Now what ??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Now what ??

In response to BostonBruinss' comment:
    [QUOTE]

People just get shut up and be patient until the playoffs when the Bruins turn it up a notch?

[/QUOTE]

It's worth saying again, and if anyone has the stats at hand I'd sure be interested.

It certainly seems to me that this team has the ability to come back in the 3rd period, more so than ever I remember.  Yah, they lost last night, but they got a ton of shots.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why do they need to make trades every time they lose a game?  How is that a rational approach to managing a team.

I think this team is one of the most resilient that they've had.

Anybody got stats on come from behind wins this year?  Or how many shots on net they  get when behind in the 3rd period?  I don't have the stats at hand, but it seems to me that they are more likely to come back in the 3rd this year more than any other, including the cup year.

They certainly poured it on last night after the Leafs goal in the 3rd.

[/QUOTE]

What if the Bruins lose another 3 in their next 4 ??   Do we have to wait for the roof to collapse before fixing the leaks ??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

No mean to be negative but if we stick with ST in the line up ....BRUINS will lose 3 of their next 4 games....MARK MY WORDS

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

No mean to be negative? You always mean to be negative. The last time you said they'd go on a losing streak because ST was in the lineup, they got 9 out of 10 points (I think - it may have been 7 out of 10, but you predicted only 3).

You also said you wouldn't make predictions for the month of January. You made it half the month. Could you keep your word just once?

The Bruins losses of late have little if nothing to do with ST - there are far more important issues at play here (Seidenberg perhaps?)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Checked it - it was 7 out of 10, but the one regulation loss was the game Thornton never played.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No mean to be negative? You always mean to be negative. The last time you said they'd go on a losing streak because ST was in the lineup, they got 9 out of 10 points (I think - it may have been 7 out of 10, but you predicted only 3).

You also said you wouldn't make predictions for the month of January. You made it half the month. Could you keep your word just once?

The Bruins losses of late have little if nothing to do with ST - there are far more important issues at play here (Seidenberg perhaps?)

[/QUOTE]

Its not a prediction its obvious ...why go with a youg player that could learn, improve and score when we have ST old, slow, no talent and at the end of the road ??   The only ones that cant see that is PC and red

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

ydoucontinue2 liv inmontreal

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ydoucontinue2 liv inmontreal

[/QUOTE]

I wonder....and I am 10 mins walking distance from the scabs bell center.....thank God we have a bunch of Bruins fans called the Bruins nation ...president is Pierre Pilon from Valleyfield  and he has a Bruins shop located in Valleyfield ...if you go on facebook you will see his page

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

i think  Valleyfield is in PEI

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Its not a prediction its obvious ...why go with a youg player that could learn, improve and score when we have ST old, slow, no talent and at the end of the road ??   The only ones that cant see that is PC and red

[/QUOTE]

Stanley " if we stick with ST in the line up ....BRUINS will lose 3 of their next 4 games" is a prediction. It's a prediction by every definition of the term. For once, just once, could you actually live up to your word? You said that for the month of January you wouldn't do this, then when you blatantly do you try to change the nature of the English language.

At least if you're not going to stick by it, own up to when you break your word and at least say "Hey sorry guys, I couldn't help myself."

That I could at least respect. Otherwise, you're just a liar.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Teams that lose 6 of 8 have bigger problems than the 13th forward.  It could well happen that the Bruins lose 6 of 8 on this stretch with two games against top Western teams coming up and three of the four on the road.  You'd make them the favorites against Dallas and Philly, even vs. LA at home and underdogs in Chicago - right?  (At least if we're predicting, we can use the language.)  But Matt Fraser in for Shawn Thornton isn't going to make any difference whatsoever based on what Fraser has done.  Thornton, at least, might keep Lucic or McQuaid out of the box by taking on a silly fight.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Stanley " if we stick with ST in the line up ....BRUINS will lose 3 of their next 4 games" is a prediction. It's a prediction by every definition of the term. For once, just once, could you actually live up to your word? You said that for the month of January you wouldn't do this, then when you blatantly do you try to change the nature of the English language.

