No Surprise - Canucks Crying Over Lucic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Re: No Surprise - Canucks Crying Over Lucic

Go ahead, keep rationalizing.

I'll wait to hear the wailing when the same thing happens to TT.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Ask Sedin how that same thing happened, or Burrows for that matter. Our goalies know how to stand up for themselves or play the puck properly (Rask great diving play of Patches breakaway). Why don't you go back to the Nucks board? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: No Surprise - Canucks Crying Over Lucic:
    [QUOTE]Go ahead, keep rationalizing. I'll wait to hear the wailing when the same thing happens to TT.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]
    I'm interested in opinions that matter - the player's. Burrows and other sore loser Canucks hardly fall under that category. Interesting that you like to question the objectivity(because you don't know what it means) and intelligence of the fans on this site yet you continue to come back. My guess is that you come here still because of the high level of hocky discussion that takes place here. Just keep up the effort as I know it must be hard to type through the tears.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

Good point biggskye..Miller put himself out there.. Lucic avoids him he is out position...Also have not heard anything about the hit Gionta put on Riemer
    targeted the head of a golie in the crease...Riemer out with a concusion.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

[QUOTE]Face it, Bruins fans.  You guys are on the wrong side of this one.  The NHL GMs are meeting, to try to strengthen up protection for goalies.  It's amazing how differently the shoe looks when it's on the other foot.  Last June, Aaron Rome was the devil himself for the blatant, dirty, cheap shot he took on Horton, and now, when Looch runs Miller, it's all Miller's fault. Quit being such brutal homers and try to look at something objectively once in a while. I know some of you here are doing so, but you're in the minority. The vast majority of commentators, fan polls, etc. are saying that they disagree with Shanny, and that Looch should have gotten something, anything supplemental (even a fine would have sent some message).  The way this is being interpreted is: "go ahead and run the goalie, you'll have to kill off 2 minutes, but that's the total price for taking out the other team's #1 goalie" -- and that's the WRONG message to be sending.  If you actually believe that Looch couldn't have pulled up and avoided the collision, then go ahead and keep drinking the kool-aid.
    Are you really comparing the Rome HIT to the Lucic COLLISION. Even if Lucic meant to run over Miller, he didn't intend to inure him. Rome saw a defenseless player who wasn't expecting a hit and hit him to injure.
    P.S. Rome didn't deserve 4 Stanley Cup Championship games for that hit. It was a makeup because the NHL blew it on the other incident that should have been suspendable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Surprise - Canucks Crying Over Lucic : Are you really comparing the Rome HIT to the Lucic COLLISION. Even if Lucic meant to run over Miller, he didn't intend to inure him. Rome saw a defenseless player who wasn't expecting a hit and hit him to injure. P.S. Rome didn't deserve 4 Stanley Cup Championship games for that hit. It was a makeup because the NHL blew it on the other incident that should have been suspendable.
    Posted by dalexander2424[/QUOTE]

"Collision" -- that's a good one. 

If Lucic had said that Miller had taunted him just before the hit, I'm sure you'd believe that, too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Surprise - Canucks Crying Over Lucic : "Collision" -- that's a good one.  If Lucic had said that Miller had taunted him just before the hit, I'm sure you'd believe that, too.
    Yes, because anything that throws your view into doubt is automatically a lie or the result of ignorance.  You can't see you are doing exactly what you accuse others of?

Edit:  Incidentally, the GMs had a straw poll on this, and only a slight majority felt a suspension was warranted.  You know what that means?  In all likelihood this was a close-to-the-line decision.  Neither a slam-dunk blameless play like a few make it out to be, nor a must-suspend like you seem to think it was.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

leave poor 49-north alone, i'm sure he and his cunucks are still getting over their stanley cup losers hangover. it may take a while for them to accept they were beaten 4-0 in game 7 on their own ice. let's have some compassion here guys!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

The Hockey News poll:  67% say Lucic should have been suspended.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/pages/puck_poll.php

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]The Hockey News poll:  67% say Lucic should have been suspended. http://www.thehockeynews.com/pages/puck_poll.php

The Hockey News poll also said this :

Who will win the 2011 Stanley Cup?

