Officially Done With CJ

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Officially Done With CJ

7th among active coaches???? This team deserves better. And, for all you wise-guys, I do NOT care that he inherited a crappy Bruins team and was also stuck with that cruddy Montreal franchise for so many years. CJ, his stupid system, his stupid regular season success and incredible goal differential are not for Boston.

Regular season point percentage leaders among active coaches:

1) Boudreau (.689)
    2) Babcock (.642)
    3) Tippett (.622)
    4) Quenville (.604)
    5) Sutter (.600)
    6) Carlyle (.598)
    7) Julien (.591)
    8) Ruff (.568)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Re: Officially Done With CJ

Also, I DO NOT CARE that only 8 active coaches have won a Stanley Cup. Irrelevant.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

As much as I don't like him either, numbers don't lie.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

(I'm a CJ supporter)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Not that it matters but CJ is a fine coach.  A defensive guru.  He has had several teams march to top of the league in the regular season.  He has had several teams make it to the second round.  Now, if he fails to get pass the second round I hope management does not hang on like BRuffalo.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Officially Done With CJ:
    [QUOTE]7th among active coaches???? This team deserves better. And, for all you wise-guys, I do NOT care that he inherited a crappy Bruins team and was also stuck with that cruddy Montreal franchise for so many years. CJ, his stupid system, his stupid regular season success and incredible goal differential are not for Boston. Regular season point percentage leaders among active coaches: 1) Boudreau (.689) 2) Babcock (.642) 3) Tippett (.622) 4) Quenville (.604) 5) Sutter (.600) 6) Carlyle (.598) 7) Julien (.591) 8) Ruff (.568)
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

LOL...but it's still fun to bash him after a loss.  I'm 50/50 with this guy, proof will be in the playoff pudding.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

In Response to Officially Done With CJ:
    [QUOTE]7th among active coaches???? This team deserves better. Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

I guess this is the part that threw me off...guess I read it wrong.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

In Response to Re: Officially Done With CJ:
    [QUOTE]Also, I DO NOT CARE that only 8 active coaches have won a Stanley Cup. Irrelevant.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

Out of interest, who are the active coaches who have won a cup? How many are on the other list?

I guess Ron Wilson will be on one list but not both as would Bruce Boudreau. Just wondered how much overlap there is.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Serious meet sarcasm, sarcasm meet serious.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

LOL! Is that a fishing hook stuck in my mouth?

EDIT : In my defence I didn't get much sleep last night. The Leighton thread is just someone having a laugh too, right?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Pretty sure it's Babcock, Quenville and Carlyle for the Cups.

The other factor to consider is who has coached more than one team successfully.  Sutter's on his second - success in Calgary may yet follow, but he's not a .600 coach in Alberta.  Take out Boudreau, Carlyle, and Ruff.  Really, it's Babcock, Tippett, Quenville, and Julien.  Babcock's second team was the Wings, so that's a grain of salt.  Tippett's full marks for turning around the 'Yotes, and Quenville's obviously full value.

It's also important to note just how much of the Bruins's return from the trainwreck of the Lewis years is on the backs of young players.  The current top line is the fruit of developing young talent - Lucic and Krejci have been given lots of opportunities to flourish under CJ, and Horton is the return on a young player from another organization who was quietly good when he wasn't spectacularly bad - but who got a chance to be both.  More recently, Marchand, Stuart, McQuaid, and Kampfer have been given a chance and have made real contributions.  Along the way, guys like Wheeler, Hunwick and Sobotka have been important over short stretches and were given a chance to prove they could be more than bit parts.  They didn't, and they're gone.  Other than the FA signings of Savard and Chara, both prior to CJ, this team is built largely from within with home-grown talent supplemented by peripheral trades.  Tellingly, Ryder is the biggest exception - hired to be a 30 goal gunner - and is the source of the most frustration. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FinnsWake. Show FinnsWake's posts

I spend more time than I should wavering back and forth on whether CJ should go.

I'm going to let B's management deal with that from now on.

A bit O/T but why haven't we seen more stories about how this team has turned its offense around this year?

We were 2nd last in 09/10 just ahead of Calgary if I recall correctly.

