Not Impressed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Not Impressed

What an aweful display. They get an early 2-0 lead and they sit back for 50 min?  I don't care that they played back to back because every team is playing back to back.  The top line did nothing lastnight and they did nothing tonight and infact they havnt been doing much all year.  Not even a hit.  This is no way a stanley cup contender to be playing like.  Pittsburgh has an awful defense and the Bruins didn't even test them.  The Leafs and habs are scoring 4, 5 and 6 goals and we can't barely get a shot on net.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Re: Not Impressed

In response to mattbs' comment:

What an aweful display. They get an early 2-0 lead and they sit back for 50 min?  I don't care that they played back to back because every team is playing back to back.  The top line did nothing lastnight and they did nothing tonight and infact they havnt been doing much all year.  Not even a hit.  This is no way a stanley cup contender to be playing like.  Pittsburgh has an awful defense and the Bruins didn't even test them.  The Leafs and habs are scoring 4, 5 and 6 goals and we can't barely get a shot on net.

Exactly right, the B's should have given up a couple in the first and the rest of the game would have been as usual vs Pitt... the predictable loss we've come to expect. Instead, a couple lucky goals made the B's just close enough to get embarrased late.  What did they have 10 shots on goal?  No scoring chances after the first 8 minutes? Bruins didnt belong on the ice with the Pens, and thats without Malkin.

This game exposed a ton of holes in the B's supposed "Cup-contending" team. Not if they dont get to play Winnipeg and Toronto in the Finals.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

sigh

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I think you pink hats need to take a pill and relax.  The Bruins were playing their 3rd game in 4 nights and 7th game in 12 nights.  This was the busiest part of the Schedule and they were playing against the third best team in the East so far.  Before the game I was talking to my no taste brother who is a Canuck fan and he was think of watching the Bruins instead of the Canucks and I told him not to because the Bruins were going to play like crap.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

This team has been blowing leads a lot lately, to boot.  NO excuse to choke away AGAIN with 10 minutes to go (although some will point to the amazing record. Newsflash: 17-4-3 doesn't win a Cup)

Yup, these ain't the Panthers.  Habs and Pens have handed us embarrassments.

Yup losing by a goal to each is an embarrassment. Newsflash if u don't want to talk about the record and say it doesn't mean much , then don't talk about a regular season game the Bruins lost. I think people wanted the bruins to go 48-0.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Thought they were pretty thoroughly outplayed, Pens were all over them.

Not buying "tired legs"...that's just an excuse.  Pens have played a ton of hockey too, and CJ's approach to "rolling four" should have the team in a better spot to handle the heavy load than most.

No reason to lose your mind over this one.  B's got beat, it happens.  On the plus side, thought Khudobin was very good and kept things close. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

I think you pink hats need to take a pill and relax.  The Bruins were playing their 3rd game in 4 nights and 7th game in 12 nights.  This was the busiest part of the Schedule and they were playing against the third best team in the East so far.  Before the game I was talking to my no taste brother who is a Canuck fan and he was think of watching the Bruins instead of the Canucks and I told him not to because the Bruins were going to play like crap.

They'll never win the Cup with a team that doesn't win 8-1 every night!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

I agree. This year you can almost predict the outcome of some games by looking at the schedule and seeing who played when. This game was an example. They ran out of gas. It happens.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Looked to me like if Lucic doesn't give up on the back check, and if Seidenberg doesn't try to go cross ice through the high slot, the Bruins end up with at least a point.  Pens may have carried the play, but the scoreboard said what it said, and Pitt hardly "gave" the goals the Bruins scored.  Puck retrieval, good passes, and well placed shots in both cases.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Krejci has been one of our best players... look elsewhere for blame.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The Bruins earned both goals, any other conclusion is bogus.. Then in the second Claude went to his "shut down" game plan. Wrong move. Prevent hockey doesn't win too many games. Lucic hasn't thrown a solid check yet. Boychuck dropped on his belly, Sutter skated around him and scored. Did I mention that Boychuck was falling back on old bad habits ?? Campbell played hard, but Paille played defensively all game [Coaching ?] Thornton skated in circles, and that's all he did. Obviously Marchand is really hurting and could use a replacement for a few "healing" moments, but doesn't seem like Claude wants to try anyone from Providence in this compressed season. Peverly 's line hustled, but were, as expected, a little ragged. This loss ghoes to the coach as Khudobin played quite well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

in other news, the sky is falling.  everyone seek shelter.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, I actually thought the Bruins would get worked in this game, so it wasn't as painful.  One of the worst spots in the schedule and a tired squad against all of the Pens firepower, in Pittsburgh.