At least if you're not going to stick by it, own up to when you break your word and at least say "Hey sorry guys, I couldn't help myself."

That I could at least respect. Otherwise, you're just a liar.

[/QUOTE]

Its not a prediction ...its a fact ....cant keep winning if we play with a missing wheel ....and with the lost of Seid we need all the other wheels to perform and we cannot afford to carry dead wood with the team ....morre than ever we need all the good pieces in place and to me ST doesnt help the team anymore in fact every game he is in the line up the Bruins waste 8-9minutes of precious ice time .....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

why do the Bruins always have to keep a lemon on the team ??   Last year it was Lemon Pev and this year it is Turtle ST 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

How can something that hasn't happened yet be a fact? That's another word for you to check up in the dictionary Stan - I'll add "fact" to the list alongside "prediction" and "guaranteed."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

poor red, all the book smarts in the world(seriously... you make us feel stupid regularly), yet not a shred of common sense. keep trying to "talk" to stan, this is great comedy.  you'd think that after a few YEARS of pizzing into the wind, something would tell you to stop doing it... guess not. good luck in your efforts, it truly is entertaining.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

He's my windmill, adk.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

He's my windmill, adk.

[/QUOTE]

Red/Stanley>Abbott/Costello

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He's my windmill, adk.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd go with the Smothers Brothers.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

I truly enjoy my brief visits on this site to witness just how lost hockey fans can be. There are a few on here that get it and the rest of u are a joke. Back to the HF boards where more than 6 posters know hockey.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

don't let the door hit you in the @$$.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He's my windmill, adk.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd go with the Smothers Brothers.

[/QUOTE]

That'll definitely work.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to adkbeesfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

poor red, all the book smarts in the world(seriously... you make us feel stupid regularly), yet not a shred of common sense. keep trying to "talk" to stan, this is great comedy.  you'd think that after a few YEARS of pizzing into the wind, something would tell you to stop doing it... guess not. good luck in your efforts, it truly is entertaining.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe RED should change her handle to BLUE (as in "in the face")...

It's OK Red, Stanley has a way to bring that out in people.

Speaking of colors, where is his black list?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ah the mid-winter midseason swoon thread.  I will add to the commnets of others. The number of young players on the team is a result of the Cap, many other teams have the same issue unless it is Edmonton I might add.  Some of these young players will make an impact on the playoffs especially on defense.  So I say once again, better to learn who can play in January than March.  PC will make a move of some type.  My guess is big enough to fill the gap between Hamilton's ascention to above average and Seidenberg's return.  I like to think big, but it will be more than likely a minor adjustment.  This team looked very good in Anaheim a week or so even with the loss.  I like how the play in that game was dominant despite the youth movement on the Bs.  So, I will hope some posters will take a hibernation nap til March.  Statistically the Bs can go 20-15 through the rest of the year and have over 100 points.  That is good enough for this fan.  Playoffs are the real season!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have decided not to published a black list ....A) because I said that everyone on the black list would not be invited at a Bruins game in the private lodge when I become GM and B) Because everybody has had great words for me when my mom past away and deep inside even if they post bad comments about me they all love me .....so no black list 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Excellent idea Stanley, most of the time the perceptions are worse than reality.  In other words, most posters are decent people.  As a teacher, so many of the students who gave me the most carp are buying me beers now.  As a old mentor said to me, "In the grand scheme of things, it just doesn't matter", I will exclude the Bruins.  Ha.  

Think Yandle, try to get Phillips and resign oneself to Stuart.  

[QUOTE]

In response to Davinator's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have decided not to published a black list ....A) because I said that everyone on the black list would not be invited at a Bruins game in the private lodge when I become GM and B) Because everybody has had great words for me when my mom past away and deep inside even if they post bad comments about me they all love me .....so no black list 

[/QUOTE]