes... blah blah blah. TJ Oshie he fits a Bruins jersey.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Kelly is a solid, responsible, consistent player. But this past season's production was an aberration. I cannot support the Bs paying him more than $3 M. If he wants 2 years, 7 million - I would be okay with it. If it's longer than two, the cap hit must drop to below three. 3-9M or 4-10.5 also work for me. My best guess says that someone will pay him more, thank you for your services Chris. Brad Marchand will miss your discipline and role model behavior.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

Give him krejci's money. Only need to pay one third line center.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Give him krejci's money. Only need to pay one third line center.
    Posted by Karl-Hungus[/QUOTE]

The new troll here?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]Give him krejci's money. Only need to pay one third line center.
    Posted by Karl-Hungus[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if Kelly has ever led his team in scoring in the playoffs..  Or scored the game winner to medal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Progress In Kelly Contract Talks : I'm not sure if Kelly has ever led his team in scoring in the playoffs..  Or scored the game winner to medal.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

Leading the team in the playoffs -  great

Medal winning goal - right place right time means nothing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotpat99. Show patriotpat99's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Progress In Kelly Contract Talks : Leading the team in the playoffs -  great Medal winning goal - right place right time means nothing
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

more importantly, leading the entire league in playoff goal scoring and overall scoring is really great

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Sound like Kelly would take a reasonable contract to stay here. Unfortunately for him, I think the Bruins want to move Seguin to center and pick up a good winger.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If Kelly were going to sign for less than what his agent is telling him he can get on the open market a deal with the Bruins would've done by now. Peverley is already signed for 3 more years the Bruins don't need another 3rd line center.

The more money PC spends now the less he will have for next summers RFAs and UFAs. 2013 signings are much more important than this summers especially if he is really going to make a run at Parise or Nash.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

None of the comments are new since Kelly was quoted at the end of the season, and it's repeated here. as usual, the media has nothing new , so they make up stories and conflict. The bruins are good at keeping a lid on their plans, and there isn't a hockey writer with access, except for Fluto and Shawn Thornton [oops].

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rivve. Show rivve's posts

According to a swedish newspaper the goalie from the swedish champions will be a bruin any day now.

Any thoughts?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

I like Kelly and everything, but if he and his agent want a penny over $3.3 Million a year, I'd thank him for his time here and let him walk. IMO, he'll received a Ville Leino-type contract from some team, and finish with 15-15-30 totals.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]If Kelly were going to sign for less than what his agent is telling him he can get on the open market a deal with the Bruins would've done by now. Peverley is already signed for 3 more years the Bruins don't need another 3rd line center. The more money PC spends now the less he will have for next summers RFAs and UFAs. 2013 signings are much more important than this summers especially if he is really going to make a run at Parise or Nash.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Agreed Sandog.  Kelly just doesn't fit into the Bruins plans or salary structure (unless it's a one year deal).  They's be hard pressed to even match his current salary, and there will be plenty of competition for the third line next year and beyond.  Peverley and Caron are fine, so you just need a third wheel (Knight will come cheep). 
    As you pointed out, 2013 requires new contracts for Marchand, Seguin, Lucic and Horton (also need a goalie and a couple of D-Men).  That's a lot of salary to take one.   Frankly I don't see how all of them can be accommodated. 
    Without moving significant salary, Nash or Parise is out of the question. 
    Bottom line...bye bye Kelly. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: No Progress In Kelly Contract Talks:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Progress In Kelly Contract Talks : Kelly just doesn't fit into the Bruins plans or salary structure (unless it's a one year deal). They's be hard pressed to even match his current salary, and there will be plenty of competition for the third line next year and beyond.  Peverley and Caron are fine, so you just need a third wheel (Knight will come cheep). Bottom line...bye bye Kelly. Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

This by no means that Kelly doesn't deserve the contract his agent will get him. Chris should get rewarded, a raise is due. Especially with other players get out there and don't even come close to Kelly's defensive center prowess.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Progress In Kelly Contract Talks : This by no means that Kelly doesn't deserve the contract his agent will get him. Chris should get rewarded, a raise is due. Especially with other players get out there and don't even come close to Kelly's defensive center prowess.

Absolutely.  I wish there was a place for him.  He presents as a very classy individual and seems to have the respect of everyone.  Does his job very well.  A great pick-up from PC.  Hate to see him go but's it's inevitable.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]If Kelly were going to sign for less than what his agent is telling him he can get on the open market a deal with the Bruins would've done by now. Peverley is already signed for 3 more years the Bruins don't need another 3rd line center. The more money PC spends now the less he will have for next summers RFAs and UFAs. 2013 signings are much more important than this summers especially if he is really going to make a run at Parise or Nash.

I have see no indication that this will happen.  In fact, didn't Chiarelli or Neely state that no major moves were coming?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Progress In Kelly Contract Talks : I have see no indication that this will happen.  In fact, didn't Chiarelli or Neely state that no major moves were coming?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

PC said that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Kelly is saying the right things for a guy who is likely leaving. Keeping it professional. He has nothing to gain by saying, "oh, I could learn to like another 10 cities as much as Boston with a big raise."  Means zero.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: No Progress In Kelly Contract Talks:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Progress In Kelly Contract Talks : I have see no indication that this will happen.  In fact, didn't Chiarelli or Neely state that no major moves were coming ? Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Usually when you state "in fact" that means you don't follow with a question. I don't know if Howson will hunt PC down for a package or vice versa. It is not out of the question though either could pursue each other.

I do think PC will make a move with one of his 3 goalies. There that should put some jump in your corn beef sandwich at lunch today as I am speculating.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

IMO, I think Kelly will stay. I know everyone is stating the opposite but I get a different vibe. Just my feeling.