Official game 7 thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from uphere. Show uphere's posts

Official game 7 thread

See you guys at 7pm..Yell

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4778. Show bruinsfan4778's posts

Re: Official game 7 thread

ugggh...thankfully my girl is in a soccer tournament...cant watch...umm make that don't want to watch...got a bad feeling....hope I am DEAD wrong.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4778. Show bruinsfan4778's posts

just simply the law of averages....how many BIG wins on home ice...we have had a few so far this year...But....we havent had the big collapse at home...YET....hope this isnt the game it happens...YES..I AM a cynic...THIS TEAM HAS HURT ME MORE THAN ENOUGH...LOL.

LETS GO BRUINS...WIN IT BABY!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Man, these next two days are going to suck

Why couldn't they just get it done tonight?  Why did Tim Thomas let in 5 flippin goals?

Now I have to sit and think of what might have been and what might not happen.  I mean realize people, one more loss like this and the fairy tale is over.  This crap needs to stop.  They need to grab an early lead in game 7 and put their skates on Tampa's necks

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from uphere. Show uphere's posts

I hear that..still have scars from Wesley missing the open net!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from uphere. Show uphere's posts

In Response to Re: Official game 7 thread:
    [QUOTE]Man, these next two days are going to suck Why couldn't they just get it done tonight?  Why did Tim Thomas let in 5 flippin goals? Now I have to sit and think of what might have been and what might not happen.  I mean realize people, one more loss like this and the fairy tale is over.  This crap needs to stop.  They need to grab an early lead in game 7 and put their skates on Tampa's necks
    Posted by Swerengen[/QUOTE]

Especially after blowing game 4. We could have been going nuts Monday night after that win wrapped up the series!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

How long to the Bolts score the first goal? +/-  30 seconds?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Man that 5th goal.  I just saw it again.......Thomas took himself completely out of the play.  

I just hope he didn't take us out of the playoffs there.  It's on him to be huge in game 7

It can't end friday.....don't go out like this, after everything they've done to get here.  Don't go down this way. 

I'm reduced to begging  them to just get there.....if you lose to the Canucks, I'll still be impressed.  But don't lose two straight close out games and go home stupified and stunned

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Can you imagine that the 1st line scored 7 points....and they still lost

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from connor20. Show connor20's posts

we wont give up 3 pp goals on friday!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I have a game Friday night, just as well because I can't take these games.  They are frustrating to watch.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

[QUOTE]Can you imagine that the 1st line scored 7 points....and they still lost

Yeah very hard to swallow!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

[QUOTE]ugggh...thankfully my girl is in a soccer tournament...cant watch...umm make that don't want to watch...got a bad feeling....hope I am DEAD wrong.
    Posted by bruinsfan4778[/QUOTE]

Hold on....you are going to miss the game for your girlfriends soccer tourney?  Please tell me you are kidding?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from uphere. Show uphere's posts

Everybody go to church and pray Friday am!!Wink

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelf101. Show michaelf101's posts

Pee Wee Hockey on a 2 on 1 the defenceman takes away the pass. How many times are the D going let a pass get across for a empty net goal?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]Man, these next two days are going to suck Why couldn't they just get it done tonight?  Why did Tim Thomas let in 5 flippin goals? Now I have to sit and think of what might have been and what might not happen.  I mean realize people, one more loss like this and the fairy tale is over.  This crap needs to stop.  They need to grab an early lead in game 7 and put their skates on Tampa's necks

It's going to be alright.

I know how you feel, and I'm a long-time sufferer who almost always expects the worst.

Not this year.

The comeback against Montreal lit a spark of hope in my pessimistic heart that's been dormant for far too long (if for good reason), and I'm choosing now to believe in the Bruins success.

At least consider this: Prior to this year, NO Bruins team IN HISTORY had ever overcome an 0-2 deficit to win a playoff series. This year's team did...and not against just any opponent--against their most hated rival and the team that had brought about the most devastating losses in franchise history. AND on top of all that, it was a Game 7 that the B's won...AND they did it in overtime. Is there any scenario more potentially horrific than that??? Remember how you felt watching that OT??? But the Bruins delivered, and I'm choosing to believe that means they're destined for greatness--and not disappointment--this year.

Now, I fully admit, this is all wishful thinking. There is nothing to indicate in this series that the Bruins are necessarily a better team than Tampa. (The series wouldn't be knotted at 3 if that were the case). The Bruins could very well lose tomorrow night, and we'll be lamenting yet again what might have been.

