Odd Defenseman out???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianBruin. Show CanadianBruin's posts

Re: Odd Defenseman out???

Pretty tough to get of McQuaid the way he's been playing, he's +14.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FerenceONpoint. Show FerenceONpoint's posts

The odd man out is obviously McQuaid.  Its quite simple.  Look at the numbers.

He plays like 6 less minutes than any other defenseman, and almost zero special team time.

And don't give me that "drop the gloves / toughness" argument.  Its simple, stupid.  McQuaid goes back to Providence.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Odd Defenseman out???:
    [QUOTE]The odd man out is obviously McQuaid.  Its quite simple.  Look at the numbers. http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20112BOSSASAll&sort=avgTOIPerGame&viewName=timeOnIce He plays like 6 less minutes than any other defenseman, and almost zero special team time. And don't give me that "drop the gloves / toughness" argument.  Its simple, stupid.  McQuaid goes back to Providence.
    Posted by FerenceONpoint[/QUOTE]

I dont think he goes to Provy they've had 7dmen all year and most of last year as well. No reason to send him down you know someone else will get hurt soon enough. McQ willbe a great fill in guy. Could be top6 most other places.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FerenceONpoint. Show FerenceONpoint's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Odd Defenseman out??? : I dont think he goes to Provy they've had 7dmen all year and most of last year as well. No reason to send him down you know someone else will get hurt soon enough. McQ willbe a great fill in guy. Could be top6 most other places.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

Yeah you're right.  My bad.  He'll stay here, just press box duty.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

If I am reading the waiver table correctly McQuaid would now have to pass through waivers because he now has 61 NHL games.  If Claude was a great coach he would rotate the defenseman based on performance. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Maybe a Defenceman is traded--- San Jose is is in need of a D-man badly.  Maybe Ference and his contract get moved to clear some cap space to bring in another scorer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

[QUOTE]The odd man out is obviously McQuaid.  Its quite simple.  Look at the numbers. http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20112BOSSASAll&sort=avgTOIPerGame&viewName=timeOnIce He plays like 6 less minutes than any other defenseman, and almost zero special team time. And don't give me that "drop the gloves / toughness" argument.  Its simple, stupid.  McQuaid goes back to Providence.
    Posted by FerenceONpoint[/QUOTE]

Then you must be as "stupid" as they come, because its not that "simple".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

I agree JYaso....move Ference and clear cap space...another draft pick sounds good! Bartkowski more than capable of filling the hole in the depth chart!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Wow rough words from xenimus !  Anyway

JYaso. To make a trade your talking about, you would have to find a team who most likely not going into the playoffs or doesn't think they will go far, who has a scoring Dman, but yet is not deep in top 6 D men. Who would that be ? Just a question cause I kind of thought something like you mentioned as well, but I can't think of who the Bruins would trade with ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Well, for tonight at least it will be McQuaid sitting (according to Bish).

Given the likelihood of more injuries, I don't think we will see anyone traded (unless a D comes back as well).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

You don't move anyone, whoever is thinking that is being way to short sighted..
    You keep all 7, you give mcquaid spot starts, you send him to provi for conditioning if needed, but there will be more injuries and as deep as we look were one major injury away from being pretty thin back there..There is no stud down in providence and look at our playoff situation last year, stuart out, ferrence just returning from injury, seidenberg out..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

[QUOTE]You don't move anyone, whoever is thinking that is being way to short sighted.. You keep all 7, you give mcquaid spot starts, you send him to provi for conditioning if needed, but there will be more injuries and as deep as we look were one major injury away from being pretty thin back there..There is no stud down in providence and look at our playoff situation last year, stuart out, ferrence just returning from injury, seidenberg out..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

Excellent points, Roler. I think you're making a lot of sense here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Pisstt..

whats the problem hes 2nd on the team in plus minus, and has been great this year and if we dont resign stuart we need him..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

mcquaid should be the guy to give the other d-men a rest-and lets not forget bartkowski waiting in the wings...he did a fine job while up earlier. the d situation looks good no matter how you look at it. this team does not need to tinker w/ d, they are the best d in hockey(with a lot of help in net). if anything, a winger an a pick for a more proven scorer... just don't deal to deal, it had better be worth shaking up a first plce team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhanlon156. Show bhanlon156's posts

When you have Mark Stuart and Andrew Ference, you need all the depth you can get.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Bhanlon..
    right, cause those are the depth guys..

boychuk and mcquaid are the "cusp" guys right now.. Kampfers been great, but lack of experience could show up in his game at any minute..

Bartowski played like 8 minutes in one game he doesnt count towards depth, and I would hate to have to rely on him to log serious minutes in the play offs..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Pisstt.
    I like stuart over ference too, but all the numbers really suggest ference is a better player, and I think the bruins feel that way as well.. I am not looking to have to be in a position to rely on bartowski, no idea what he is ready for.. till we can get him up and down for some really playing time, hes a prospect.. Mcquaid played a handful of games last year, and made the team this year, bartowski has had one game, may see more, should push next year, but is in his first pro season.. Who knows what you get from him..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

7th will be held in pressbox.  More than likely McQ due to him being the least utilized.

His toughness and willingness to step up for his linemates will be missed, but if Stuart is ready then he can more than cover it.

If there is to be movement.
    Stuart is an UFA at year end, Boychuk next and Ference the following and Seid the one after that, Z is here til he retires.

Kampf and McQ are RFA's and unlikely to be moved. Z and Seid signed by Pc at longer terms and also unlikely to be moved and Fer falls almost into this with a 3 year deal by PC as well.

This leaves Boy and Stuart.  Boy has been treated fair for his workload with increases from his 500K last year to 1.75 this year and 2M next year.

The only one not truly given the fair value seems to be Stu. After 1.1M 1.5M last year he received a tiny raise to 1.675M making him the 5th highest paid and a UFA next year where he will definitely be testing the waters. His value is def in the Fer range and should have been there.  PC does not seem to value him and will have to deal him or let him walk.

I hope PC sees his value and finds a way to keep him, he is our toughest D left willing to swing em.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

4-
    Agree with your analysis, stuart is the guy who makes sense to move, or maybe he's the guy who gets a new deal at the end and someone else is moved, I think Mcquaid is in position to fill his spot.. But how much value to do you get when trading a rental who is really a role guy..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/bruins/post/_/id/3584/kampfer-may-need-surgery

“We talked about a couple of options at the doctor’s office, but if it doesn’t open up then there’s a possibility of [surgery] over the All-Star break or at the end of the season,” Kampfer said. “I’m optimistic it’s going to open up.”

"If he does need surgery and has it performed during the All-Star break, doctors told him he wouldn’t miss any playing time."

Good news if he doesn't miss that much time!