But I will join the whiner parade on one thing -- 1:15 left, faceoff in the offensive zone, Julien keeps Khudo in net and keeps the 4th line out.  Why?  Baffling. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

I agree, some people lose their lunch the b's lose a game and immediatly  talk about breaking up the team. It's just a loss, move onto the next game and play better.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

The Bruins earned both goals, any other conclusion is bogus.. Then in the second Claude went to his "shut down" game plan. Wrong move. Prevent hockey doesn't win too many games. Lucic hasn't thrown a solid check yet. Boychuck dropped on his belly, Sutter skated around him and scored. Did I mention that Boychuck was falling back on old bad habits ?? Campbell played hard, but Paille played defensively all game [Coaching ?] Thornton skated in circles, and that's all he did. Obviously Marchand is really hurting and could use a replacement for a few "healing" moments, but doesn't seem like Claude wants to try anyone from Providence in this compressed season. Peverly 's line hustled, but were, as expected, a little ragged. This loss ghoes to the coach as Khudobin played quite well.

Agreed 100%. Like a previous poster said,you don`t win hockey (or football) games playing a "prevent" defense.

I`m just worry a little because that it seems that everytime the Bruins get a 2 goal (or more) lead,they put it in neutral and coast the rest of the game.

Everyone plays this compressed schedule so that is no excuse.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

and the schedule gets worse, not better

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to djbosox2004's comment:

Agreed 100%. Like a previous poster said,you don`t win hockey (or football) games playing a "prevent" defense.

I`m just worry a little because that it seems that everytime the Bruins get a 2 goal (or more) lead,they put it in neutral and coast the rest of the game.

Everyone plays this compressed schedule so that is no excuse.  

And how's that been working so far this season?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Bruins carry the play all game and lose - "They suck"

Bruins carry the play all game and win by a goal - "They'll never win a playoff round; they need a sniper.  Trade everybody for Corey Perry."

The opponent carries the play and the Bruins win - "They got lucky"

The opponent carries the play and the Bruins lose by one - "The sky is falling"

The opponent carries the play and the Bruins lose by a bunch - "Fire everyone.  Make Neely Coach.  I told you they couldn't win without Thomas!  It's a curse.  I hate Jacobs."

The Bruins blow out the Leafs - "Duck boats."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Whenever a team blows a 2 goal lead with 7 to go...it stinks.  There's no sugar coating it.

Question becomes, "what does this mean?"

Answer, "nothing".

It's one insignificant game in preparation for the playoffs.  I've watched some pretty average Bruin teams over the last 40 plus years.

This ain't one of em.

I've watched the Orr/Esposito big bad Bruins blow a 5-1 third period lead to the Canadiens.  

Did they perform like a contender?  No, but that doesn't mean they aren't.  Just means they take what they can from that loss, and move on.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:

Bruins have only lost 4 times this season with 3 of those losses being a result of playing their 3rd game in 4 days against a rested opponent. I actually looked this up yesterday (for this season only), but in general, teams either do OK under such scenarios or they do very bad. Bruins are 1 of those teams that do very bad. As such, I'm not worried about last night's game because the Bruins won't be facing such scenarios come playoff time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Before the game in an interview Kunitz was describing how the B's move the puck out of the zone. D to D behind the net and up the boards. It was obvious that the Pens decided the way to beat this team was to attack 5 on 5. It was a full blown assault like Ive never seen before. The Pens were going to the spots they knew the puck was going to be, and they were all in with everybody. It was as if the B's were killing a PP all night. They were outplayed and out competed and outcoached. Now, nobody hates that team more than me- but they get all the credit. No excuses. They kicked azz all night. It was the most aggressive attack I can remember, it was actually incredibly impressive.The B's need to figure out how to make this ballz out forecheck pay the price for going all out in deep. Adjustments will have to be made.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

It's not one game, it's been 3 games  of recent, that they have started to show this alarming habit of giving up a game, or a point because they are being out worked. Part of that  happened during their soft part of the schedule, where they were rested and playing less than spectacular teams. 

It is far too early to tell, but this is not a good trend. 

It'd be nice to see a few blow out wins where they show everyone what they are capable of. Maybe they just aren't capable of doing that!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

Whenever a team blows a 2 goal lead with 7 to go...it stinks.  There's no sugar coating it.

Question becomes, "what does this mean?"

Answer, "nothing".

It's one insignificant game in preparation for the playoffs.  I've watched some pretty average Bruin teams over the last 40 plus years.

This ain't one of em.

I've watched the Orr/Esposito big bad Bruins blow a 5-1 third period lead to the Canadiens.  

Did they perform like a contender?  No, but that doesn't mean they aren't.  Just means they take what they can from that loss, and move on.  

Well said, steve.  Last night's game was tough to watch as the Bruins played bar-the-door hockey which against any elite team is usually risky business.  That their 4 regulation loses have come in similar fashion means to me means nothing beyond the fact in those games they failed to put the opposition on lockdown - normally a strength.  It happens.  Just don't let it happen too often.