Vancouver68 %68%
    Boston32 %32%

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

The Hockey News is made of mostly Habs, Leafs, and Nucks... so I'm a bit surprised that number isn't higher.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]The Hockey News poll:  67% say Lucic should have been suspended. http://www.thehockeynews.com/pages/puck_poll.php

WHO CARES?
    Most of those people probably believe the moon landing never happened, and Bigfoot will eat you, if you go into the forest.
    IF the league office had suspended LUCIC, and we were crying about the injustice, you would have a point, but to be on this site after the league AGREED with the majority of us, makes no sense.
    It makes you seem bitter, lonely, and pathetic.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

Who cares what others think.  When you win, people gun for you.  When you are a more physical team, the soft teams will complain.  See early 2000 Patriots teams.  The league had to change pass interference rules because of the way the Patriots handled the Rams and Colts receivers.  When you are on top, everyone complains about what you do.
    Also, to the tool bag who said Lucic took a "run" at Miller.  can i ask you something? Where in the replay can you see an opportunity for Lucic to pull up on Miller.  Lucic was going for a puck, it was FAR out of the crease...Miller came out and stood directly in Lucic's path and didnt move, he got plowed by a more powerful man moving at full speed.  If Lucic had pulled up, he still would have hit him, and he wouldnt be making a play for the puck.  If.....IF it was such a terrible hit, with bad intent, why didnt Looch even get suspended or fined? So now all you cry babies know more than the man in charge of league discipline?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I don't mind anyone thinking the Bruins are a dirty team. When I read that, it's usually from an opposing team or fan base that just got run out of the building by a more skilled, physical, dominant Bruins team.

So I say welcome to Buffalo....

Montreal, Toronto, Philly, Tampa and Vancouver officially welcome you to the coalition of the weak.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

asmaha:
    Actually, if you notice, you dont see Philly fans crying about getting run over by the Bruins last year, because they appreciate physical hockey. Note that all the teams and their fans that complain about the physical style of the Bruins are the Habs, the Nucks and the Leafs.......wait a minute....I see a trend here...what country are all of these teams again?  Philly fans know good physical play when they see it, they may be obnoxious....but they know their hockey too.  I'm still waiting for a Vancouver player to actually fight back......spineless

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Surprise - Canucks Crying Over Lucic : The Hockey News poll also said this : Who will win the 2011 Stanley Cup? Vancouver 68 % Boston 32 %
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Ha.  Are you meaning to tell me that a bunch of provincial, biased fans could be wrong?

If you object to roughness in the game, and you object to the Bruins, then there is a natural desire to see a suspension for Lucic.

However, if you familiarize yourself with the rule book and a general sense of objective fairness, like say Mr. Shanahan, you can both object to the hit and object to a suspension at the same time.  It's a penalty folks.  Quit crying.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

I find it interesting that Miller got a concussion from that hit, yet still continued to play and didnt get pulled until the B's lit him up for another goal or two.  And he was SO ill from his concussion that he still had time to insult Lucic in an interview AFTER the game.  And yes he was still too sick from his boo boo to do another interview the following day.  Miller had struggled for 3 games prior to the B's game.  Sounds to me like a perfect time to give Miller a break and accuse a conference rival of headhunting at the same time.  I dont recall Horton or Savard being able to sit in a lit room after their hits, much less conduct interviews about their cookie being hurt. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]asmaha: Actually, if you notice, you dont see Philly fans crying about getting run over by the Bruins last year, because they appreciate physical hockey. Note that all the teams and their fans that complain about the physical style of the Bruins are the Habs, the Nucks and the Leafs.......wait a minute....I see a trend here...what country are all of these teams again?  Philly fans know good physical play when they see it, they may be obnoxious....but they know their hockey too.  I'm still waiting for a Vancouver player to actually fight back......spineless
    Posted by slicksteve38[/QUOTE]
    very interesting observation...i'll take it one step furthur(great show last night). while as canada produces some of the toughest, most talented players in the nhl. the canadian fan seems to only appreciate "beautiful hockey", everything else is a bunch of apes skating with sticks, so beneath them.  now this seems to appy when talking about mon,tor and van...but not as much so with the smaller markets- cal,edm,win and ott. anyone got any idea why this is? i realize i'm taking a lot of liberty with my generalizations, but i think my point still gets across.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I love the fact it appears we might be the most hated team in hockey now. I am not surprised about the canucks crying funny thing they had the chance to beat us where it mattered the most and they failed last spring. The sabres didn't go after lucic funny ryan millers stick swipe was the best effort for any retaliation. Crying out of the sabres comes from there head coach if any of you guys remember the playoff series with them in 2010. I can't wait to see what happens the next buffalo game and the one we have with the canucks in boston. I bet neither team trys any rough stuff if they do great thats what gets the bruins playing at there best.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

