NYI - Andrew MacDonald

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

NYI - Andrew MacDonald

This is the stay at home LHD we need. He is available, NHL block shot leader and plays big minutes.

What would it take to get him? Do we really want him if the price is too high. NYI have lots of good young D comming up so how about Khokhlachev and a 2nd Pick.

He is most likely our best option for a rental.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: NYI - Andrew MacDonald

In response to NBbruinsfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is the stay at home LHD we need. He is available, NHL block shot leader and plays big minutes.

What would it take to get him? Do we really want him if the price is too high. NYI have lots of good young D comming up so how about Khokhlachev and a 2nd Pick.

[/QUOTE]

you beat me to it. i was coming on here to start the same thread. This guy is a lot like Seidenberg when the bruins picked him up. I believe Seidenberg was leading the league in blocked shots at the time too. both 6th round picks, and i do think he is available. What i disagree with is that he'd be a rental, my bet is that he'd get re-signed. I would hope PC would be able to move a young d man, along with a pick, to get him. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Player A, Player B, late pick and Caron should do it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

4 Players for 2 Months is a lot for a Defensive D. To think about keeping him would mean 4-5y @4.5M per. Not sure if this is the guy we want to do this for along with the CAP $ it would take away from our Top lines next year. Our D with Sides back look good to me for 2015.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think you're looking at the right guy, or one of them at least (I posted this idea last week ;)).  

But I have no good idea what the cost would be.  Trade deadline in the new NHL is always a horribly distorted market -- tons of buyers; 5 sellers (cellars?).  

Could be prohibitively expensive.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

B'S could do worse than bringing back Mark Stuart....  he's already familiar with CJ's system....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I always liked the caveman.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

B'S could do worse than bringing back Mark Stuart....  he's already familiar with CJ's system....

[/QUOTE]

Not the worst Seidenberg replacement either...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Sorry for repeating a post from a few weeks back with modifications cause I don't know players like the Fantasy Team posters, but.......  Yandle is a dream, Phillips is PCs choice, Stuart is what will be settled upon.  Since then Winnipeg is winning games so.....   

MacDonald would be a nice fit but as Fletch indicated the price will not be right.  All trade deadline deals are for the sellers only.  Summer time levels the trading field.  So I think big now, cause the margin of winning the Cup is only a few years.  The price will be steep though.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

Mark LHD would fit but he would only be a depth player for us. He has never been a top D who eats top line minutes. There are a few depth players out there for us when the time comes but we need a TOP 3 D that can defend for the road to 16W. May be get him too but it looks like winnipeg is back in the race. He may not be avaialable. Baring a trade which I don't see happening Andrew is our best option.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would prefer him to MacDonald.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

The NYI chronic probem is their horrific D.  For years now.  They are 2nd in the league in goals allowed.  I would think their logic in dealing McDonald would involve BEEFING up their D for the future.  He's 25, a stay at home D-man and leads their blue liners in points.  

The Isles don't need scorers; they have plenty of them.  If I were GM over there, I'd atually try to re-sign McDonald unless I'm wowed by an amazing offer.  

Stuart makes better sense (cheaper), but the Jets are in the playoff race.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:

The NYI chronic probem is their horrific D.  For years now.  They are 2nd in the league in goals allowed.  I would think their logic in dealing McDonald would involve BEEFING up their D for the future.  He's 25, a stay at home D-man and leads their blue liners in points.  

The Isles don't need scorers; they have plenty of them.  If I were GM over there, I'd atually try to re-sign McDonald unless I'm wowed by an amazing offer.  

Disagree, I bet they move him.  He's going to get a big contract, they're going to miss the playoffs, and they actually have a pretty good stable of young developing D-men (Hamonic, Hickey, Donovan, Reinhart, De Haan, etc.).  

I agree that it wouldn't be bad to keep him, but I think they will indeed be 'wowed' by an offer.  Twenty teams probably think they're going to make the playoffs and just about all of them are interested in another quality piece on the blueline.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Snow is going to want alot for McDonald since he wont get back the same value in return for Vanek that he gave up for him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

first of. he's 27. if he was 25 he'd be an RFA and this discussion wouldn't be happening. They'll definitely be willing to trade him. 4 years at 4 million would have our d corps be absolutely stacked and not overly expensive. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Personally I would not mind him on the team but would not give up alot to get him. He is not a replacement for Seidenberg, not even close. His overall game is not even close, he's not even as good as Mark Stuart. Yes, he blocks alot of shots, so did Greg Zanon, and he was useless here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Personally I would not mind him on the team but would not give up alot to get him. He is not a replacement for Seidenberg, not even close. His overall game is not even close, he's not even as good as Mark Stuart. Yes, he blocks alot of shots, so did Greg Zanon, and he was useless here.