BUT what is clear to me this year is that there's every reason TO BELIEVE. They survived a game 7 against the Habs, having come back from 0-2. They vanquished the team from the previous year that put their own stamp of ignominy on the franchise for all-time, and did so in 4 games. (A statement to be sure.)

If this is indeed the Bruins' season of glory, another tense and hard fough game 7 makes sence. More dramatic. Indicative of the kind of against-all-odds playoff triumph the Boston Red Sox put their fans through in 2004...which obviously was more than worth the angst of the process.

I'm at least grateful that Game 7 is on a Friday night. I get up crazy early for work and these weeknight contests leave me bleary-eyed and foggy the next morning. Win or lose I'll be able to sleep a bit later the next morning...and I have the feeling that Saturday will be a day for reflecting in the splendor of the Bruins' first chance at drinking from the greatest trophy in sports for the first time since 1990...and looking ahead to the reality of that happening for the first time since 1972.

It's crazy. It's nail-biting. It's never easy. It's the Bruins. It's our team. And it's time to BELIEVE.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Official game 7 thread : It's going to be alright. I know how you feel, and I'm a long-time sufferer who almost always expects the worst. Not this year. The comeback against Montreal lit a spark of hope in my pessimistic heart that's been dormant for far too long (if for good reason), and I'm choosing now to believe in the Bruins success. At least consider this: Prior to this year, NO Bruins team IN HISTORY had ever overcome an 0-2 deficit to win a playoff series. This year's team did...and not against just any opponent--against their most hated rival and the team that had brought about the most devastating losses in franchise history. AND on top of all that, it was a Game 7 that the B's won...AND they did it in overtime. Is there any scenario more potentially horrific than that??? Remember how you felt watching that OT??? But the Bruins delivered, and I'm choosing to believe that means they're destined for greatness--and not disappointment--this year. Now, I fully admit, this is all wishful thinking. There is nothing to indicate in this series that the Bruins are necessarily a better team than Tampa. (The series wouldn't be knotted at 3 if that were the case). The Bruins could very well lose tomorrow night, and we'll be lamenting yet again what might have been. BUT what is clear to me this year is that there's every reason TO BELIEVE. They survived a game 7 against the Habs, having come back from 0-2. They vanquished the team from the previous year that put their own stamp of ignominy on the franchise for all-time, and did so in 4 games. (A statement to be sure.) If this is indeed the Bruins' season of glory, another tense and hard fough game 7 makes sence. More dramatic. Indicative of the kind of against-all-odds playoff triumph the Boston Red Sox put their fans through in 2004...which obviously was more than worth the angst of the process. I'm at least grateful that Game 7 is on a Friday night. I get up crazy early for work and these weeknight contests leave me bleary-eyed and foggy the next morning. Win or lose I'll be able to sleep a bit later the next morning...and I have the feeling that Saturday will be a day for reflecting in the splendor of the Bruins' first chance at drinking from the greatest trophy in sports for the first time since 1990...and looking ahead to the reality of that happening for the first time since 1972. It's crazy. It's nail-biting. It's never easy. It's the Bruins. It's our team. And it's time to BELIEVE.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

Excellent post. Sums up my thoughts perfectly.

Bruins win tomorrow night, 4-2

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Official game 7 thread : It's going to be alright. I know how you feel, and I'm a long-time sufferer who almost always expects the worst. Not this year. The comeback against Montreal lit a spark of hope in my pessimistic heart that's been dormant for far too long (if for good reason), and I'm choosing now to believe in the Bruins success. At least consider this: Prior to this year, NO Bruins team IN HISTORY had ever overcome an 0-2 deficit to win a playoff series. This year's team did...and not against just any opponent--against their most hated rival and the team that had brought about the most devastating losses in franchise history. AND on top of all that, it was a Game 7 that the B's won...AND they did it in overtime. Is there any scenario more potentially horrific than that??? Remember how you felt watching that OT??? But the Bruins delivered, and I'm choosing to believe that means they're destined for greatness--and not disappointment--this year. Now, I fully admit, this is all wishful thinking. There is nothing to indicate in this series that the Bruins are necessarily a better team than Tampa. (The series wouldn't be knotted at 3 if that were the case). The Bruins could very well lose tomorrow night, and we'll be lamenting yet again what might have been. BUT what is clear to me this year is that there's every reason TO BELIEVE. They survived a game 7 against the Habs, having come back from 0-2. They vanquished the team from the previous year that put their own stamp of ignominy on the franchise for all-time, and did so in 4 games. (A statement to be sure.) If this is indeed the Bruins' season of glory, another tense and hard fough game 7 makes sence. More dramatic. Indicative of the kind of against-all-odds playoff triumph the Boston Red Sox put their fans through in 2004...which obviously was more than worth the angst of the process. I'm at least grateful that Game 7 is on a Friday night. I get up crazy early for work and these weeknight contests leave me bleary-eyed and foggy the next morning. Win or lose I'll be able to sleep a bit later the next morning...and I have the feeling that Saturday will be a day for reflecting in the splendor of the Bruins' first chance at drinking from the greatest trophy in sports for the first time since 1990...and looking ahead to the reality of that happening for the first time since 1972. It's crazy. It's nail-biting. It's never easy. It's the Bruins. It's our team. And it's time to BELIEVE.