Actually I hope the Sabres do try to retaliate as well in the next game for a number of reasons
    A. They have to send someone to take out Lucic.....umm good luck, who on the Sabres can actually take Lucic out?
    B. Please do, the Bruins play best in physical, gritty games.  If they play that game, they play into the B's hands.
    C. If they run at Timmy T....he will just nail the guy like he did last year when they tried it in Vancouver during the playoffs.  The difference is, the B;s goalie is nasty and has a mean streak....
    D.  i gotta go back to A.....lmao...I want to see who they send out against Lucic....its one thing to retaliate against a soft player...its another to step up to a guy like Lucic and ask him to dance. I have a sinking feeling if someone challenges, Looch might be willing to drop the gloves....lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to No Surprise - Canucks Crying Over Lucic:
    [QUOTE]Should any of us have expected to not hear from the Canucks on this issue? Burrows is claiming he now doesn't know whether he can hit goalies or not since Lucic wasn't suspended. I guess the rest of the league is confused about whether or not it's OK to bite people since Burrows wasn't suspended.......it's funny that Luongo was less concerned about it than Burrows. http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hockey/canucks-hockey/Canucks+worry+Lucic+ruling+could+lead+open+season+goalies/5708811/story.html
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    Shouldn't the Canucks be more worried about how they're gonna get the sisters to grow some grapes for the play-offs?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

As somebody posted yesterday, both Martin Brodeur (what does he know!??) and Hedberg come out publicly to say no suspension was warranted for Lucic. 

Buffalo isn't particularly upset either, expect they are angry at Lucic and want their players to do something about it (as they should).

I haven't heard anything from traditional Bruins rivals in New York and Philly.

Funny how it is all Vancouver and Montreal with the public outcry.  The mentality of "save us from roughness" and crying out to a higher power seem to be a part of the culture there.  Call in the authorities!  I would have more respect for Lindy Ruff sending Kaleta out to run Thomas than I would for this pitiful crying out for the teacher every time somebody gets knocked down. 

Save suspensions for head hits, cross checks, stick swinging, elbows, boarding, blindside shots, sucker punches, etc.  Otherwise, let men settle things like men.  Everyone here admits that Lucic deserves a punishment far more physical than a couple night's in the press box.  Who's gonna do it?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wboi92287. Show wboi92287's posts

So whats your view on the Burrows bite?

Thats ok, I'll wait...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]As somebody posted yesterday, both Martin Brodeur (what does he know!??) and Hedberg come out publicly to say no suspension was warranted for Lucic.  Buffalo isn't particularly upset either, expect they are angry at Lucic and want their players to do something about it (as they should). I haven't heard anything from traditional Bruins rivals in New York and Philly.   Funny how it is all Vancouver and Montreal with the public outcry.  The mentality of "save us from roughness" and crying out to a higher power seem to be a part of the culture there.  Call in the authorities!  I would have more respect for Lindy Ruff sending Kaleta out to run Thomas than I would for this pitiful crying out for the teacher every time somebody gets knocked down.  Save suspensions for head hits, cross checks, stick swinging, elbows, boarding, blindside shots, sucker punches, etc.  Otherwise, let men settle things like men.  Everyone here admits that Lucic deserves a punishment far more physical than a couple night's in the press box.  Who's gonna do it?
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    The Sabres coach always was, Ruff at home, and Lindy on the road. A better whiner there never was, oh except for the entire Hab and Canuck fanbases.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]As somebody posted yesterday, both Martin Brodeur (what does he know!??) and Hedberg come out publicly to say no suspension was warranted for Lucic.  Buffalo isn't particularly upset either, expect they are angry at Lucic and want their players to do something about it (as they should). I haven't heard anything from traditional Bruins rivals in New York and Philly.   Funny how it is all Vancouver and Montreal with the public outcry.  The mentality of "save us from roughness" and crying out to a higher power seem to be a part of the culture there.  Call in the authorities!  I would have more respect for Lindy Ruff sending Kaleta out to run Thomas than I would for this pitiful crying out for the teacher every time somebody gets knocked down.  Save suspensions for head hits, cross checks, stick swinging, elbows, boarding, blindside shots, sucker punches, etc.  Otherwise, let men settle things like men.  Everyone here admits that Lucic deserves a punishment far more physical than a couple night's in the press box.  Who's gonna do it?
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Exactly, IMO nobody in the league has more credibilty regarding this issue than Brodeur. If he doesn't see a problem with it, then nobody should. Unless you have alterior motives, which in this case it's the Bruins so, certain fans whine because, thats all they do, and because it's black n gold laundry.

Funny how we've heard more of an outcry from Montreal and Vancouver then we've heard from Buffalo. While I've lost some respect for the Buffalo players for their lack of response in this matter, i've gained some for Buffalo fans.