Norris Trophy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Norris Trophy

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to lambda13's comment:

If Subban wins the Norris it will be a permanent scar on that award.

If you can't hold Suter's slow start against him, can you also say you can't hold Letang's injury against him? Or Subban's hold-out, that shouldn't be held against him either.

I don't think I'd take any of Suter, Subban, or Letang over Chara, Weber, Doughty, or Karlsson.

Agree. He is in no way Norris caliber level.  His game is pretty one dimensional.  Good, physical D man, nice shot on the PP, but not much else.

Certainly not superior to Suter, Shea Weber, Doughty, etc.  Letang also didn't even play the whole season.

Did Weber have that bad of a year this year?

Bass, you just said his game was one dimensional but praised 3 parts of his game! LOL..Weber struggled this year, i think him and Suter together covered alot of holes on that team. I think if you took Weber off that team Suter would have struggled.

Doughty  has sort of hit a wall. Too good of a player though, he'll get through it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Weber struggled this year, i think him and Suter together covered alot of holes on that team. I think if you took Weber off that team Suter would have struggled.

Imagine if Philly had nabbed Weber. Nashville would have been hard pressed to have won a single game....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to lambda13's comment:

If Subban wins the Norris it will be a permanent scar on that award.

If you can't hold Suter's slow start against him, can you also say you can't hold Letang's injury against him? Or Subban's hold-out, that shouldn't be held against him either.

I don't think I'd take any of Suter, Subban, or Letang over Chara, Weber, Doughty, or Karlsson.

Agree. He is in no way Norris caliber level.  His game is pretty one dimensional.  Good, physical D man, nice shot on the PP, but not much else.

Certainly not superior to Suter, Shea Weber, Doughty, etc.  Letang also didn't even play the whole season.

Did Weber have that bad of a year this year?

Bass, you just said his game was one dimensional but praised 3 parts of his game! LOL..Weber struggled this year, i think him and Suter together covered alot of holes on that team. I think if you took Weber off that team Suter would have struggled.

Doughty  has sort of hit a wall. Too good of a player though, he'll get through it.

From what I've seen and read, Doughty is playing better than he ever has, despite his down offensive numbers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Dez,i've watched him on several occasons this year and he'd have a great game followed by a couple of so-so games. Seems his best games he wouldnt have anything on the scoresheet but played very well.  he got off to a sluggish start from what I could tell but finished strong. looks like he didnt carry the puck as much and was better in his own zone this year. Plus, he looked alot more physical this year.

I say next year he finds that right mix and has a Norris caliber year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Norris or not, PK strikes me as a one-trick pony.  Good skater, good shot, but not particularly bright. Ottawa sure figured him out after his thirteenth hip/back check attempt on the left wing.  Turns out he goes down pretty easy, not just then, but other times.

He looks good with Montreal because in some aspects he resembles a tough guy -- if your definition of tough is a cheap-shot artist.  Plus, he seems to be tougher on his teammates than  the opponent -- see him yell and scream after he got whacked trying to catch a blind-side pass?  Maybe he knows he won't get hurt if he just yells at Canadiens on the bench.

If not the Norris, he could win a prize for the biggest face shield.  It looks like a custom design, made apparently to protect his nose and cheekbones.  Wonder why he would do that?

And if he does win it, I'd like to see the NHL create an entirely new trophy, showing a guy half bent forward, clutching his chest.  That would then be the model for NHL defensemen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Dez,i've watched him on several occasons this year and he'd have a great game followed by a couple of so-so games. Seems his best games he wouldnt have anything on the scoresheet but played very well.  he got off to a sluggish start from what I could tell but finished strong. looks like he didnt carry the puck as much and was better in his own zone this year. Plus, he looked alot more physical this year.

I say next year he finds that right mix and has a Norris caliber year.

I guess I still see a player that seems to be able to control the tempo of games from the back end. The Kings have plenty of good forwards but Quick and Doughty are the keys if they're to have any success.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

What did Letang do to get on the list?

Yah, he's good, but Norris?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

He tied for the NHL lead in D men scoring despite missing 13 games. I thought you were in love with point totals.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

letang has also gotten way better in his own end. good positionally and scrappy

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

PK was the best I've seen. I'd take him and his antics all day long, B's chances increase ten fold with him on the blue line.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

PK was the best I've seen. I'd take him and his antics all day long, B's chances increase ten fold with him on the blue line.

Yeah, he's really doing wonders for the Habs isn't he? Just magical.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

Yea because he wasn't a huge issue in the clubhouse and didn't start fights at practice or yell at his team during a playoff game or dive and act like a general d bag. Oh wait. I'd pass on him until he puts on the big boy pants and grows the f up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

He tied for the NHL lead in D men scoring despite missing 13 games. I thought you were in love with point totals.

It was an honest to goodness question.  

Sometimes other stuff gets in the way of following hockey.

Are those points his fault?  Or can we blame them on his team?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Pay attention to his puck handling ability and skating the next time you watch the Pens play and you won't have to ask questions like this.

btw I thought you were a skating expert too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

It was an honest to goodness question.  

Sometimes other stuff gets in the way of following hockey.

Are those points his fault?  Or can we blame them on his team?

Yes they are. I begrudgingly respect his skills even though he's a Penguin. He makes the forwards better than they make him.