Norris Trophy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Norris Trophy

Suter, Letang and yup.  Pk Subban.  

dez, for the record.  I dont want him to win.  I love his skill.  Absolutely hate his extras.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: Norris Trophy

I think that the Norris candidates are a joke this year. Suter? He was a huge negative in the beginning of the year, took him a ridiculously long time to get his first goal. Letang, ok, he played well when he wasn't injured. Subban? He has the skills but the kid is just a doofus.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

lambda, you didn't watch much of suter this year did you. he ran that team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I did, he was a negative player for much of the beginning of the season. He picked it up to finish but I just feel the whole group is lacking the dominance that the Norris represented when Lidstrom and the likes were winning it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Suter, Letang and yup.  Pk Subban.  

dez, for the record.  I dont want him to win.  I love his skill.  Absolutely hate his extras.  

I think this is Suter's year , with Letang missing some time due to injuries... might hurt his chances . there is no denying Subban's skill set, I think most people would like to see him cut out the garbage that overshadows his talent.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

I think that the Norris candidates are a joke this year. Suter? He was a huge negative in the beginning of the year, took him a ridiculously long time to get his first goal. Letang, ok, he played well when he wasn't injured. Subban? He has the skills but the kid is just a doofus.

Suter shouldn't have a slow start held against him. He moved to a new city and organization and that often takes players awhile to become acclimatized. He logged more minutes than any other player in the league and his play was the biggest reason the Wild are in the playoffs. Shupe, nobody's surprised PK is a finalist. It's a short season in which he had a good 30 game stretch. The sad thing is that it's just a popularity contest so he could actually win it. Like I told you earlier in the year, I like the way Ekman Larson played too. He's the only other guy (aside from Chara) that I feel deserved to be a finalist. Oh well, it'd be funny if PK wins especially considering how poorly he's performing now that it matters. He's currently making Bergevin look like a genius for not caving to his demands at the start of the season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

After Sunday, PK is dead to me.  RIP.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

Let's hope it's not that coward Subban.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Come on dez, acclimatized?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Come on dez, acclimatized?

I know Hang. I was just going to write, "used to it" but decided to go all fancy. I deserve your ridicule.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Suter going to a new organization and like everyone else not having much of a training camp played a part in his slow start numbers wise. Boy does Shea Weber ever miss him. Letang is terriic, playing on that team can only help your numbers. Antics aside, I think Subban had the best year of the three. Montreal won the division when many didn't think they would qualify for the playoffs, and he was a big reason.

A healthy Karlsson wins it again though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Suter will win.

IT IS WRITTEN!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I would have liked to see Eckhman-Larsson nominated. I really like his game.

It also would have been nice to see Chara nominated because he is the standard for a shut-down d-man in the NHL now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Suter shouldn't have a slow start held against him. He moved to a new city and organization and that often takes players awhile to become acclimatized. He logged more minutes than any other player in the league and his play was the biggest reason the Wild are in the playoffs. Shupe, nobody's surprised PK is a finalist. It's a short season in which he had a good 30 game stretch. The sad thing is that it's just a popularity contest so he could actually win it. Like I told you earlier in the year, I like the way Ekman Larson played too. He's the only other guy (aside from Chara) that I feel deserved to be a finalist. Oh well, it'd be funny if PK wins especially considering how poorly he's performing now that it matters. He's currently making Bergevin look like a genius for not caving to his demands at the start of the season.

Dez,

I think we are all surprised hes a finalist.  Me included.  His play is outstanding.  He will be laughing and cashing in bigtime.  Bergevin may have won the fight but PK will win the war on this. 
    I can't stand PK...But love his skill.  I'd say Keith should be in the mix as well. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

PK will win it. 

But let's hope Malcolm isn't the type of on-ice jerk his brother has shown to be.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Yep Subban will win it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Suter

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

If Subban wins the Norris it will be a permanent scar on that award.

If you can't hold Suter's slow start against him, can you also say you can't hold Letang's injury against him? Or Subban's hold-out, that shouldn't be held against him either.

I don't think I'd take any of Suter, Subban, or Letang over Chara, Weber, Doughty, or Karlsson.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

If Subban wins the Norris it will be a permanent scar on that award.

Problem is the award is given for play in the regular season. Therefore, his antics in the playoffs have no baring on the votes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

His antics didn't disappear during the regular season, it just wasn't long enough for them to fully shine through. He's the same cocky arrogant immature little brat that he's always been.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

His antics didn't disappear during the regular season, it just wasn't long enough for them to fully shine through. He's the same cocky arrogant immature little brat that he's always been.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

^ Nailed it.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I hope Suter will wn ..but if I had to bet $1000   I would put my money on Subban ....he is a showoff ...I hate him but would love to have him on my team just for the PP ....he moves the puck quickly on the PP just like Krug ...he releases his shot quickly ..(thats what Chra should do) and 90% of his shots are on target...he is not that great defensively , takes stupid décisions sometimes ...and he should'nt try to kill someone like he does most of the time  with his monster bodychecks ..(he hurt Marchand 3 years ago) ...Emelin does the same thing and look what happened to him wen he tried on LOOCH .....same thing will happen to PK ...and thtiswy most o the player hate him.