Here here!! Stay positive.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

Here's the bottom line. Stay out of the freakin penalty box! If the B's do that, they win, its that simple. The highly skilled Bolts stars don't like the type of game the Bruins excel at, hit, bump and grind, defense first. Martin St. Louis and company will be having Chara nightmares when they lose this series.

Oh, and Trytobearit, your closing phrase is dead on. Where in the world was Tyler Seguin during the third period last night? Is Julien really that stupid that he doesn't know that in a game like that he needed to shake up his lines and make certain that this kid is on the ice regularly? Saw plenty of the two biggest wastes of times, Kaberle (I know he's a defensemen) and Ryder - but where o where was your most explosive offense talent! If Julien pulls that **** again, he really is the dimwit. I don't care what flaws (and I don't see many at this point) Seguin has, he's pure offense talent and needs to be on the ice - a lot; powerplay for instance.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]Here's the bottom line. Stay out of the freakin penalty box! If the B's do that, they win, its that simple. The highly skilled Bolts stars don't like the type of game the Bruins excel at, hit, bump and grind, defense first. Martan St. Louis and company will be having Chara nightmares when they lose this series. Oh, and Trytobearit, your closing phrase is dead on. Where in the world was Tyler Seguin during the third period last night? Is Julien really that stupid that he knows in a game like that he needed to shake up his lines and make certain that this kid out on the ice. Saw plenty of the two biggest wastes of times, Kaberle (I know he's a defensemen) and Ryder - but where o where was your most explosive offense talent! If Julien pulls that **** again, he really is the dimwit. I don't care what flaws (and I don't see many at this point) Seguin has, he's pure offense talent and needs to be on the ice - a lot; powerplay for instance.
    Posted by Shadowcpt[/QUOTE]

If you don't watch the game closely, you won't see him as he's been pretty invisible the last few games. And he was out there as the game was closing, he had a good shift with about 3 minutes left in the game that almost led to a goal.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Official game 7 thread : If you don't watch the game closely, you won't see him as he's been pretty invisible the last few games. And he was out there as the game was closing, he had a good shift with about 3 minutes left in the game that almost led to a goal.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

You're correct, I checked his ice time, he logged about 17 and a half minutes; top line average was about 20 minutes. But, 0 power play minutes, boy needs to be on the ice for at least a portion of the power play.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

stay out of the box! plain and simple  the pp is tb's bread and butter  man im gona have to get some pepto bismol for tomorrow nights game

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Well said.

For some reason it had to go 7 games.  The Bruins will score on their PP, Thomas will be great and Bruins will win game 7.

There was a reason the Tampa players at the end of the game salauted their fans. IT'S BECAUSE THAT'S THE LAST TIME THEY WILL SEE THEMN PLAY THESE PLAYOFFS.

GO BRUINS !!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Official game 7 thread : If you don't watch the game closely, you won't see him as he's been pretty invisible the last few games. And he was out there as the game was closing, he had a good shift with about 3 minutes left in the game that almost led to a goal.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

he's only invisible b/c Claude gives him very limited minutes. I think that's what's frustrating for those of us who believe in his talent. He's rarely used on the PP (which makes no sense given how futile it's been), and CJ seems still unconvinced he can produce, despite what we saw in game 2.

You can't prove your worth if you're not given the chance. TB is a fast team...Seguin should be used to counter that speed. I love Recchi but he shows his age against these guys. We need more Seguin, not less.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

and one more thing Seguin will score tomorrow.
    Note guys that Seguin does not kill penalties therefore when the Bruins go on PK often down goes Seguin's minutes.
    Tampa has done a good job keeping him in check. Another learning experience for the kid . He will still score tomorrow.