Not These Bruins!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Not These Bruins!!

Watching last nights game, did anyone else kind of wait for the b's to dominate all night only to have the Caps come down on a late 3rd period 2 on 1 and bury it? And then the obligitory empty netter for a 2-0 final? I witnessed that for years, and though they won it last year the thought entered my mind, I kept telling myself how I've seen this movie before. I don't consider myself a glass half empty,you know how some games have a "feel' to them.  just old habits die hard I guess.

Very good effort, and though he only faced 17 shots, very good game by Thomas. Those games arent easy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Re: Not These Bruins!!

I'm usually a fan of 10 shots per period for a goalie. Anything less, particularly in a low-scoring game, is scary to me. Thomas is a rhythm guy....good on him for staying sharp.

And yeah, I have to continue to remind myself that this team is now calmer and has the know-how now.....let us not forget that they were 4-1 in OT in the playoffs last year, and their only loss was to the player of the game who should have been a non-factor.

On a 2nd note, that extends Timmy's playoff shutout streak to......2

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Not These Bruins!!:
    [QUOTE]Watching last nights game, did anyone else kind of wait for the b's to dominate all night only to have the Caps come down on a late 3rd period 2 on 1 and bury it? And then the obligitory empty netter for a 2-0 final? I witnessed that for years, and though they won it last year the thought entered my mind, I kept telling myself how I've seen this movie before. I don't consider myself a glass half empty,you know how some games have a "feel' to them.  just old habits die hard I guess. Very good effort, and though he only faced 17 shots, very good game by Thomas. Those games arent easy.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    Kel, I never felt the game was in danger and was actually pumped to see an OT to get things going.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

These are no longer Dave Lewis' Bruins that's for sure.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

after 40+ years following the B's i just can't shake that embedded feelling of pending doom even after last year's triumph....

i'm working on it though....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

[QUOTE]Watching last nights game, did anyone else kind of wait for the b's to dominate all night only to have the Caps come down on a late 3rd period 2 on 1 and bury it? And then the obligitory empty netter for a 2-0 final? I witnessed that for years, and though they won it last year the thought entered my mind, I kept telling myself how I've seen this movie before. I don't consider myself a glass half empty,you know how some games have a "feel' to them.  just old habits die hard I guess. Very good effort, and though he only faced 17 shots, very good game by Thomas. Those games arent easy.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE] The thought crossed my mind. Yep old habits are tough to shake

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

The thought started creeping into my head and then I shut it out and just said COME ON BRUINS YOU GOT THIS. Just kept thinking that there was NO way they could lose. They had more will power if you ask me. They wouldn't quit.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I think they broke Washington's back with that win. That is a game you have to steal if you are Washington. To get out played and all you need is one little goal, but you can't do it is heart breaking. They are done.

I will be surprised if this goes more than 5, but I see it done in 4. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

After total domination for 2 periods, I was very disheartened at the Bruins' play in the third... they couldn't muster much in response to the Caps pressure. So, YES, I was kinda expecting the exact finish you described. Awesome that Kelly stepped up to win it! Crazy that Krejci managed to get hurt after the game ended?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I can't lie! My first thought at the end of the 1st was. This isn't going to be a Billy Ranford thing is it? Remember 1990 in the first period? Boston threw everything, but the kitchen sink at Ranford. The Oilers scored 2 on their first 4 shots. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from terribleturk. Show terribleturk's posts

In Response to Re: Not These Bruins!!:
    [QUOTE]After total domination for 2 periods, I was very disheartened at the Bruins' play in the third... they couldn't muster much in response to the Caps pressure. So, YES, I was kinda expecting the exact finish you described. Awesome that Kelly stepped up to win it! Crazy that Krejci managed to get hurt after the game ended?
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]
    Watching the game with my Son (Lucicfan) we discussed the same scenario.  Many heartbreaking moments in my 45 years of watching Bruins hockey. Good to squeak out the victory and gain some confidence.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