[/QUOTE]

he's a ton better than stuart. he'd be a top 4 d here and i think stuart would be a healthy scratch a lot. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Not a number 2 D, keep shopping.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to NBbruinsfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey fellow NBer. I'm from Fredericton.  You?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Sobchack's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Disagree, I bet they move him.  He's going to get a big contract, they're going to miss the playoffs, and they actually have a pretty good stable of young developing D-men (Hamonic, Hickey, Donovan, Reinhart, De Haan, etc.).  

I agree that it wouldn't be bad to keep him, but I think they will indeed be 'wowed' by an offer.  Twenty teams probably think they're going to make the playoffs and just about all of them are interested in another quality piece on the blueline.

[/QUOTE]

They will not let him walk and is asking 4-5.  He will be dealt unless he signs for Alzner like money.   He would be a very nice fit.  I wouldnt have issue with a 2nd and a prospect.  Heck id go Bart and a 3rd.  If they want youth why not dangle Morrow.    

I like putting those prospects and picks towards Daley.   Bart plus a 2nd rounder might get them interested.  

I like Daley a lot.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It has to be a big presence that can log Seidenberg type minutes. Giving up picks and a good prospect is worth it. Going into the playoffs with the Bs have now on the blueline is not.

Khokhlachev (never going to crack the Bruins 3rd line), Kelly (probably will be moved this summer anyway), Bartkowski (have two real good young PMDs already) and this years 1st round pick (which Chiarelli isn't going to do squat with) are plenty to get meaningful talks going.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It has to be a big presence that can log Seidenberg type minutes. Giving up picks and a good prospect is worth it. Going into the playoffs with the Bs have now on the blueline is not.

Khokhlachev (never going to crack the Bruins 3rd line), Kelly (probably will be moved this summer anyway), Bartkowski (have two real good young PMDs already) and this years 1st round pick (which Chiarelli isn't going to do squat with) are plenty to get meaningful talks going.

[/QUOTE]

If that works, then go get him.  I'm totally on board with that offer!  I hope it will wow Snow.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

Im thinking MacDonalds puck moving is way above Stuarts. He,d be a good solid pick up, even though I hate rentals. Hate giving up value for a 2-3 month return, but then again you dont win if you dont play.Or can you? Boychuk, Miller & Hamilton is not too bad. Is a rental really that much of a up grade? Now throw in Robidas with a couple years remaining on contract & I,d be giving up Bartkowski & Kohkolchev.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"Khokhlachev (never going to crack the Bruins 3rd line), Kelly (probably will be moved this summer anyway), Bartkowski (have two real good young PMDs already) and this years 1st round pick (which Chiarelli isn't going to do squat with) are plenty to get meaningful talks going."

Why not throw in the Bruins' black and gold colour scheme while you're at it.

Giving up on Bartkowski - strictly because he is young - would be a mistake. For a #5/#6 Rental defenceman would make it a colossal mistake.

Just watch, MacDonald won't fetch that much. Pick and a prospect.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

Woodstock NB.  OrrandPapiRGods

This Guy plays 25m a game against opponents top lines. He seldem ever gets caught up ice when the rush is on. He is what we can have. Stuart plays 17m 3rd pairing ala MacQuaid. We can not compare the two this way. He is a shutdown top 3 LHD that can be had. It will be a bit pricy because 10 other teams will want him as well as a rental only. NYI Snow will want our top pick and more. I would give up KoKo but it may take someone that hurts abit. I think we have major young deth in D like never before but with Sieds out we need to make this move. Anything else that is not a trade will be for depth. Other depth picks could be 1. Nikita Nikitin 2. Henrik Tallinder - good pickups for sure. But back to MacDonald. This guy blocks shots like no other D in the game. No one is close to him. He would eat the pucks come playoff time. If we don't have a guy like him Chara will were down and our super good young D will break. Hamilton is not ready for showtime yet.

Just my two scents guys. dig in....