Currently, we are 5th in the league at 3.1 GPG, Van is #1 at 3.4

That's a very decent turnaround.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

CJ has coached a team past the second round the same number of times that I have

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

We had a deal DC !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Hey if it's official it's official but the only way Julien gets jettisoned is an early exit in this years playoffs or a New Jersey type start to next season. I don't see either happening so the dislike julien thermometer will stay high for some.

If the Bruins lose two of three in western Canada this board is going to light up. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Don't let stats fool you, CJ is an awful coach due to his lack of passion behind the bench and his boring style.

If CJ played a more open system, he'd be a better coach. Stats and Win/Loss numbers don't matter in the assessment of a coach. It's all about entertainment.
    If a coach doesn't entertain, he's bad. Period.

As a side note, I really hope Kaberle can help the powerplay be more consistent. The Bs need a top PP in order to get anywhere. Why aren't your best shooters - Horton and Seguin - on the PP is beyond me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]LOL! Is that a fishing hook stuck in my mouth? EDIT : In my defence I didn't get much sleep last night. The Leighton thread is just someone having a laugh too, right?
    Posted by Kurako[/QUOTE]
    I actually think that is a serious thread. Who knows though it's tough on this board. I usually get tricked by one thread and not by the other. So I might have fallen for it if it's a sarcastic post.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I support him this year but the playoffs will determine, in my mind, whether he stays  or gets the axe.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I do agree if this team doesn't get to the Semi's and put up a good show (as Philly is a very good and deep team) then CJ should go. 

But having said that, I agree with BBoy - again. The team has developed some fine talent, and they are once again going to be at the top defensively, and surprisingly, offensively. As the old saying goes, Defense wins Championships. 

How can you not like a guy that has kept this team at or near the top while having his #1 Center taken away from him, and his #2 has been injuried 3 times in the last 2 years. I've never heard any rumblings about him not getting along with the team, outside of PK. And we can't hold that against him or Wilson. 

Maybe he isn't the most creative guy around, but the B's could certainly do worse.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

My biggest pet peeve with CJ is that he didn't send a HUGE message to the Pens and the other teams by hammering Cooke and every Pen on the ice the first game they met after the Savard assassination. Hit everything that moved as hard as possible and let them and everyone know that you won't be pushed around.

Beating up Montreal to show how tough you are, is like beating up your little sister. You gain no respect there.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Officially Done With CJ : I actually think that is a serious thread. Who knows though it's tough on this board. I usually get tricked by one thread and not by the other. So I might have fallen for it if it's a sarcastic post.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

Back at'cha! I was pretty sure that was serious all along. Dumb but serious!

Anyway a quick glance at wikipedia throws up the following cup winning names who aren't on the win % list: Laviolette, Tortorella, Blysma, Lemaire (there are others but I'm too tired to work it out).

Getting slightly off topic. Scotty Bowman. 9 wins. 3 decades. 3 clubs. Fook!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

If CJ is such a terrible coach why does he have the respect from other NHL coaches.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

cj is choking the life of his players. they're only 5th in goals for. they should have at least twice as many goals as the other teams.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

Lots of teams and fans would be happy to be tied for 6'th in the league in scoring and tied for 4'th in goals allowed.

That being said, without having the benefit of being in the dressing room, he does seem like a dopey guy that doesnt lead or inspire alot of enthasism by his actions.  You could also make an argument he is too loyal (i know sometimes an asset) to verteran players and too quick with rookies which can obviously kill confidence.

Sometimes change is necessary - just cuz - and if they dont play well into spring this year that could spell the end of Claude "Homer Simpson" Julien.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]My biggest pet peeve with CJ is that he didn't send a HUGE message to the Pens and the other teams by hammering Cooke and every Pen on the ice the first game they met after the Savard assassination. Hit everything that moved as hard as possible and let them and everyone know that you won't be pushed around. Beating up Montreal to show how tough you are, is like beating up your little sister. You gain no respect there.
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]

CJ didn't have to. The Karma police took care of that. Where's Sidney now ? What happened to him. Bingo. I'll send my sympathy card to Mario later.