In response to "Re: Not These Bruins!!": [QUOTE]after 40+ years following the B's i just can't shake that embedded feelling of pending doom even after last year's triumph.... i'm working on it though.... Posted by days-of-Orr[/QUOTE] That's funny I'm 35 years plus following. I used to always get that feeling but last year cured me. I am confident in these guys but fully understand your mindset. Also, I find a Dozen beer or so while watching usually helps me shake that feeling! Lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Not These Bruins!!": That's funny I'm 35 years plus following. I used to always get that feeling but last year cured me. I am confident in these guys but fully understand your mindset. Also, I find a Dozen beer or so while watching usually helps me shake that feeling! Lol
    Posted by Nolakanookie[/QUOTE]

half a case you say?....  thanks, i think i'll try that....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

In response to "Re: Not These Bruins!!": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not These Bruins!! : half a case you say?....  thanks, i think i'll try that.... Posted by days-of-Orr[/QUOTE] Actually in my neck of the Canadian woods, 12 is a case, 24 is a two four!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

You must be in the West then, like me. When I lived in Ottawa-Gatineau a case is 24. No matter, 12 before the game and 12 during should cure all ails (until the  next day).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

In response to "Re: Not These Bruins!!": [QUOTE]You must be in the West then, like me. When I lived in Ottawa-Gatineau a case is 24. No matter, 12 before the game and 12 during should cure all ails (until the  next day). Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE] Nope East Coast. A magnum (there's one for ya) of cheap wine will also help...if u can keep it down!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Not These Bruins!!": Actually in my neck of the Canadian woods, 12 is a case, 24 is a two four!
    Posted by Nolakanookie[/QUOTE]

in that case, i'll take half of a two-four....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

LOL!! So is it only Central Canada with the ridiculous 24 per case rule then? No wonder the rest of Canada does not like them. They alway have to be special....heh (just kidding Days-of-Orr).

By the way, this "magnum" thing intrigues me......My sister in-law is at Dalhousie so I will ask her about it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Yeah last yr cured me of the what will go wrong feeling. When the edge needs to be taken off grab 40 of Old English

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

doom did cross my mind but then i thought about G7 vs Tampa.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]I can't lie! My first thought at the end of the 1st was. This isn't going to be a Billy Ranford thing is it? Remember 1990 in the first period? Boston threw everything, but the kitchen sink at Ranford. The Oilers scored 2 on their first 4 shots. 
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    Remember that like it was yesterday. Conn Smyth Ranford stood on his head the whole series. I've always said Ranford stole that cup from the Bruins. I still have visions of Peter Klima scoring that goal through Moog's legs in tiple o.t. of game 1.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not These Bruins!! : Remember that like it was yesterday. Conn Smyth Ranford stood on his head the whole series. I've always said Ranford stole that cup from the Bruins. I still have visions of Peter Klima scoring that goal through Moog's legs in tiple o.t. of game 1.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]
    That was the 1st game I saw in Boston. It was a sickening feeling when Klima scored. It was made worse by my up close view of the events although I'll never forget Bourque scoring to tie it with the goalie pulled in the final minute to send it to OT.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Ranford standing on his head, a seldom used, fresh legged Klima and Wesleys wide open net is whwta sticks out most.
    Oh, and for some reason Andy Moog sitting on the side of the net during the black out. Not sure why, just sticks in my head.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gerrharr. Show gerrharr's posts

[QUOTE]These are no longer Dave Lewis' Bruins that's for sure.
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Jayne - were they ever, really? :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gerrharr. Show gerrharr's posts

[QUOTE]Ranford standing on his head, a seldom used, fresh legged Klima and Wesleys wide open net is whwta sticks out most. Oh, and for some reason Andy Moog sitting on the side of the net during the black out. Not sure why, just sticks in my head.

Gives me nightmares. Petr bleeping Klima!